Forums » Elder Scrolls

Vent Discussion: What do you hate more than anything about Skyri

• 74 posts
    July 13, 2013 11:09 PM EDT

Lockpicking is game breaking anyways, just give your companion your lockpicks and they'll open them all without breaking....

• 152 posts
    July 13, 2013 11:12 PM EDT

You know what really grinds my gears??

The horns on the helmets! it is a proven fact that Scandinavians did NOT wear horned helmets. And since the Nords are based off of Scandinavians....

• 152 posts
    July 13, 2013 11:15 PM EDT

The Dumner do have their own armor, its called Bonemould. The Khajiit use medium armor, and since that ceased to exist after Morrowind...

• 1913 posts
    July 13, 2013 11:23 PM EDT
    that isn't fun though. i love lockpicking in skyrim
    • 74 posts
    July 13, 2013 11:29 PM EDT

But yeah... I have never touched the lockpicking tree once I realized that if I just grind the skill normally, I can unlock master chests with a bit more effort.

• 1913 posts
    July 13, 2013 11:51 PM EDT
    still, treasure hunter is a nice perk
  • July 13, 2013 11:57 PM EDT

I hate how limited I am. 

• 74 posts
    July 14, 2013 12:02 AM EDT

I hate how limited you are too... Why can't you be more useful Shor? >:(

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    July 14, 2013 12:09 AM EDT

A lot of things.

But I'm tired, so I'm just going to say one:

Some characters (Idgrod, Falion, Movarth, Maven, Vingalmo and Orthjolf) had so many possibilities, and yet they were almost left aside.

I'd love to deeply engage in Harkon's Court politics before and after it becomes my character's Court.

And Idgrod and Falion... This two... Sooo many possibilities. Their city, Morthal... Even more possibilities.

Maven... Well, she has some quests, but to me, it's not enough.

Movarth... I'd love if we had more options related to him... Maybe ally with him. Or just if he really was that "powerful and feared" vampire, it would be enough..

• 33 posts
    July 15, 2013 9:23 AM EDT

Autotalk. Every NPC in skyrim wants to talk to random strangers. For example, the little girl in Whiterun: "I work with my mother, we sell fruits and vegetables, and I think I have to tell this to you every freaking time we meet, because it makes so much sense!" Seriously, WHO THE HELL CARES!? If it would be like this in real life, I would go insane!! For god's sake, If there's any mod that turns this off, please link it, because it's driving me mad!

Edit: nvm, I found one, at last

• 856 posts
    July 15, 2013 10:01 AM EDT

aye, Horns would cause the helmet to weigh more and be off balanced.  I always assume that the misconception started due to some joke by a drunk Norseman or to intimidate an opponent or both.  

According to legend, the lone Viking at Stamford Bridge may have wore a horned helm.  If you have never read the tale, I encourage you all. This is the only example that I know where a Viking in a saga wore a horned helm.  (Apologies, I cannot find a good link - only persons commenting on it.  I will include a link if/when I find a suitable telling).

• 10 posts
    July 15, 2013 10:24 AM EDT

There is a lot for me, so I will list them

No uniqueness in characters like in oblivion: Every race can master every skill withe ease, there is no difference between races besides skills. Every character can be a hybrid and the game gives you no reason not to, not to mention how easy the game is. Every character regardless of roleplaying aspects usually is a hybrid of smithing, enchanting, and alchemy to get op gear, because the game gives you no reason not to.

No reward for exploring: Almost all of the time the game just tells you where to go, no work needed, no anything, you can't ask around town, then there is no reward for exploring, because you will find a certain cave and it ends up being used for a quest later, or you beat the whole thing just to have the enemies respawn and beat the cave again for a quest. Pretty much the way it goes is, if its not on your quest booklet thingy, then don't bother.

Leveling too easily: A huge problem for me, after the first dungeon of the game you can reach level 5-8 with ease, making enemies get extremely powerful without you having a chance to catch up to them gear and stat wise.

So many boring abilities: They put almost no time in the skill trees, a good lot of them are useless, and the other are op grind fests. The only use for magic is the master level spells and impact, which just becomes boring constantly spamming fireballs. Stealth is way too easy, how do you shoot someone in the head with an arrow, hide, then hear "oh it must have been my imagination". The only reason people do smithing, alchemy, and enchanting anymore, is for the op gear anymore, not for their intended purposes. There is so much more wrong its sad really.

Roleplaying; This games dialogue is a lot like fallout, which is bad for this game, but it works well in fallout. If you take a look at oblivion dialogue, you can see how much more options there are and how it fits an RPG more. You either get the mean thing, or the nice thing, not much else, and there is no real Karma systems, so it never matters what you do or say, because you can be the leader of every guild and still be loved by everyone, no matter how big of a jerk you are.

The story: It is really just awful, its so repetitive and the game acts like it is a good story and you want to hear everything, when its just the same thing repeated by everyone, no unique characters, no nothing. Not everyone wants to roleplay as a dragonborn is the real problem, but you need to progress far enough to be able to fight dragons, then that part shows you are a dragonborn.

Traveling: I would like to roleplay by not fast traveling, but every time you do, on a master difficulty early in the game, you always get jumped by wolves, sabre cats, bears, bandits, dragons, etc. When you don't have good equipment early on, even the simplest of animals can kill you in a few hits. ALso dragons can attack major cities and villages and kill very important npcs and characters.

There is much much more, but this has eben long enough.

• 22 posts
    July 15, 2013 10:27 AM EDT

It annoys me that now im in the Dark Brotherhood, every guard in skyrim is too.

• 13 posts
    July 15, 2013 1:59 PM EDT

You could load a save right after you get off and create your character that is what I always do it saves a lot of time

• 13 posts
    July 15, 2013 2:29 PM EDT

This is minor compared to all of yours but on male characters you can't get the masked version if the shrouded cowl

• 1 posts
    July 15, 2013 2:49 PM EDT

You are not alone with that..

• 1 posts
    July 15, 2013 3:16 PM EDT

Nazeem

• 27 posts
    July 16, 2013 3:04 AM EDT

That's exactly what I always do too.
    It saves a shit load of waiting time.

• July 16, 2013 11:45 AM EDT

Yes it is.

• July 16, 2013 11:49 AM EDT

That is a massive war axe then. Look at the handle. The thing is almost as tall as he is.

• Tim
    • 89 posts
    July 16, 2013 12:53 PM EDT

lol, so true, and then they still will arrest you for murder xD

• Tim
    • 89 posts
    July 16, 2013 12:54 PM EDT

I would be mad at this, but most of my characters have beards, so I am glad to not be clipping through the mask. That said, seems that they could've just made it disappear like hair disappears when you equip it

• Tim
    • 89 posts
    July 16, 2013 12:56 PM EDT

yeah, I'm totally with you on that dude, at least Dragonborn added the Bound Dagger, which is great for magical assassins. I also miss bound armor, that stuff was so cool!

• July 16, 2013 1:02 PM EDT

I find it kind of annoying that there are inconsistencies with learning Shouts. 

I learn Dragonrend just by hearing it, but Shouts used by Alduin and Miraak are restricted  even though I hear them used.

Get what I'm saying?

• 89 posts
    July 17, 2013 5:31 PM EDT

I agree with you Bryn, it's just I can usually find something better to spend my perk points on unless I'm roleplaying a straight up thief.