Forums » Elder Scrolls

Vent Discussion: What do you hate more than anything about Skyri

• 2 posts
    April 12, 2013 5:46 PM EDT
    I personally think that the game should be able to track what type of role you are playing inside the game, and alter loot to benefit that role. For instance, playing as a mage, loot will generally be soul gems, staves, and robes. Where as playing as a thief or warrior, the loot would be lockpicks and weapons.
  • April 12, 2013 5:52 PM EDT

I hate how I can't use spells under water. The Dragoborn, slayer of Alduin the World-Eater, is reduced to fleeing from a fish. 

• 2 posts
    April 14, 2013 8:48 PM EDT

I can't agree more.

• 365 posts
    April 15, 2013 4:23 AM EDT

A simple skill-tracking bit of code would be in order:

Kind of like it sees if you have, say, 70 in Destruction it will already have a pre-determined list of treasure, or say you have 82 in Conjuration it might spit out a few Atronach Conjuration Scrolls.

It wouldd'nt be hard to implement, Beth sometimes are lazy and overlook simple stuff that could make the game better.

• 1 posts
    April 15, 2013 10:21 AM EDT

the fact you don't break a single law during the Thieves Guild Quest, they are more like dungeons where you steal the ending loot, unlike Oblivion if you got caught its "pay the court a fine or serve you sentence..."

and levitation spells we need more levitation spells

• 1913 posts
    April 15, 2013 10:33 AM EDT
    Theft, breaking and entering, murdering, poisoning, interfering with businesses... Yeah, you don't break a single law :P
    • 14 posts
    April 15, 2013 12:18 PM EDT

I'd listen to the thieves guild member on this one :P I hate how short the good quest lines are and how long the boring ones are…. like seriously The Companions is probably one of my favorite quest lines, so is dragon born but they're only six and seven quests long, respectively. I hate the thieves guild quests though (sorry Bryn), but to become guild master you gotta do like 25+ quests (including the ending optional quests)….it really bugs me, but that's more of a personal preference thing

• April 19, 2013 4:24 PM EDT

I always end up selling whatever Maven gives me. Or if I'm into enchanting I'll destroy it. :) haha.

• 409 posts
    April 19, 2013 5:11 PM EDT
    Master frost spell weakening bug.... I want to be a badass that can summon a blizzard around him but it is weak because I have frost resistance, seems very contrary to what it should be.
    • 2 posts
    April 19, 2013 11:57 PM EDT

In my opinion I have to agree when someone, Kyrielle if I´m not mistaken, mentioned the fact that at some point,even on master difficulty, I have to sometimes handicap my character in some way because it is to overpowered, especially investing in the enchanting tree and i find myself starting a new game just to play those low levels when you have low health low magika, stamina , armor rating etc.

And also for example perks like bone breaker 3/3 at high levels become a complete waste due to the fact that even the enemies with the heaviest armor don´t have high armor rating because their armor are not upgraded like we do with smithing. So most of of them are most like a big bag of hitpoints, but even so that doesn´t matter with the upgraded damage one can put in a weapon without even adding fire damage etc.

Other than that the game is fine lool 

• 78 posts
    April 20, 2013 9:57 AM EDT

It looks like a war ax and that is a one handed.  I am able to yield that and another.

• 62 posts
    April 20, 2013 6:37 PM EDT

The fact that enemies and followers are still capped following the latest patch is my current biggest gripe with the game.

Given that they have pretty much done away with the level cap for the player's character, it makes no sense to have such a low cut off point for other inhabitants of the world.

• May 25, 2013 6:49 PM EDT

''Hey look a master level lock chest! Lets open it!'' (69 lockpicks later.) ''Phew! That was hard. Lets hope theres some good mage gea... *Finds hide shield enchanted with 5% shock resistance.* Me: BETHESDA!

Also what about not being able to smelt all kinds of dwemer metal *RAGE*

• 9 posts
    July 13, 2013 5:06 PM EDT

or...use the atronach stone :P

• 9 posts
    July 13, 2013 5:17 PM EDT

Agreed. Ebony Armor/Mail > Daedric Armor. (the helmet is pretty cool though)

• 185 posts
    July 13, 2013 5:23 PM EDT
    In a old character,i was looking for a item enchanted with waterbreathing,but can't find (after 150 hours in the character)
    after that,i started a argonian,and found the damn item in one of the khajiit merchants after playing 1 hour in the character,but argonians start with waterbreathing.
    sometimes,i hate this game
    • 9 posts
    July 13, 2013 5:27 PM EDT

Heimskr.

• 19 posts
    July 13, 2013 6:28 PM EDT

You have come! You have come to hear the word of Talos!

No, worst part of Skyrim summed up in nine words: Do you get to the Cloud District very often?

• 74 posts
    July 13, 2013 6:30 PM EDT

Talos the Mighty! Talos the unerring! Talos the unassailable! To you we give Praise!

Dragons... it's so annoying when one lands in the College and gets stuck in a pillar. 

• 185 posts
    July 13, 2013 7:16 PM EDT
    When dead enemies talk.
    i was fighting with a hunter today,and after the reverse sword killcam,after my blades sword cut the chest of the hunter,he say "please,don't kill me" Too late,friend.
    • 14 posts
    July 13, 2013 7:42 PM EDT

Lack of aesthetic choices for me. I'm sick of just having full-blown armor sets, robes tailor-made only for mages, and clothing sets crafted specifically for looking lame.

Let's get some holy-looking robes for priest and cleric characters, some more light armor sets that combine armor and cloth (throwing some plates on one shoulder of a set of robes doesn't cut it), and so on. More capes and shit. Let's make a game where our characters look cool and stand out.

Oh and, of course their complete disregard for unarmed combat. Felt so good to make my Master Monk as a big "fuck you" to them for skimping on that area. Let's get some unarmed weapons like gauntlets and shit that can parry attacks and imbue our fists with cool effects next game to compensate please!

• 89 posts
    July 13, 2013 9:42 PM EDT

Two things that really irk me. 1st off; the Lockpicking tree. I once heard it described as "wiping your arse with you perk points." I would so much rather have something like Acrobatics or Unarmed back and actually been able to use it, or at least have a reason to perk that tree, but I still can't find a reason to do so. 2nd of all, I don't like how easy it is to get through the Guilds with a non-related character. Farkas should notice that I never drew my sword while fighting the Silver Hand and throw my mage ass out of there. And don't let me into the college if I have no magic skill, and certainly don't make me Arch-Mage when I never use spells.

• 490 posts
    July 13, 2013 9:51 PM EDT
    Bound spells!!!

It would have been incredible to have a full spell set for equipment equivalents in bound form. No bound mace? Shield? Armor?!? They missed out on that one big time.

I guess Oblivion had more to choose from given the amount of Daedra inspired themes with Dagon trying to rofl-stomp everyone in the face.
    • 74 posts
    July 13, 2013 11:00 PM EDT

At one point Farkas wouldn't allow you to become an initiate of the Companions if your weapon had an magic dealing enchantment. I imagine they changed that because I smacked him in the face with both a fireball and a fire sword and he said nothing... 

• 1913 posts
    July 13, 2013 11:06 PM EDT
    best perk in lockpicking is treasure hunter i believe. it makes better equipment/loot appear more often