Forums » Elder Scrolls

Vent Discussion: What do you hate more than anything about Skyri

• 291 posts
    April 7, 2013 12:17 AM EDT

Oh yes.  I just meant that they only implemented on one item that belongs to one NPC.  Almost like it was meant as a test for a later date when they might implement the DLC version of "Cloaks of Skyrim"

• 89 posts
    April 7, 2013 12:19 AM EDT
    I hate the fact that you can't ignite the puddles of flammable liquid with torches. I'll be ruining a no magic roleplay and I can't strategically use the flammable liquid on the floor?
    • 291 posts
    April 7, 2013 12:22 AM EDT

What about exploding dwarven bolts?  Do those ignite oil patches?

• 89 posts
    April 7, 2013 12:24 AM EDT
    Do flame arrows ignite them, nah right?
    • 78 posts
    April 7, 2013 5:38 PM EDT

my merchants always getting killed....the idiots.

• 78 posts
    April 10, 2013 10:31 PM EDT

ugh, now two of my blacksmithers dead Alvor in Riverwood and Adrienne in Whiterun.  Ulfberth War-Bear is missing, at least I can't find his body.  I was hoping he was captured by bandits and it was a Companion quest ot get him but haven't found him yet.  

• 365 posts
    April 10, 2013 11:12 PM EDT

But now you have 1.9 update

• April 11, 2013 1:35 PM EDT

I hate that males only get the ancient nord helmet with the cow horns and can't get the one with those sweet antlers. Helm of yngol is cool and all, but I'd rather have the antlers.

• 17 posts
    April 12, 2013 5:10 AM EDT

Hate is strong word. I would say I am more disappointed about following things:

1. Loot from master chest at higher levels is, lets say, funny

2. Amount of enemies, it's just too low for my taste. I am only level 39 in maxed out armor and I blaze through ruins in 3 - 5 minutes

3. Ruins are copy and paste

• 78 posts
    April 12, 2013 7:26 AM EDT

Yes it just updated.     

• April 12, 2013 8:43 AM EDT

I stand by my choice of words. 

• 49 posts
    April 12, 2013 1:45 PM EDT

There is only 1 thing in all of Skyrim that really annoys me and I think a lot of people would disagree with me. My problem is the enemy similairty (or whoever it is supposed to be spelled) Just the mere fact that when I am in a certain bandit camp there are 3 bandits with exactly the same gear and face!!!! And I know Skyrim is a big game but it really bugs me to be beating up the same guy over and over again.

• 365 posts
    April 12, 2013 2:43 PM EDT

I'm pretty sure it's called 'Tile-sets' in features in numbers of interiors of games (all the Neverwinter Nights most mentionably) where the tile sets are pre-made and are split up by directions of what the tile looks like (e.g double archway, NE corner, or Hallway Stairs) and they just plonk them down to create vast dungeons easily and quickly, although the drawback is every NE corner for example looks exactly the same.

The tile-sets usually come in different styles with the same description (e.g for Dragonborn DLC it might 'Solstheim_Interior_NE_Corner') for a sandy chitin style maybe.

Alot of games use this effect/tool as it is easy to use, create, explain and show new devs how to use.

And yes, it's really annoying :P

• 365 posts
    April 12, 2013 2:46 PM EDT

If you ever noticed in the console command (if you play on PC) sometimes some of the codes for humanoid creatures it's easier to see the duplication of enemies.

Similar thing to tile-sets as I described before, it's easy to then spam dungeons with mobs should they need to, and can create vast armies for cutscenes or battle atmosphere, for whatever the reason.

• 1483 posts
    April 12, 2013 2:47 PM EDT

I don't know the ruins seem pretty different form me. Sure the individual elements are the same but it's realistic as architectural elements. Layouts are unique for each dungeon 

• 1483 posts
    April 12, 2013 2:50 PM EDT

That's the reason I don't like siding with Imperials from gameplay point of view. When you see how many of the guards have the same face... I haven't sided with Stormcloaks yet though, do they wear closed helmets?

• 365 posts
    April 12, 2013 2:53 PM EDT

I'll give you an example of what I mean mate using the NWN2 Interior CK, I'm pretty sure they must use a similar thing in Skyrim.

Otherwise if it were done by hand and not tiles, Blackreach would take a month of Sundays to load!!

I could be wrong, but here's what I mean:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlXVjgsGQs0

• 365 posts
    April 12, 2013 2:55 PM EDT

Some where hide helmets which show their faces.

• 1483 posts
    April 12, 2013 2:58 PM EDT

I get what you're saying and it's understandable why they use this technique. But the arrangement of these blocks is different in all dungeons, plus they added other minor elements that make each dungeon feel unique. I have never had deja vu like feeling in Skyrim dungeons

• 1483 posts
    April 12, 2013 2:59 PM EDT

Too bad for Stormcloaks then, they'll be forced to struggle forever, since I'm not joining any side! 

• 365 posts
    April 12, 2013 3:01 PM EDT

Me either but they must use this as a base, but add in something else that makes it feel unique....

• April 12, 2013 3:14 PM EDT

I hate how  you cant wield a two-handed weapon and a shield at the same time, like in this picture

• 365 posts
    April 12, 2013 3:53 PM EDT

Only the female version has antlers.

Here

• April 12, 2013 4:03 PM EDT

Yeah, I went looking for that, and it had the cow horns. I was livid. 

• April 12, 2013 5:34 PM EDT

The females got the best of the Ancient Nord armor. Their hips actually have protection, and that super awesome antler helmet. 

I will complain when it suites me, and what are you talking about? In Skyrim, they get just as much coverage. 

I'm just saying, they got  like four variants of fur armor, two variants of steel, and scaled. Why couldn't they do one more?