Forums » Elder Scrolls

Vent Discussion: What do you hate more than anything about Skyri

• 80 posts
    March 31, 2013 12:24 AM EDT

I could write a book about things I hate in Skyrim but I'll just list the top 51) The unnaturally high cost of spells in the game. Unless you use cost reduction gear or have the regeneration rate of a god then its nearly impossible to use magic all that much.

2) Crappy unique gear that can instantly be out matched by any player created item. It's suppose to be unique, in either appearance or ability.

3) Stupid AI. A dragon attacks and everyone has to run with their cheap daggers to try and slay it instead of leaving it to the guards and the Dragonborn.

4) Broken quests. How in Mara's name was I suppose to know that grabbing that book would leave it stuck in my inventory FOREVER.

5) KILLCAMS. GIVE ME AN OPTION TO REMOVE THEM.

Screw it you'll get the whole rant book.

6) Severe lack of any customization options to armors, weapons, clothes, etc.

7) Crappy quest rewards. Here take this leather helmet of minor alchemy for slaying that Master Vampire.

8) Blizzard spell. Why does my magic resistance gimp this spell to a point where it couldn't slay a single fox?

9) Spell Absorption. Why does it affect my summons?

10) Mage Armor. Take these masks that boost destruction damage, they're heavy armor.

11) Staves. Level up my skills DAMN IT.

12) Master spells. 3 second animation that can be interrupted, stopping the spell and having to do the 3 second animation again.

13) Nightingale blade and silver weapons. Let me upgrade them DAMN IT.

14) Unenchanted Robes. Make ones for every rank from novice to master not just the expert rank. Add a matching unenchanted hood to go with them also.

15) Depth. "As wide as an ocean but the depth of a puddle."

I'll stop now and I apologize for the profanity but I really needed to vent.

• 1913 posts
    March 31, 2013 12:32 AM EDT
    Wow... And I thought I complained about useless things...
    • 80 posts
    March 31, 2013 1:00 AM EDT

I can rant up a storm sometimes, even if it's on something useless.

• March 31, 2013 5:06 AM EDT

I hate NPC Killcams. On master, you'll get insta-killcamed by any two-handed NPC because of the bugged killcam formula.

• 8 posts
    March 31, 2013 10:04 AM EDT

How irileth doesnt spawn for dragon rising

• 78 posts
    March 31, 2013 8:23 PM EDT

heh, I thought the same with my character.  I thought this was the hardest target.

• 78 posts
    March 31, 2013 8:26 PM EDT

Agreed.  I feel that at a level 31, I should be finding more ebony items in locked areas than steel and such.  My smithing is almost at an 80, so I'll be able to make them soon, but jeesh!  

• 7 posts
    March 31, 2013 10:30 PM EDT

Fetch quests. Especially when they keep sending me to the same bandit den. I've cleaned out Swindler's Den dozens of times, sometimes having to run to the same chest twice in a row. If you're going to make such a big world so repetitive, you should at least bring back Levitation so we can float through the shortcuts.

• 59 posts
    April 1, 2013 5:35 AM EDT

I have to agree to the elemental masks, should be unarmored/cloth . Only thing missing now are heavy masks that boost mage armor...

(or some circlets with alike effects like "gauldurs" circlet, +25 effect or duration on all magic skills )

Second most frustrating thing would be unable to skip conversations as I must have restarted  +50 times now.

• Rae
    • 2 posts
    April 1, 2013 4:13 PM EDT

I have a few, actually!

1) Aerin. You know, Mjoll's partner in who attempts to keep the streets of Riften pure from crime? He drives me absolutely insane. I love Mjoll for her complex follower dialogue and invulnerability, but it is really necessary that Aerin has to follow her EVERYWHERE? Every time I start a new character and travel to Riften one of the first things I do is kill Aerin. 

2) Hair and fabric based clothing. Since I play on PS3, it is impossible for me to download any mods to improve the texture of fabric and hair. Bethesda has done such a wonderful job with textures in Skyrim, yet I believe hair and cloth based clothing items seriously lack the 'umph' that other items have. 

3) The fact that there are no eligible khajiit spouses without mods and that there are no bestial children to adopt.

• 28 posts
    April 2, 2013 6:49 AM EDT

Using up 20 lockpicks on a Master locked chest to find 3 gold and 2 lockpicks inside.

• April 4, 2013 12:06 PM EDT

I friggin hate the those stupid pauldrons on the daedric armour. The spikes are way too big, way too much. Those stupid massive spikes are the only reason I dont wear daedric armour. they're dumb. 

• 12 posts
    April 4, 2013 7:23 PM EDT

I think my biggest pet peeve about Skyrim is I feel to do the main questline I have to be a Nord warrior or mage. I can't be a death knight or an assassin or have much reign over my characters because it doesn't fit with being Dragonborn. In addition, being a werewolf or vampire doesn't make sense because I have the blood of a dragon, so being a dragon/human/wolf just doesnt make sense.....

• 41 posts
    April 6, 2013 11:17 AM EDT

One thing that really annoys me about the Elder Scrolls is the lack of thought or imagination concerning the armours. I find it hard to believe that all 3 elven races would be satisfied at wearing the same armour - surely the High, dark and Wood elves should have their own individual style and colour of armour?? Same goes for both Argonians and Khajiits - surely they deserve their own individual style and colour of armour?? Why lump all 10 races into the same armours?? 

It would also make sense for each race to have their own unique weapon - exclusive to their race only. Again I find it extremely hard to believe that all 10 races would share the exact same weapon types on offer. There just seems to be a lazy and lacklustre attitude from Bethesda in both these departments  

• April 6, 2013 12:03 PM EDT

They need a bigger variety of destruction spells not just fire, shock and ice maybe add more elements like water or earth or add more intresting spells such as gravity suspension or Teleport or somthing like that.

• 10 posts
    April 6, 2013 12:08 PM EDT

I hate having to restart the intro, and go through the cave, so now I pretty much ditch Hadvar/Rolaf or whatever his name is and book it to the exit. Also, I hate how I always feel the need to scavenge anything I find when I am level 1-5.

• 12 posts
    April 6, 2013 9:22 PM EDT

Those Skeever Creatures those things piss me off I wish skyrim didn't have them

I don't like the fact that you have to be a certain level to do the daderic quests

.I hate those spiders in that game as soon as they attack you.you already get poisoned and you have don't have a potion with you then you are screwed

when you turn into a vampire and the sun takes away your health .I wish you could have a power that would not make the sun damage you instead of using a bow and arrow to only block out the sun for a couple of minutes

• 89 posts
    April 6, 2013 11:36 PM EDT
    I kinda hate it that you can't make a chubby character and that their are no overweight characters in the game. I mean wtf no one in this world is even a tad overweight! Everyone looks like they do yoga or they have a good routine. What's wrong with being a chubby dragonborn, that would be awesome, and at times hilarious.
    • 291 posts
    April 6, 2013 11:41 PM EDT

You remember that Game Jam that was done after Skyrim came out?  There was a fat giant in there.  There's nothing saying that that might not be someday implemented, lol.  Though, I think it was more to prove a point that they could make "jiggly" body mass as well as reactive tree branches.

• 89 posts
    April 6, 2013 11:53 PM EDT
    I must have missed it, but if it can be done, then why didn't it? The game is pretty deep already but that little detail could have made it so much more. Fat characters would pwn!
    • 291 posts
    April 6, 2013 11:58 PM EDT

Indeed!  I just watched it again.  I'm amazed at how much has been added already.  Still waiting on my giant mudcrab of doom, though.

I think I'd have to make an assassin for once just to watch the physics on the bodies of fat rich people. ;)  Of course, the assassin themselves would also be as big as you could make someone.

• 291 posts
    April 6, 2013 11:59 PM EDT

Probably because, while it worked, it would be taxing on systems to implement in a Skyrim-wide fashion.  Also probably because it wasn't optimized and was likely very buggy.  Physics and animation related things seem to take a long time to hammer out and get right.

• 291 posts
    April 7, 2013 12:07 AM EDT

Hmm.  Could be a "test" to see how well it performed?

• 89 posts
    April 7, 2013 12:09 AM EDT
    I know its nit picking cuz in my opinion the game is pretty awesome for ps3 standards, I love my ps3 but it seems skyrim is kinda pushing it to the limit. Fat character builds would be crazy though, imagine a fat thief, fat assassin, fat anything...add the roleplay and any build is epic.
    • 708 posts
    April 7, 2013 12:10 AM EDT

In D&D it's a common concept that magical fire doesn't burn objects unless otherwise stated.

I'd imagine if magical fire did burn things it would turn into a bit of a mess at times...