Forums » Elder Scrolls

My upcoming Dragonborn Let's Play

• 708 posts
    December 11, 2012 8:39 PM EST

I'd like your opinions on this guys! Since I'm sure many people don't have Youtube accounts you can comment here...

• 708 posts
    December 12, 2012 4:42 PM EST

I search for replies.

You find all 0 replies.

• 1913 posts
    December 12, 2012 4:45 PM EST
    Sorry man, but I don't want to see someone else enjoy a dlc that I don't have. That's why i never watched somebody's dawnguard let's play until I beat it. I watch it after I beat it myself, and since I probably won't get it until next Saturday or Christmas, it will probably be awhile
  • December 12, 2012 4:47 PM EST

Lol sorry Ponts, been busy. There are some really good two handed weapons, so the Nord you're using or the Mabrigash would work (I saw someone on Youtube recommend this). My vote is for either of the builds you mentioned in the video (don't worry there are some good light sets as well, if you want to run light on the spellsword).

• 133 posts
    December 12, 2012 4:55 PM EST

Some pretty good two handed and light armors in this DLC. I think your Nord idea sounds great and a Nord would seem fit for this. I would like to see you somehow throw that new cloak spell in there, I find it rather amusing to fling enemies away 

• 271 posts
    December 12, 2012 5:05 PM EST
    Ben, Have you seen the the temple robes on the priests in Raven rock? AWESOME robes! Also the telvani robes...
  • December 12, 2012 5:16 PM EST
    You could find a lot of heavy armors in Dragonborn but bonemold actually sucks except on visuals and all other armors can fit any (except Nordic Carved with look better on a human more tho) I have no favorite class for you to play,(you can get there without the quest too) anyways luck with this and I hope to hear/watch/experience more thru your vids!
  • December 12, 2012 5:19 PM EST
    This was the only video I didn't watch(until now) of yours since it didn't say "Character Build" in it haha
    • 708 posts
    December 12, 2012 5:21 PM EST

I've been hearing alot of that there's good 2-handers in the DLC. I'm thinking I'll probably go with the Nord idea and drop Archery/Sneak for Destruction/Restoration. A bit like my Mabrigash I guess.

Quick question, are the new light armors better than dragonscale, and what side of the Smithing tree would I need to go?

• 271 posts
    December 12, 2012 5:23 PM EST
    Stalhrim is in the ebony section. All the other armors is the left path of the tree... I think.
    • 180 posts
    December 12, 2012 5:25 PM EST

Let's just say the smithing tree is kind of messed up now.

• 271 posts
    December 12, 2012 5:31 PM EST
    Sorry if I spoiled something when I said "Stalhrim".

;)
    • 952 posts
    December 12, 2012 5:34 PM EST

Well, bonemold was just some low-medium end armor in Morrowind and it's still the same material so it would have been weird if it suddenly got extremely powerfull.

• December 12, 2012 6:01 PM EST
    But it got an upgraded version
    • 708 posts
    December 12, 2012 6:03 PM EST

Stahlrim was in the trailer so I was kinda expecting it. Thanks Gustaf!

@Ben to be honest I don't really mind Steel Plate being on the light side, since if you're only going up to Steel Plate you get Elven along the way. You've got an armor set of pretty much equivalent quality to the same number of perks spent on the other side (up to orcish) and your weapons are a tier better.

• December 12, 2012 6:07 PM EST
    You heard about Chitin Armor? *SPOILER* Comes in both heavy and light so you get some more armors and you just spend 3 smithing perks and useful if your follower uses different armor than yours
    • 708 posts
    December 12, 2012 6:31 PM EST

Alright so judging by what I've gotten here and on youtube, I'm looking at something like this:

http://skyrimcalculator.com/#223497

Just go with skyforge/stormcloak officer gear until I get ebony smithing and find some stahlrim gear, I can always just use smithing potions if I want.

Like I said in the video I'll give some purchased resto potions a go for the whole shout cooldowns thing.

• December 12, 2012 6:36 PM EST
    Actually you have Heavy Chitin AND the Chitin armors when you take eleven smithing witch adds a heavy armor to the light armor smithing so it's not a waste and then you get on advanced armors your steel plate and Carved Nordic so you still have heavy armors that way

So in my opinion you can have a variety there also strahim comes in light and heavy as well so you can share that armor with companions
  • December 12, 2012 6:43 PM EST
    What do you mean level light armor to 50?
    • 23 posts
    December 12, 2012 6:51 PM EST

Hmm, my internet gets reconnected on the 19th hopefully (just moved house), so I will not be able to watch your lets play untill then (or indeed download dragonborn for myself).

But I will commit to watching this and giving you some feedback when I can view it, I love lets plays :)

• 23 posts
    December 12, 2012 6:53 PM EST

All armor can be brought up to the armor cap easily with smithing... even basic armor like iron. so really armor is all about asthetics, assuming smithing is taken.

• 291 posts
    December 12, 2012 7:01 PM EST

Ben is this new in Dragonborn or something?  Because that sure ain't in Vanilla.

All I can think is maybe there's a mistake here and you mean wasting a perk in Elven Smithing to get Advanced Armors.  I'm having a hard time conceiving of any reason why armor skills and smithing would suddenly be linked together, but who knows with kooky sleep-deprived game developers.

• 708 posts
    December 12, 2012 7:46 PM EST

As in 19th of December or January? As I said in the video it's only being released next year for PC...

• 708 posts
    December 12, 2012 7:47 PM EST

I dunno, I'm a fan of lightning magic. It needs a bit more perk investment but very very few enemies have shock resistance - plus it's easier to hit moving targets. The slightly larger magicka cost isn't really an issue imo.

• 23 posts
    December 12, 2012 7:49 PM EST

Oh, December. I did not read through the entire thing, for fear of dragonborn spoilers :) And did not know you where pc exclusive.