Forums » Elder Scrolls

My upcoming Dragonborn Let's Play

• December 16, 2012 7:02 PM EST

A healing potion you BUY Not a self-made one

• 708 posts
    December 22, 2012 3:29 AM EST

Well, got my character to level 38 and he seems pretty ready for Dragonborn. It better be as hard as you guys are saying because I'm tearing through vanilla/Dawnguard on Master with no issues.

I'm thinking I'd make a mini 'video build' given I'm too lazy to write up the whole thing (and it doesn't meet my "uniqueness standards" anyway)! Thoughts?

• 271 posts
    December 22, 2012 3:54 AM EST
    Ponty, It IS hard! Prepare yourself for a real adventure and some close-to-death-moments! :P
    I remember That the First time I got to Solstheim, I took a misc quest. I thought it would like a "warm-up".

I was wrong.

I played your Paladin build, on master. After a while, I took it down to adept... And still having problems! I almost died... At ADEPT! :P
    • 708 posts
    December 22, 2012 4:07 AM EST

Haha, I'll probably start out on Expert, change it from there if I need to. Keeping in mind I have 60% shout cooldown and disintegrate any enemy that gets below 15% health I'll take my chances

• December 22, 2012 6:16 AM EST
    I almost soiled myself when I went in there and I was "prepared" but since DB I think the difficulty setting got harder(?) I was playing on expert and although I lowered it to adept I got 1 hit KO by a lowly Bandit Chief and he was weakly geared!!!
  • December 22, 2012 6:20 AM EST
    Now the armor cap seems useless too :( my lvl 70 still gets near-death fights with almost anyone and he should kill them with his 700+ damage greatsword and still...
    • 708 posts
    December 22, 2012 8:12 AM EST

They probably just fixed level scaling - pretty much everything minus falmer, vampires and dragons doesn't scale past 30-35

• 253 posts
    December 22, 2012 8:54 AM EST

I will probably be getting Dawnguard and Dragonborn sometime after the 27th (that's when my Microsoft account fixes itself)... I am really looking forwards to it. From what I have seen from the comments, it seems as if Dragonborn is like being thrown in a pit of angry poisonous snakes with only a spork .

So if I get Dragonborn before you I will be sure to tell you anything!

• December 22, 2012 9:19 AM EST
    I don't recommend going before lvl 30 or without a solid build cuz if you're just "visiting" you could end up limping your way back to Skyrim. Hehe but it's fun as hell/oblivion!!!
    • 253 posts
    December 22, 2012 11:02 AM EST

That sounds like my kind of fun....

• 708 posts
    December 22, 2012 6:21 PM EST

Either way, it's a welcome change - the game usually turns into easymode after level 20-30 (depending on the build), even on Master

• December 22, 2012 11:16 PM EST
    It's great news but bad if your play testing characters to see if they could be viable, but now you have the anti broken game it was supposed to be
    • 708 posts
    December 22, 2012 11:25 PM EST

If things are really that bad I'm only a couple of levels away from Extra Effect

• December 22, 2012 11:35 PM EST
    Don't worry Ponts you can get used to it just don't use exploits to lvl so you can be parallel with enemies or just max out everything hehe anyone checked if the any glitch/exploits have been fixed/eliminated?
    • 708 posts
    December 25, 2012 6:36 AM EST

Finished off a couple of sidequests, all set to launch into an assassination attempt! Here's a screenshot of our daring Dragonborn hero, Kraegor:

• 708 posts
    December 25, 2012 7:34 AM EST

If you're referring to Dragonborn it isn't out on PC...

If you're referring to master in vanilla/Dawnguard it's practically easymode now. Tried giving Harkon the bow, fight was still super easy.

• December 25, 2012 9:49 AM EST
    What boots are you using? Cuz I found out that Stormcloak Officer Boots are marked as light but are affected by heavy armor skill and perks
    • 708 posts
    December 25, 2012 4:01 PM EST

I'll have to look at that. I'm using the unofficial patch so they might've fixed that.

• December 25, 2012 9:13 PM EST
    At least on Xbox still not fixed
    • 78 posts
    December 27, 2012 7:33 PM EST

Mmmmm Kraegor looks meaty!    I was afraid to watch the video because I am playing the dlc now. Does it give anything away?  So far the  apocrypha is amazing!  

• 229 posts
    December 27, 2012 7:55 PM EST

Hey Ponty, I've done the DLC and done pretty much all the quests and done most of the DLC secrets, (Since Christmas I have some new games and haven't bothered to finish the last few things I have to do.) so if you want I can message you some interesting things in the DLC if you don't already know about them. Also Ponty, there are companions in the DLC that you can bring back to Skyrim as well two very interesting companions that I think you'd like and might give you ideas for new builds that involve them. For DLC armor, there are two heavy armor sets as well as two sets (Stalhrim and Chitin) that have a light and heavy version. There are no light armor only sets (Unless they are a unique set which are DLC exclusive but don't have other pairs or are unique versions of DLC armor.) There are four shouts added which I'm sure you'll enjoy as well as several new spells. The DLC might give you some ideas for new classes too but anyway, I hope you enjoy the DLC.

• 708 posts
    December 28, 2012 12:34 AM EST

Nah, the video is just me talking over the trailer on loop 

• 271 posts
    December 28, 2012 2:57 AM EST
    *Facepalm*
    • 708 posts
    January 14, 2013 7:30 PM EST

So here's hoping that Beth will get their sh*t sorted given it's been almost 2 weeks and a month since the 360 release - what length of episodes do you guys think is best? In my Dawnguard one it was anywhere between 10 and 30 minutes depending on where a good point to finish was...

• 1913 posts
    January 14, 2013 7:33 PM EST
    15-30 is fine