Forums » Elder Scrolls

How could The empire beat the dominion without skyrim and hammer

• 360 posts
    January 31, 2014 12:07 AM EST

I'm lucky to count people like you on the side of the empire, I'm too lazy to carry on posting these long ass comments when I could be playing fire emblem

• 966 posts
    January 31, 2014 12:09 AM EST

And yes, ofcourse the AD was more prepared, it was the agressor. It's like creating Francia in Crusader Kings 2, then attack a weakened Holy Roman Empire during civil strife and then bragging about it. *sorry for that, I played way too much CK2, still you'll get the point if you know some history*

• January 31, 2014 12:09 AM EST

The Altmer were beat like a rented redheaded step child during the oblivion crisis. They were basically crapped on. 

I only saw this point, which has just been countered. Where's the other one?

Hey man, I think bigfoot is real, but I know I need to dump a body in front of a veterinarian for it to be proven real. 

Dump a body in front of me, guy.

• 966 posts
    January 31, 2014 12:12 AM EST

Yeah, the Altmer lost their Crystal Tower. They defended their Homeland so well.. Cyrodiil only lost a single city, wich could be rebuild quite quickly.

• 966 posts
    January 31, 2014 12:14 AM EST

In the eyes of the populace, there's a huge difference in first fighting for you believe in, and just giving in right away. There would've been civil war even in Cyrodiil otherwise.

Everyone asked for sources for your claim that AD battlemages are more powerful than a Legion. Yet you avoided that every single time, having doubts?

• 966 posts
    January 31, 2014 12:15 AM EST

I don't have too much time either, 6 am here, just getting ready for the daily grind..

• January 31, 2014 12:16 AM EST

You've told me nothing. Where is it stated that a small group of aldmeri battlemages can take out a legion?

• 360 posts
    January 31, 2014 12:18 AM EST

Too bad, I'm going to lose one of my attack dogs, or dragon in your case, it's nice to see the Aldmer guy cornered

• 966 posts
    January 31, 2014 12:19 AM EST

I'm guessing he's embelishing their actual strength, and has no idea how strong a legion is and how stupid his claim is.

• January 31, 2014 12:21 AM EST

Nothing against the guy, though. Just his position and argument.

• 966 posts
    January 31, 2014 12:21 AM EST

Why are you comparing the great war to a Daedric invasion? I guess you're out of real arguments, especially considering there's like 150 years between those events.

• 360 posts
    January 31, 2014 12:22 AM EST

Honestly, the legions are described as being the most efficient at what they do, the most disciplined and the best. I know for a fact that they are trained for every single situation and work together as a unit to defeat anything. Maybe a single Altmer soldier is better than a single legionnaire, but when they are working together, well shit, they can kill just about anything

• 966 posts
    January 31, 2014 12:22 AM EST

Oh aye, it's nothing personal.

• 360 posts
    January 31, 2014 12:23 AM EST

I know, just joking :P

• January 31, 2014 12:23 AM EST

I want specs on a Aldmeri battlemage corps and how they compare to a legion, not a history lesson, Mora. So please, if you will...

• 966 posts
    January 31, 2014 12:24 AM EST

Aye, and THAT is proven time and time agian. Legions also include battlemages, healers, sorcerers, archers, etc. Everything is included, it's not just a Roman Legion from Caesar's time, it's even better.

• 360 posts
    January 31, 2014 12:25 AM EST

Exactly, they are prepared for ANYTHING...

aside from a direct invasion of black marsh, but then again who the hell is?

• 966 posts
    January 31, 2014 12:27 AM EST

Those weren't sources to show the prowess of the Battlemages. I want actual evidence of a full strength, prepared legion being beaten by just battlemages, as you claim they could.

In the Great war the legions were spread out, unprepared, probably underfunded as well. The Altmer at the time had been preparing for war for well over 100 years.

• January 31, 2014 12:27 AM EST

Stale mate in there skyrim civil war though... So the cloaks are just as good as the legion

• 966 posts
    January 31, 2014 12:28 AM EST

To refute your claim of the Altmer doing so well during the invasion. They lost something more important to them than even the Imperial City is to the Empire.

• 966 posts
    January 31, 2014 12:30 AM EST

No, you're fighting a weakened legion forced to recruit locally. Besides that, you're not being invaded, they didn't march in there with their usual tactics.

• 360 posts
    January 31, 2014 12:30 AM EST

Well here is where the local comes in play, the imperial legion is weakened, plus half of the cloaks were old legionnaires, they brought in those tactics man, I'm not undermining the cloaks, but I'm saying that they learned from the legion is all

• January 31, 2014 12:32 AM EST

No. They are not specific. They are an overview, not a side by side comparison. 

I want numbers, skill of the soldiers, their commanders, etc

• 360 posts
    January 31, 2014 12:32 AM EST

No, the legions were unprepared and disorganized, plus the invasion force had surprise and shit on their side, so NO

• 966 posts
    January 31, 2014 12:32 AM EST

I can agree the Empire would lose if the Empire declared war and tried to invade Alinor, I assume they won't.

The Aldmeri Dominion can't attack again, they've lost too much, and the Elves can't get their manpower pool back up to decent levels nearly as quickly as the Humans can.