Forums » Elder Scrolls

Dragonborn becoming mute?

• June 25, 2013 7:56 PM EDT

I think the volume is inherent in the power of the word, because of all that power is inherent in the word, the volume just kinda happens 

• June 25, 2013 7:58 PM EDT

I replied to your point...silly. 

• 81 posts
    June 25, 2013 8:00 PM EDT
    The greybeards are extremely powerful though so for them whispering the words might set people on fire and yelling them blow up the universe.
    Plus they're so old and deaf that they can't tell when they're whispering so they just stay quiet :-P
    • 81 posts
    June 25, 2013 8:03 PM EDT
    We've already seem how powerful the greybeards are. They can create a spirit version of themselves by muttering a few words (I might be remembering this incorrectly given that I've only done that quest 2 or 3 times). Imagine if they shouted them.
    • 1913 posts
    June 25, 2013 8:04 PM EDT
    its still shouting, and like shor said, regular shouting can damage your throat... imagine have fire and then ice coming out of your throat on an almost daily basis... that would wreck your vocal cords
    • 1913 posts
    June 25, 2013 8:08 PM EDT
    You liar! Your comment has no legs, it can't stand!
    • 33 posts
    June 25, 2013 8:09 PM EDT

Mexican soccer anouncers can

• 1913 posts
    June 25, 2013 8:10 PM EDT
    well i'm talking about if that was reality. i only used the cooldown meter to show the dragonborn does feel winded by shouting
  • June 25, 2013 8:10 PM EDT

...touche. 

• 81 posts
    June 25, 2013 8:11 PM EDT
    Maybe the greybeards are basically mute from shouting too much but they're too embarrassed to say that so they're like "Yeah, we're so powerful If we speak the worlds f****d so we stay quiet for the good of humanity" :-P
    • 147 posts
    June 25, 2013 8:22 PM EDT

it would not make sense for him to become mute, the gods would not allow it.

• 147 posts
    June 25, 2013 8:22 PM EDT

Akatosh would never give the dragonborn this gift knowing he could go mute. Thats something a daedra would do.

• 1913 posts
    June 25, 2013 8:26 PM EDT
    and yet they would allow the champion from oblivion become a daedric prince even after working with Akatosh? the gods would allow the nords to almost destroy the snow elves? the gods would alow my characters soul to be trapped with hircine as a werewolf or nocturnal as a nightingale?

the gods sound like assholes who dont really care...
  • June 25, 2013 8:27 PM EDT

Akatosh is sending the dragonborn to clean up his mess...why not just make the DB a dragon? HMM? solve that problem, but nope gonna make him a weak mortal. 

• 147 posts
    June 25, 2013 8:30 PM EDT

Akatosh wouldn't make the dragonborn a dragon for alot of reasons. first alot of people wouldn't trust him (blades) how would he interact with people and in game that just wouldn't make sense.

• 81 posts
    June 25, 2013 8:31 PM EDT
    He's got a point. The gods don't actually do anything when you think about it.
    • 147 posts
    June 25, 2013 8:32 PM EDT

Thats completely different, the gods don't exactly have power of the daedra, if they did things would be alot different. Also gods wouldn't interfere in mortal affairs, like wars and such. But you see how draugr are an example of "how the gods care"

• June 25, 2013 8:32 PM EDT

they lost a lot of power making the world.  they got to pick and choose what they do. 

becoming a werewolf or a nightinggale is a choice...

• 1913 posts
    June 25, 2013 8:36 PM EDT
    you seem to think just because they are not daedra, they arent cruel... gods no matter how nice they seem will always view something differently than us. want an example? i'll give you a real life example, how about when in the bible it says that if your son was to talk back at you even once you were to have every man in the village/city stone him?

you want proof that the divines are dicks? they refused to aknowledge as a divine or not, that could have prevented talos from being banned as a god and people wouldnt have been tortured or killed for it... and dont say they cant entervine. making the player a dragonborn? intervining... having Martin turn into Akatosh? intervining.... teaching humans how to shout so they could rebel against the dragons? INTERVINING
    • 1913 posts
    June 25, 2013 8:40 PM EDT
    not if you were somebody bitten from one and forcibly got infected... that does happen. there's a quest for a skaal member to find his brother and that is what happened to him...
  • June 25, 2013 8:41 PM EDT

This is debate that goes in the religion discussion. 

• 1913 posts
    June 25, 2013 8:42 PM EDT
    *refuse to aknowledge TALOS...
    im a moron
    • 147 posts
    June 25, 2013 8:42 PM EDT

Forcibly being bitten by what? What are you talking about? Also what do you mean by "that does happen". what does that have to do with the conversation at hand?

• 1913 posts
    June 25, 2013 8:43 PM EDT
    i was trying to reply to Shor
  • June 25, 2013 8:44 PM EDT

talos isn't an aedra. 

Artificial god, yo. 

go to the religion discussion