Forums » Elder Scrolls

If you could make your own spells in Skyrim, or craft them, what

• 158 posts
    January 23, 2014 6:08 PM EST
    ^I agree with Zachery about summoning options. There are some great mods out there that add different animal summons, hagravens, draugr, etc. I'd love to see variety in druid-style animal summons.
    • 14 posts
    January 23, 2014 7:49 PM EST
    Yea! A bear or something of the sort would be epic. Unfortunately, my PS3 and I must live a life without mods.
    • 158 posts
    January 23, 2014 9:17 PM EST
    no, totally, that's why they should just add these things into the vanilla game instead.
    • 34 posts
    January 24, 2014 1:03 AM EST

A teleportation spell, just like the Blink power from Dishonored. (Yes, I am aware of the mods, but they won't work on PS3 :( )

• 1467 posts
    January 24, 2014 2:10 AM EST
    Most spells from Oblivion/Morrowind including
    Mark/Recall
    Drain Skill
    More bound weapon options
    Bound Armour
    Levitate
    Burden/Feather
    Charmeleon(even if it's OP)
    Reflect Spells and Reflect Damage
    • 7 posts
    October 14, 2014 8:57 AM EDT

The reason i prefered oblivion's spells was because of all the of the different ways of manipulating stats! It was truelly complex to find the best spell combo's and it'd feel very satisfying when you would have found a new combo, just the idea of casting fortify magicka, fortify intelligence and taking a few potions and then being able to cast a very strong 1 second drain health spell to do LOADS of damage was fun, it felt like there were much more choices to be made, and you would really think every situatio through as some ways were efficient, and some were not at all. In skyrim it feels a bit less strategical, you can still make it very much so strategical, but in oblivion the possibillities in spell combo's seemed endless!

• 585 posts
    October 14, 2014 10:35 AM EDT
    Ether Waterwalking, Alteration, or race specific spells, e.g. Altmer being able to boost Magicka with Stamina etc. Kind of like daily powers, but weaker and can be used regulary.
    • 7 posts
    October 14, 2014 2:52 PM EDT

chameleon capped at 50% wouldn't be too overpowered i guess, but the way it used to be... lol yeah overpowered is putting it lightly

• 7 posts
    October 14, 2014 2:57 PM EDT

Well, you could substitute it with whirlwind sprint, i'm not sure, but i think it has a short cooldown so it shouldn't be a waste of... shout.. points?
    Though i agree i would have liked to see it being part of alteration, it fits with illusion spells but it's hard to interpret as an actual illusion as opposed to mind-control and invisibility/muffle.

• 1467 posts
    October 14, 2014 4:28 PM EDT
    True and yet at the same leaving it at 50% might be to underpowered, sadly I think Charmeleon was a go full of go home sort of spell and I'd like to see them try and redo it with a major weakness, maybe it slows you down or makes you heavier.
    • 10 posts
    October 15, 2014 3:56 PM EDT

Variations for every magic effect in the game. For example, chaos damage spells. Or a spell called "Inferno" that works like Blizzard but deals fire damage.

• October 15, 2014 6:47 PM EDT

Shadow of Oblivion, a spell that makes the whole skyrim world negative colored and everyone around you dies off. But before they die, they scream very loudly. Even the children die. Their guts spill out of their stomachs and strange shadowy beings walk around skyrim as well. You can only see these things out of the corner of your eye. Some of the dead characters come back to life and run at you without any weapons very fast with a maniacal smile on their faces. their eyes pop out their sockets as well. Best spell ever in the game.

• 122 posts
    October 16, 2014 6:13 AM EDT

• 130 posts
    October 16, 2014 6:26 AM EDT

Yeah, sure...pleasedon'tkillme.

• 56 posts
    October 16, 2014 10:28 AM EDT
    The only thing better than Dragon Aspect - Dragon Form! What could be more epic than battling dragons on their own turf?
    • 1217 posts
    October 16, 2014 10:41 AM EDT
    Teleportation. Then I could make a Borommakot build.
    • 856 posts
    October 16, 2014 11:38 AM EDT

I would want some miscellaneous spells.

Examples: Something that changed the color / appearance of my cloths, armor, etc. A spell that reduced the size/weight of what I'm carrying. Something that makes me run faster (not as fast as Whirlwind sprint, but much longer duration). Spells that open locks. Spells that raise my attributes. Scrying spells that let me look into areas I've yet to explore or to locate traps (I've never had much trouble with traps, but still). A spell that altered my appearance so I am not recognized - 'Wait I know you" - Morph Self - "No you don't." Spells that conjure simple everyday items - a book, a chair, a tent, mead, whatever. Spells that carries my items, or open doors for me, or picks flowers for me, etc.

Nothing powerful or OP, just some miscellaneous spells so I feel more like a wizard.

• October 16, 2014 12:57 PM EDT

I was thinking of creepypastas when I wrote this.

• 856 posts
    October 16, 2014 12:59 PM EDT

Best reply ever, Rocktime. 

• October 16, 2014 1:03 PM EDT

That picture reminds me of this

• 41 posts
    October 16, 2014 1:42 PM EDT

I'd like to have a fear cloak spell expert level maybe, good for vampires or orc beserkers

• 127 posts
    October 18, 2014 4:36 PM EDT

This.  Absolutely this.  Along with Absorb Health/Magicka/Stamina cloaks.  Not enough cloaks in the game.

• 41 posts
    October 18, 2014 4:44 PM EDT

Yeah I know what you mean, Joshua, but wouldn't absorb cloaks be a just a touch op ?

• 8 posts
    October 19, 2014 4:40 AM EDT

I'd like a spell that'd allow you to temporarily imbue your weapon with destruction magic, with its magnitude being scaled off your destruction stat. Unenchanted weapons, of course...but it'd allow the weapon to be more versatile when battling all sorts of enemies. And it could even be used with elemental fury (maybe)!

That aside, I'd love more runes. Ones with fun little effects like reducing armor, calming enemies, absorbing health, or imprisoning (not paralyzing) enemies in a small space....Ooh, and maybe even support runes like ones that heal you or cast a flesh spell on you once if you walk over it, so that you don't need to manually recast those in battle! 

• 35 posts
    October 20, 2014 6:39 AM EDT
    Summon Fox. Or Flaming Fox. Something that summons a fox. Or an army of Foxes.