Forums » Elder Scrolls

If you could make your own spells in Skyrim, or craft them, what

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    October 20, 2014 10:11 AM EDT

I think cloak spells place that elemental enchantment on unenchanted weapons.

• 66 posts
    October 23, 2014 3:08 AM EDT

I would like to re-introduce the Morrowind spellcrafting and have the attributes max/min (target, touch, self, channel; fire, ice, light; aoe, duration, magnitude, cast time; etc.) level based on use.

Instead of reading books to learn spells, attributes would be unlocked by books, trainers, or reaching certain levels (self taught), then the spells can be custom made.maybe have "recipes" for good spell settings laying around like they already do for potions.

• October 23, 2014 5:56 AM EDT

"Blink". You teleport a short distance and appear on the target location. Useful for getting out of scraps.

"Pain". Enemies take damage over time and may get paralyzed.

"Dance". Do I even need to say what it does?

• 16 posts
    October 23, 2014 6:08 AM EDT
    I have a couple that coud be awesome.

Root - a spell that imobelizes an enemies movement but not their ability to attack and cast spells. This could also be awesome as a rune spell.

Exhaust - a spell that heavily reduces enemy movement over time.

Rush - a spell that speeds up your own movement for a fixed amount of time.

I tend to like spells that buff you rather than spells that simply have a limited effect.
    • 4 posts
    October 23, 2014 8:55 AM EDT

It's not necessarily a spell, but I wish that you could use the phantom decoy Shout the Greybeards use to test your Thu'um. It would be quiet, like Aura Whisper, and function like an attention decoy. Your enemies would attack it, but it would not attack back, allowing you to slip by, etc. Perfect for some builds, like David Okine's Wraith Ranger.

• 41 posts
    October 23, 2014 9:18 AM EDT

That, Lucky, is a brilliant idea, kudos for pointing that out 

• 4 posts
    October 23, 2014 9:37 PM EDT

I always wanted a Shout that took a more active stealth or even combat usage besides Throw Voice or Aura Whisper. And they already had the Words in game, so I figured, why couldn't we use it?

• 168 posts
    October 23, 2014 9:37 PM EDT

1) A spell to summon a Daedric prince to fight by your side once you become his/her champion.

2) Augment your gauntlets with elemental magic to deliver elemental punches.

3) A spell to send Nazeem directly to the Cloud District. Everytime I speak to any NPC on Whiterun, he simply stands between me and the NPC and speaks his signature quote.

• 41 posts
    October 23, 2014 10:14 PM EDT

Have you looked on the Skyrim wiki to see whether you can get it through console commands ?

• 4 posts
    October 23, 2014 10:53 PM EDT

I suppose I could, but it wouldn't do me any good. I'm a console gamer, through and through.

• 41 posts
    October 23, 2014 10:56 PM EDT

Yeah, I am too, PS3 only for me, unfortunately