Forums » Elder Scrolls

If you could make your own spells in Skyrim, or craft them, what

• 9 posts
    April 6, 2013 7:35 PM EDT

Lol, maybe ice platform could have its own enchant, enchant your boots with it and walk on water all the time

• 159 posts
    April 6, 2013 9:43 PM EDT

Hmm bound dadaric armor spell over my mage robes would be great!

• 661 posts
    April 6, 2013 9:54 PM EDT

Why not swim? Thats why Underwater Breathing is in game.

• 7 posts
    May 24, 2013 1:20 AM EDT
    Defensive Barrier: A spell mostly based on kinetic force, kinda like Fus Ro. Wouldn't cost too much, maybe 50-60 magicka each. Staggers and rarely throws enemies a few feet, can also block damage. It looks like a ward when you cast it, but you can 'bash' with it and ends up resembling the Unrelenting Force shout. Its basically a mages equivalent of a shield. I've always wanted it to be a mod but haven't checked if someone had the same kinda thought as me.
  • May 25, 2013 5:57 PM EDT

More transformation powers! Here are a few i thought of:

Troll Form: Take on the form of a troll.

Flame Form: Take on the form of a flame atronach.

Frost Form: Take on the form of a frost atronach.

Storm Form: Take on the form of a storm atronach.

Oblivion Form: Take on the form of a Dremora Lord.

Dragon Priest Form: Take on the form of a dragon priest.

Dragon Form: Take on the form of a dragon.

Great Dragon Form: Take on form of the great dragon Akatosh.

And some Dwemer summoning spells:

Summon Dwemer Spider. (Apprentice spell.)

Summon Dwemer Sphere. (Adept spell.)

Summon Dwemer Centurion. (Expert spell.)

Summon Dwemer Centurion Guardian. (Master spell.)

• May 25, 2013 6:17 PM EDT

word

• 38 posts
    May 30, 2013 7:02 PM EDT

As a person who draws and writes this crap down all the time, I can add a few.

-Fire/Ice/Shock conduction. For 30 seconds makes your weapons have fire/ice/shock enchant. Apprentice Level Alteration Spell

-Agony. Target takes 5 points of damage every second, doubles every 5 seconds. Also lowers targets health by 10 every 10 seconds. Master Level Destruction Spell.

-Mind Over Matter-Every hit from the target heals you 20 points of health. Lasts for 30 seconds. Master Level Restoration Spell

-Levitate- Allows you to fly upwards breifley. Expert Level Alteration Spell

-Bound Bow Squad- Summons a squad of bound bow using skeltons. Lasts for 15 seconds. Expert Level Conjuration Spell

-Soul Devour- Tears the whole  life force from the targets. Fills 2 soul gems. Gives you stats of the target, Mana/Health/Stamina, on top of yours. Lasts for 15 seconds. Master Level Conjuration Spell.

-Crow Call. Summons crows to peck and eat at your target for 30 seconds. Adept Level Destruction Spell

-Images Of Death-AoE spell- Forces the afflicted target(s) to think they're dead. Once they discover they're not, they go mad, and leave combat for 120 seconds, while also halving all their stats. Master Level Illusion spell

Thats all for now folks!

• 24 posts
    May 30, 2013 8:27 PM EDT
    I wish each race had unique familiar spell.
    Redguard scorpion poison damage
    Nord wolf ice damage
    Bosmer vines that trap
    Dunmer Phoenix fire damage
    Argonian spitting cobra blindness
    Orc bear higher damage more durable than other familiars
    Breton bat absorb magic
    Altmer owl silence enemy unable to cast or shout
    Khajiit bobcat weakness to unarmed
    • 168 posts
    May 30, 2013 8:39 PM EDT

This would make me play as an Altmer WAY more than usual.

• 24 posts
    May 30, 2013 9:25 PM EDT
    I'm thinking the bear could have armor crunch.
    • 33 posts
    May 31, 2013 1:47 AM EDT

absorb magika

• 485 posts
    June 2, 2013 2:35 PM EDT
    Itd be cool to have a conjuration spell that summons a shadowy doppleganger of your character.
  • June 2, 2013 2:56 PM EDT

I want a spell that turns people into sweetrolls!

Or maybe cheese...

• 59 posts
    June 2, 2013 3:07 PM EDT

I want the teleport spell and conjurable crafting stations, oh and store room afc.  And just the spellcrafting in generall...

• 7 posts
    January 22, 2014 1:12 AM EST

try the wabbajack

• 158 posts
    January 22, 2014 1:24 AM EST

yeah, man.  playing clerics without touch spells?  stinks.

• 95 posts
    January 22, 2014 7:06 AM EST

I played a lot with Diablo 2 (bnet of course :P ), and I liked many spells that'd be good to have in Skyrim. 

Meteor, Blizzard (the diablo version), more necromancy, some projectile spell in the conjuration school would be great. I'd like to see some curses (like in D2). And there is something that pisses me off a bit: Why should separate spells be introduced to heal myself and heal others? And why you can cast flesh spells only on yourself and not on your summons, followers?

A new magic school would be nice too, some battle magic that adds to your damage for a certain duration or sthg.

• 11 posts
    January 22, 2014 4:24 PM EST

I'd settle for spell customization a la Oblivion.  Maybe not the truly gamebreaking stuff like combining weakness to fire with fire damage, but being able to boost the damage level (and corresponding mana cost) of "continuous blast" destruction spells to the point where they'd be useful later in the game would get me to play as a full mage more often.  I'm a big fan of the "spray and pray" style of spellcasting; if I want to snipe carefully, I'll play an archer so I can zoom.  And the casting times of late-game destruction spells are just silly.

• 89 posts
    January 22, 2014 9:12 PM EST

Not really a spell, but I wish Destruction spells that weren't the same spell but the same level could be dual cast to combine, example Firebolt and Ice Spike could be used simultaneously and still work for Impact.

Also, an Alteration force field type wall spell as a master spell, keeping everything at a distance fro you for a period of time.

• 89 posts
    January 22, 2014 9:18 PM EST

Summon Flaming Familiar basically works as a Conjuration projectile.

• 5 posts
    January 23, 2014 3:39 AM EST

FOR THE "Hunter" or Sneaky Type:

I would have to go with Summon Assassin:

It would Involve a Moderate Conjuration level BUT* the summoned would not cause any BOUNTY.

• 5 posts
    January 23, 2014 3:52 AM EST

I'd have to say "Summon Shadow Assassin" in which a shadowy figure of a Nightingale would perform only* assassinations/murders at night* and have the ability to use Shadow Warrior at its extreme,- meaning not just distant enemies would be forced to lose Detection,- but even the ones standing next to them. As a bonus*,- this summoned entity will not cause bounty*. The only drawback is that it would be one cast per day and you would also have to have the Perk.

• 5 posts
    January 23, 2014 5:51 AM EST

Since I am the HUNTER type Conjuration spell called "Huntsman's' Calling" which requires a perk split on a separate branch equal to the requirements of "Oblivion Binding" called "Binding Of The Wilds".

This consists of 5 Elite Hunters Of Skyrim followed by their Perma-Frenzied Beasts

*All are Level-Based.

*All use Bound Weapons gaining the 'Oblivion Binding' Perk.

*All have a Arcane Epic* Scaled Mail,- similar to regular Scaled Mail (Blue-Green Hue instead of Yellow,- like Glass Armor more blue) and is imbued with 100% Resistance to: disease, poisons, and life-draining spells/powers.

*All have the ability to "Summon Beast Of The Wilds" which will cause the more deadly animals to assist them: "Crazed" (permanent-until-death version of Courage ,- but in addition to one of either "Rage" or "Blood Lust")  Bear, Saber Tooth Cat, etc.

Blood Lust - triggers as enemies fall below to 50% of health. Once the enemy falls below the 50% threshold,- Beasts gain a 5% boost in damage and enter a "Feeding" state (Rejuvenation 5% per attack) - 10% total boost toward living.

If the enemy is not living,- say Undead, Construct, or Shadow,- the Beasts continue gaining Rage (instead of Feeding) 5% every second at a max of 100% more damage. The longer the fight,- the more Rage gained or maintained.

Once the "Pack" or (all the beasts) reach 70% of their max Rage/Blood Lust,- the hunters receive a 10% boost in damage called 'Kindred Inspiration",- whereas the elevated sounds of frenzy cause the hunters to gain in on some primal prowess with more accurately deadly shots from Bows or Critical Strikes with One Handed Weapons (so 5 Hunters gaining 10% each Boost on Bound Weapons collectively 50% Jump in damage..... you do the math).

As a bonus to the hunters gaining Kindred Inspiration,- you gain 10% damage boost to Bows --or-- Critical Strikes with one Handed Weapons

This Summon would be most helpful where there is a Deadly Boss or Moderately Dangerous Group of enemies (as the summoned beasts would not even reach the much needed boost in self-healing "Blood" Lust" --or-- Rage and lose the ability to cause massive damage, and* boosts their masters would have gained)

• January 23, 2014 3:30 PM EST

i would love to get to use wind spells :o i see some similarities of it in shouts but having a whole new branch of magic under wind would be great :)

• 14 posts
    January 23, 2014 5:24 PM EST
    I'd like more summoning options. For instance, I love the familiar, but it is named incorrectly and it loses usefulness, besides distraction purposes relatively quickly. (Before leaving Helgen) ;)