Forums » Elder Scrolls

What quest in Skyrim has annoyed you the most so far? (Spoilers,

• Ben
    • 21 posts
    July 2, 2014 1:32 PM EDT

You hate a mod but still use it.  I agree that the dialogue is a bit over-the-top, but at the same time it seems ludicrous how they react.  You are dragonborn.  You are Tamriel's ONLY hope.  And they want to squabble over some other dragon and let the world burn because they want justice for something that happened 10,000 years ago. 

• Ben
    • 21 posts
    July 2, 2014 1:37 PM EDT

More like you have to bring justice to the orphaned children of Riften.  And what is a knight/paladin of justice to do, when Riften is so corrupt that every facet, every guard, is on the take.  Is there anyone in that town that isn't corrupt and shouldn't be purged. 

• July 2, 2014 2:00 PM EDT

Don't they only make you kill P-dawg after the main quest is finished, i.e. after the save-the-world thing is done?

• July 2, 2014 2:02 PM EDT

Yeah...that part never sat right with me. My characters are rarely the "murder an old woman in cold blood because some kid thought I was an assassin" type. And that's the only way to get to the Destroy the Dark Brotherhood quest.

• 185 posts
    July 2, 2014 2:14 PM EDT
    I RP that my knight/paladin/etc was only there to teach her a lesson, so I unequip my weapon and punch her... It wasn't a murder attempt, he just punched her once, to show that there are people who care (as she didn't wanted to talk with me) the punch was just to say "You better treat those kids well, bitch" but accidentaly he broke her neck. After that I stole something to be throw on jail (Really, I broke her neck and nobody give a damn? No guards show up to try arrest me!) and when got out, he received the letter and then slashed those assassins to death.
    • 1595 posts
    July 2, 2014 2:15 PM EDT

I used to think like this. Then I realised my knight wouldn't be much of a hero if too afraid to make the tough choices. Even without meta-gaming and knowing that killing her is the path to destroying the DB, leaving her to continue abusing the kids isn't satisfactory.

• 585 posts
    July 2, 2014 3:00 PM EDT
    Any quest involving the Greybeards. Because I don't fast travel, I have to walk up that mountain EVERY TIME! It just takes so long and because of my RP, I have to drink all my mead :(
    • 7 posts
    July 2, 2014 3:05 PM EDT

To the DB initiation:
    Aretino tells you,that Grelod tortures the kids,and if you go into those rooms to investigate if he was right( good for Good aligned RP) you can definitely see,that there are handcuffs on the walls.It's that easy,she was a BAD person,,and if you are Good aligned,you want to kill her to save the children.

• 4 posts
    July 3, 2014 2:05 AM EDT

That and he pushes you around a lot. I usually kill him, but I decided to take pity on him and spare him this time around. :P

• Ben
    • 21 posts
    July 3, 2014 3:05 AM EDT

If you agree to slay him, I believe you can wait to do so.  I suppose you could RP the choice to lie to her.  But you shouldn't have to do that.  You should be able to put your foot down and say "I'm the dragonborn. FUS ROH DAH!!!!!" and she goes flying off the cliff.  Time to go recruit more blades.

• Ben
    • 21 posts
    July 3, 2014 3:07 AM EDT

So what is the knightly solution?  You will find no justice from Riften.  Most of those kids will die or commit suicide.  Do you drag her through the streets?  Do you whip her until she passes out?  Do you drug her and sell her into slavery?  Exactly what is the knightly solution to save those kids?

• Ben
    • 21 posts
    July 3, 2014 3:13 AM EDT

Being old and evil are not exclusive.  You can be both.  I keep seeing posts about not being able to kill an "old" lady.   Imagine a person, who gets off on beating and abusing small children, taking extreme satisfaction in the knowledge she is destroying their young lives.  Just thinking about it, makes me want to go back into the game and kill her, reload the game, kill her again, reload the game, etc etc.

• Ben
    • 21 posts
    July 3, 2014 3:14 AM EDT

Do you use sleep and eat mods too?  

• 1595 posts
    July 3, 2014 5:24 AM EDT

Blood on the Ice is probably the most irksome quest for, or maybe the Cidna Mine one. The first has too many potential missteps and with the second I find it hard to care.

• 1483 posts
    July 3, 2014 5:41 AM EDT
    Companions questline. Characters are bland and not interesting to me, their faction base is an inn, they constantly fight each other and everyone else and find it normal... The questline also always forces a follower on you and I don't like playing with followers.
    • 34 posts
    July 3, 2014 7:46 AM EDT

It's not a particular quest, but I hate how there are some quests where you can't say "no". I end up having 50 quests in my quest log that I have no intention of doing but I still get them because I talked to that one dude, and there was no option to just walk away. It automatically gets put into the quest log and then stays there. 

My asshole character just doesn't want to help people with their petty problems! My mighty Dragonborn character is too busy saving the world to deal with your rat problem! My mercenary character knows that you won't give her more that 50 gold for this task, so it's not worth it! Gods, people these days... ;)

• 249 posts
    July 3, 2014 11:05 AM EDT
    Hahaha Barbas murdered you Ben?! That rascal!
    • 856 posts
    July 3, 2014 11:11 AM EDT

Except in combat, NPC's should not be able to 'push' the player.

• 92 posts
    July 3, 2014 11:15 AM EDT

That annoys me to no end. That Nord woman at High Gate Ruins does it too. Hate.It.Every.Time.

• Ben
    • 21 posts
    July 3, 2014 11:49 AM EDT

Corruption is more widespread than that.  You'd end up going Anakin Skywalker on the town to cleanse it. 

Riften, "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

• Ben
    • 21 posts
    July 3, 2014 7:55 PM EDT

I see you are on PS3, so this won't help much, but it may help someone else who sees this.  There is a mod called 'The Choice is Yours' that addresses this very issue.  

• 41 posts
    July 3, 2014 9:22 PM EDT

The way she always dies with only one hit you could roleplay that you tried to arrest her but she had a heart attack 

• 1217 posts
    July 3, 2014 9:29 PM EDT

That bothered me about the quest with the Emperor. I'm 99% sure I didn't do anything but cast soul trap on him, and he dropped dead.

• July 3, 2014 9:37 PM EDT

Guild restoration quests. 

• July 4, 2014 12:10 PM EDT

The atheriel item quest because of the lady that is there and the ending of it.(no spoilers for those who don't have that quest.)SO ANNOYING.