Forums » Elder Scrolls

If you were a hold guard...

• 180 posts
    February 11, 2013 5:33 AM EST

If you were a guard in Skyrim, which hold would you protect? Would you want to be stationed in the main city? Or one of the villages in the hold? Besides your standard uniform, what items would you carry around with you? What weapons would you use?

• 1595 posts
    February 11, 2013 5:41 AM EST

Maybe I'd like Morthal; there's something creepy about the atmosphere of that place and those po0r sods don't even have a wall!

I'd make sure I carried a torch at night and some mead, because I'd be a lot warmer and a lot happier with a bellyful of mead.

• 253 posts
    February 11, 2013 5:45 AM EST

For fun I would be in Riften for sure. I like purple, and being corrupt would rock. From a surviving perspective, Raven Rock (is that allowed). They have decent armor and elven weapons, the archers there take down dragons with no problem. 

• 180 posts
    February 11, 2013 6:33 AM EST

Raven rock is fine.

• AJ
    • 47 posts
    February 11, 2013 7:24 AM EST

Yup Raven Rock. Decent armor and nicely trained guards.

• 180 posts
    February 11, 2013 7:48 AM EST

Cool, what kind of weapons would you carry?

• 180 posts
    February 11, 2013 7:48 AM EST

What would you carry around with you?

• 1595 posts
    February 11, 2013 8:04 AM EST

A sharper sword than my current one. This dull old blade can hardly cut butter.

• February 11, 2013 8:20 AM EST

I would be a winterhold guard, so they would have more than three. And I would carry the standard weapon of that hold, enchanted with fire damage.

• 3 posts
    February 11, 2013 8:42 AM EST

I would be a guard in Riften. I would always carry some lockpicks, so i could empty a chest, and say it was the Thieves Guild. I will weald a steel sword, and always have some potion of lockpicking on me :D

Oh, and always have a sweetroll to give, if "Someone stole your sweetroll"

• 180 posts
    February 11, 2013 8:43 AM EST

What else would you keep in your inventory?

• AJ
    • 47 posts
    February 11, 2013 11:48 AM EST

A torch, some food and drinks, and my amulet of Stendarr :3

• 966 posts
    February 11, 2013 11:54 AM EST

Likely in Falkreath, not alot of trouble, decent weather, and if I'm bored I could always go kill something in the forest. Would use a steel or Imperial sword, A LOT of mead, a few potions, and some CHEESE. 

And a few torches ofcourse

• 4 posts
    February 11, 2013 12:01 PM EST

Falkreath for me,nice looking barmaid,id carry my trusty forged steel greatsword,a torch or two,and some red apple and cabbage soup.......but the mead would have to stay at home because i swear i came across a talking dog the other day

• 952 posts
    February 11, 2013 12:04 PM EST

Raven Rock, those guys seem to be tougher than Normal guards and are the only Dunmer guards. I would carry a Glass armor with my Deadric Katana since I'm a veteran Buoyant Armiger and I'm a proffesional. These ash creatures aren't so different from the Blighted ones so it's okay. I would carry a scroll of AlmSiVi intervention or 2, leftovers from the time of the old Tribunal, some Mazte, a nice set of enchanted ebony darts that I got from the Nerevarine after he stopped the Black Dart gang in Mournhold, a glass shield and dagger (backup weapon), and offcourse my knowledge of magic.

• 11 posts
    February 11, 2013 12:21 PM EST

Architecturally speaking probably Markarth, I love how the city's being divided in different levels, which all have their own atmosphere and views attached to them. 

But, if I were a guard, I'd probably choose Whiterun or Raven Rock: Whiterun is a thriving community and a metropolitan area, yet seems to be very peaceful (& neutral). Raven Rock because of my favoritism for the Dunmer (Culture).

• February 11, 2013 2:32 PM EST
    I would be a Whiterun guard posted in Rorikstead. They say its a boring posting for a guard but since it has no walls, it's near giant camps, forsworn, bandits, and even a Dragon burial, plus a bastard sold a farmer's goat to a Giant earlier, (gotta kill it later) but fear not! Come dragon or giant I'm ready... And I'll use a "curved sword" just because its curved, and my trusty shield but will get one of those Dawnguard armors so I can have some real knee armor, and a bow for those pesky horse thieves! (Very effective)
  • February 11, 2013 2:37 PM EST
    Oh and I will carry some Nord Mead and some cooked meat, because raw meat gives salmonella, and some healing potions(might come in handy)
    • 1595 posts
    February 11, 2013 2:38 PM EST

"Real knee armour"  Very good Knight-Paladin. Because a good defence is the best offence, am I right?

• February 11, 2013 2:39 PM EST
    I thought a good offence is the best defense?
    • 1595 posts
    February 11, 2013 2:43 PM EST

I guess so; if the gods gave you two hands and you use them both for your weapon, I can respect that.

• February 11, 2013 2:44 PM EST
    But I favor the bow, AND I'm a swordsman myself!
    • 1595 posts
    February 11, 2013 2:48 PM EST

Ha  good one!

Do you make potions too? Could you brew me an ale?

• 37 posts
    February 11, 2013 2:49 PM EST

I would choose Winterhold. Has very few dragon attacks, and when they do, mages usually take all the breath attacks

• February 11, 2013 2:50 PM EST
    Nah, but as we're on guard duty my cousin if fighting dragons. So watch the sky traveler!