Forums » Elder Scrolls

If you were a hold guard...

• February 11, 2013 2:51 PM EST
    I usually just tell those Mages at the college "Woa, Woa, Woa! Watch the magic!
  • February 11, 2013 2:53 PM EST
    And never ever ask a Mage to conjure a bed!
    • 1595 posts
    February 11, 2013 2:54 PM EST

I confess this is making me laugh but I've got to go get some sleep.

I'm doing too much lollygaggin' here, might get into trouble from the other guards...

• February 11, 2013 2:58 PM EST
    And the people there are not even quest related! Other than buying crops they don't give much conversation either!
    • 180 posts
    February 11, 2013 3:26 PM EST

I would pick Windhelm, just because I like the armor and shield design, probably guarding the bridge you need to cross to get into the city. I'd carry the standard hold shield and a steel sword. I'd also have a sweetroll, some mead, clothes and a torch.

• February 11, 2013 3:32 PM EST
    I tried to avoid Windhelm and Solitude because of politics and because Solitude guards have it easy with the Imperial soldiers there making their job
    • 47 posts
    February 11, 2013 3:40 PM EST

One of the outlying strongholds of Whiterun, probably Whitewatch Tower. That's a nice relaxed posting - close enough to the city to go home when my shift ends, but far enough away to avoid the prying eyes of officers. There's a pleasant little area around the campfire where I could sit and relax, whiling the day away. Or occasionally, for a change of pace, I'd volunteer to be the guy who patrols out along past Lorieus Farm - that's a nice stroll on a fine Spring day. Views of the city, the palace, the Throat, the open country, the mountains to the north...I would almost certainly hack Cicero into several messy pieces at some point, so that might be a disciplinary issue for my sergeant to be concerned about, but other than that it's all good.