Forums » Elder Scrolls

How did you first get into Elder Scrolls games?

• 2 posts
    October 28, 2011 6:49 AM EDT
    I actually began wih oblivion. I got hooked on it and then got morrowind. Been trying to get and play the others but to no luck so far. 
    • 966 posts
    October 28, 2011 6:58 AM EDT

I got oblivion when i was 9 years old, i dont remember how i knew about it, i thought is was from gamekings.

I liked it alot and searched for any games of the same serie, so i bought morrowind, but when i was 9 i did not understand it ;)

Now i still play both games, with hundereds of mods.

• 1 posts
    October 28, 2011 7:24 AM EDT

Some friend of mine asked me to help him buy a new computer to play this awsome game "Morrowind", after i´v tried this game at hes home it was love at first click.

• 3 posts
    October 28, 2011 7:27 AM EDT
    I spent the night at my younger cousin's house and he had just bought Oblivion on a recommendation from his friend, and I watched him play. I was really impressed with it so I went and bought it for myself. Been playing oblivion for almost three years now and I'm so completely hooked on the series lol
    • 1 posts
    October 28, 2011 7:27 AM EDT

I got into The Elder Scrolls in a rather odd way. I was browsing through my messages on deviantart.com and saw a screencap of someone's desktop. I noticed a weird icon on her desktop called "Morrowind" and I was just curious enough to look it. Cue me finding out about my first Elder Scrolls game! I loved Morrowind and was quickly on my way to playing Oblivion. I didn't start playing any of the games until about '06.

• 26 posts
    October 28, 2011 7:35 AM EDT

Simple, I got talked into playing Morrowind and Oblivion by a couple of friends while I waiting for a couple of other games to be released.    The rest is history.

• 2 posts
    October 28, 2011 7:35 AM EDT

My dad randomly bought Morrowind for himself to have a go at on the original xbox, when i was.. wow i can't even remember how old I was, maybe 11-12ish (2005-2006). Anyways he played up until you got out of the boat (which is not even 5 minutes) and he was over it, so I took over, and I was hooked. My best mate and I played it up till late 2008 (like I'm talking about him coming over once a week and us finishing as many quests as possible),  when i finally upgraded consoles and in a year later got Oblivion(2009). But in regards to Morrowind the first TES game I played, nothing could compare really, I loved that game so much and still do, it's what got me into gaming.

I've been pumped for Skyrim ever since, my friend and I packed AT LEAST 840hours of gameplay into Morrowind and at least 500 into Oblivion, and by the looks of things I might be playing Skyrim with mymate for just as long as those two games combined ! 

Also we are going to continue the tradition of TES gaming between the two of us starting off with the midnight launch XD

Can't wait!  

• 22 posts
    October 28, 2011 7:48 AM EDT

I was about 15 when Morrowind came out on PC, a friend of mine had played Daggerfell and wouldn’t stop going on about Morrowind when it first came out. so eventually I got myself a copy and have never looked back!

• 1 posts
    October 28, 2011 7:49 AM EDT

I saw my brother playing Morrowind and I wanted a go. So, later I went on the PC and played it, and I have loved the series ever since.

• October 28, 2011 7:52 AM EDT

My Uncle bought Morrowind, and for months I sat behind his computer chair watching him play in awe. Eventually he bought another copy for me and set me up playing on my own computer. I have been hooked ever since.

• 5 posts
    October 28, 2011 7:57 AM EDT

I was working in a video store and morrowind came out for xbox so i took it home and was hooked. I had to buy it for my pc at home in the end cause the customers wanted to play it! Such a great game, easily the best RPG i had ever played at the time.

Then of course I invested in a 360 and got oblivion which was also very cool 

• 77 posts
    October 28, 2011 7:58 AM EDT

My dad pirated oblivion for the 360. I got hooked and eventually upgraded my own PC to play oblivion on. 

• October 28, 2011 8:02 AM EDT

I first got into the series from seeing a video of the sauron armor mod for Oblivion. I am a big lord of the rings fan, but i was very young and i thought it was already in the game. Not only that i got it for PS3 so i purchased the GOTY edition of Oblivion for PS3. I was a tad bit dissapointed, but i loved it. In 2009 around December i think, i saw on steam Oblivion and Morrowind for a cheap christmas price so i bought both.

• 1 posts
    October 28, 2011 8:06 AM EDT
    I was 5 when I saw morrowind on my uncles pc, then nicked the pc and proceeded to play for hours on end, some years later when I was 9 I belive my dad got oblivion, it was almost a family experience we had it on a super-pc for the time, as well as the brand new xbox, so I quickly learned how to -properly- play the game, played it reguarly ever since, just keep coming back, have a huge group of friends that have and still play it as well, and now 2 version's of the GOTY edition
    • 1 posts
    October 28, 2011 8:12 AM EDT

I remember looking over my friends shoulder in his apartment, watching this "stupid" ass game called Oblivion, that he was wasting sooo much time on - and then - of course, he got me talked in to trying this socalled Oblivion, that should be GOTY.

1hour later, I was hooked. And ended up playing almost 100 hours of Oblivion.

• 7 posts
    October 28, 2011 8:12 AM EDT

It all started with Oblivion, sadly I have never played Morrowind.  But I remember a friend bringing the map that came with oblivon to school and showed it to me.  Told me how it was all open world and you can do what you want.  I was like WOW!  So I borrowed the game off of him.  I got past the beginnig part and made it out of the seweres, thats when I quit because I though the game sucked.   A few months later I went ahead and rented it and played a little more and actually got into it.  Then I went and bought the Game of the Year editions and thats when I completely fell in love with the game.  Then I got Fallout 3 and loved that game too, and now I wait for Skyrim.  

• 9 posts
    October 28, 2011 8:15 AM EDT

Yeah Saw The Crazy Looking Game Case In My Local Game Store.. Titled (Morrowind) But My PC Wasn't Fast Enough To Run It When I Got It Home! So It Collected Dust Until I Got My First Laptop And Modded The Crap Out Of It! Then Totally Lost My Social Life On Oblivion!!! Skyrim Is Gonna Be Epic! 

• 1 posts
    October 28, 2011 8:22 AM EDT
    when i was ten my dad bought me and my siblings morrowind. all we would do was run around ebonheart shooting people with crossbows but i was hooked and i've been putting hundreds of hours into the elder scrolls ever since.
    • 577 posts
    October 28, 2011 8:37 AM EDT

I've always like RPG's. My first expirence with them was in the mid-late 80's with the Zork games on Apple IIc. hahaha!! (I'm only 37 and that's what we had when I was 13 or so). Mask of the Sun was a badass game also at that time.

My neighbor had a PC in the 90's and would let me play all the classic shooter games, Duke Nukem, Doom, Quake, etc. One game that I loved was the first Dark Forces (star wars). That game ruled.

I didn't play any games up until 2007. Didn't have a computer or anything. A friend of mine, whose a hardcore gamer, recomended this game call Oblivion. I was helping my dad's business at the time and he had a kickass PC in the office, so I decided "fuck it, I haven't played any real good game in years and have access to a computer" and purchased Oblivion. From the name I thought it was some sort of destruction, post-war shit. Boy, I was taken!! Dove right in. I would stay in the office playing till 4am. Totally obsessed, dreams about it and everything. ha! The somewhat shitty thing is, my dad gave me his old labtop to use and kick down the desktop to the secretary. (still pissed) Game didn't work as well, but doable. Played 320 hrs on that game. It's still on my hardrive to this day! Refuse to take it off. Every once in a while I'll check in just to see all my inventory, etc. There's nothing more I can do on it. Finally got an xbox in '09 and will be playing Skyrim on there. Waiting for Skyrim is like waiting for Master of Puppets or South of Heaven to come out back in the day!!!! Haven't felt this in a while for something to be released in a long time!!!!!!!!!

• 28 posts

I picked up Oblivion shortly after it came out, it was only £30 at the time so must have been out for at least a few months by then. I remember I went down to pick up some World War II game that a mate of mine told me was great, can't have been that good as I don't even remember its name, and bumped into another friend of mine down town. He came with me to Game as he was after a controller or something else miscellaneous like that. When we went in he pointed out Oblivion and told me to try that.

Naturally, I was hooked and, after completion, picked up a copy of Morrowind and I've never looked back. I have to admit with Oblivion though, it wasn't until fairly recently that I got the DLC, I hadn't had xbox live and Game in my town doesn't have much in the way of 360 expansions so I'd never heard of the Shivering Isles or Nights of the Nine.

• 1 posts

I first started playing Oblivion when my 10 year old brother came home with if after playing it at his friends house.  That was maybe back in 2007 and i havent stopped playing the game since.

• 1 posts
    October 28, 2011 8:43 AM EDT
    My older brother got morrowind when I was 9 and I played it then 6 years later I see oblivion and loved it now I can't wait till skyrim comes out
    • 1 posts
    October 28, 2011 8:52 AM EDT

oblivion was recommended to me by a friend in 2009 and i loved it

• 577 posts
    October 28, 2011 8:58 AM EDT

Nice story. I'm right with you on the age thing. ha!

• October 28, 2011 8:58 AM EDT

I got into TES with . . . SKYRIM! I had a quick go at Oblivion a couple of years ago (as in, about ten minutes - I died too much for it to be enjoyable) using a friend's character and, although I liked the idea, I had no idea what was going on. I tried to watch him play, but discovered that the Oblivion UI didn't make for a great spectator sport.

When I saw the trailer and previews for Skyrim, I was amazed. Actually, the first trailer I saw was Tobuscus's LITERAL trailer on Youtube .

So, I had a look at some footage from Oblivion again and decided it looked pretty cool, but also decided I'd only have enough time for one Elder Scrolls game at a time. So I'll probably play Oblivion myself at some point, but I've already pre-ordered Skyrim so I'll do that first.