Forums » Elder Scrolls

How many characters do you have?

• 367 posts
    June 8, 2015 6:50 PM EDT

I've three Characters in Morrowind all called Sotek and all identical Argonians.

I've two Characters in Oblivion Both called Sotek and both Identical Argonians.

I've seven Characters in Skyrim. All Called Sotek And yet again All are Identical Argonians.

The only exceptions are what quests they have / have not completed and what armour they wear. (Skill sets are the same)

I have one character from my Werewolf build Hound of the Hunting Grounds who is an Argonian.

He goes by the name of Sotek.

• 13 posts
    June 9, 2015 2:09 AM EDT

6000s? If my save count goes above 2000, I usually reset them because I don't like complicated numbers as my save game indicator. I keep a lot of them in different places for screenshots with different backgrounds. 

• 394 posts
    June 9, 2015 2:26 AM EDT

Mine does that: is that what it is? Mine seems to freeze after I leave the game on pause for a while, but I have several saved chsracters

• 394 posts
    June 9, 2015 2:28 AM EDT

Would I be correct in assuming that you like Argonians calls Sotek? ;)

• 367 posts
    June 9, 2015 3:04 AM EDT

Yes as long as they have the right accessories.

Two axes...                 Check

Light Armour           Check

Dagger                       Check

Spear                          Check

Aela....                        Check

• 184 posts
    June 9, 2015 5:04 AM EDT

Hang on, let me count. 

*2 minutes later*

I can't remember, LOL. Over 5 but spaced over a long time period. I stick with one character for a long time, and at the moment I'm playing as a Breton named Cosme who is purely a healer. All I do in battle is run after my allies healing them.  It makes things so intense because I can't retaliate when an enemy is attacking me.

• 268 posts
    June 9, 2015 2:50 PM EDT
    I'm not sure if that's possible on consoles, and I kinda like the high numbers as bragging rights :D
    • 6 posts
    June 9, 2015 4:13 PM EDT

When the game first came out I played on PS3, I had my first ever character in the ES series, an Argonian jack of all trades as I didn't really know what I was doing. Around 4 other khajiit and wood elf assassins. Now I play on Xbox and have had roughly 9 properly played characters that made it past level 30. And of course the one I'm playing right now!

That's 15 give or take a few properly played characters that have had around 20-60 hours of game time put into them.

• 1 posts
    June 9, 2015 4:24 PM EDT

I've got maybe 3 or 4 saved on Xbox 360 and maybe 4 on PC currently. Messing around with all of the PC ones a bit to figure out who to play through Dragonborn DLC with (still haven't done that one).  I've made way way more in the past though - they just tend to all get full wiped when mods go wrong

• 8 posts
    June 9, 2015 5:06 PM EDT

Characters i've made? Oh god, dozens. Hundreds, maybe.

Characters I still play? Probably 4 or 5 regularly, plus a couple more every once in a while depending on my mood.

My favourite? "Lyca". A Nord Huntress who sometimes is and sometimes isn't a Werewolf, depending on my mood whilst creating the build. I abuse the Faendal follower thing to get Archery up to 50 (you'd be surprised how weak Archery is early-game. I've sneak-attacked Deer that have required more than one hit to kill before, even with Archery at level 50. Mind, I do play on Master, so...). I get the Glass Bow of the Stag Prince as early as I can; the unique buff really rewards you for your hunting efforts. I then spend my days hunting; using the various meats for food (I make sure to eat 3 solid meals a day. A Nord lass needs to keep her strength up!). Eventually, the Jarl of Falkreath sends me a letter; I go clear out a bandit den for him (usually Embershard), do the Ill-Met by Moonlight quest, get both Savior's Hide and Hircine's Ring. By this time, I can start working on my house. I'm waffling, but the point is it's a thoroughly enjoyable, non-crafting build that's easy to jump into and get started with. This is the one I've kept coming back to after nearly 4 years of playing.

• 13 posts
    June 10, 2015 4:39 AM EDT

Yeah, I used to use a lot of script-heavy mods before I had figured out how to mod properly and sometimes I got my character's quest broken and also my save game bloats. So, this is probably one of the reasons I often start a playthrough but ended up not finishing it back then. 

• 13 posts
    June 10, 2015 4:43 AM EDT

That's an interesting story there, one of the must tries of building a character. 

I myself tend to play on Expert, because I use combat mods and I feel like that difficulty is the balance for me and it turns out pretty well.

My favourite character would be my Khajiit Vampire lord. I use heavy armor with shield and various magic in my right hand.

• 394 posts
    June 10, 2015 5:06 AM EDT

That's a great idea - I'd like to try that sometime

• 295 posts
    June 10, 2015 8:35 AM EDT

I have probably had over 30+, counting the Restarteritis builds. But I currently am playing two types of builds. 

My sister likes to watch me play Skyrim on my laptop and she's created several characters.

Dunmer assassin

Bosmer alchemist

Breton mage

Altmer light-armored do-gooder

Nord two-hander barbarian

Khajiit - Mr. Buttons, he's just special 

We rotate them on a weekly basis, which is fun because all of them have different play styles. 

Then, there's Theodard the Unholy. Another of my builds for my sister, but he's different. He's my Legendary difficulty no-crafting build. Yeah, no crafting. He's the team leader, conjurer illusionist, sneak, not a nice guy and has Jenassa. And he's still alive, level 31 and he's only died once or twice. The gameplay is very exciting, because he is truly a glass canon, no armor, no alteration. 

Finally, I have the build I play at my desktop at home. My Altmer Paladin that is the subject of my blog here. He's the oldest build, from October last year. He's using the Requiem overhaul, which is probably why Legendary difficulty in Vanilla skyrim isn't so bad anymore. 

So 8 builds I'm playing total right now. 

• 13 posts
    June 10, 2015 9:42 AM EDT
    I must say I'm quite interested in your Unholy build. I'm getting tired of crafting and mixing potions all day and I just want to enjoy the fights purely with brute strength
    And, Have you tried the Perkus Maximus? I wanted to try Requiem sometime in the future, but it seems that this requires a lot of patches. So, I'm not sure yet :)
    • 700 posts
    June 10, 2015 9:50 AM EDT
    The number of builds I've kept is on the low end, somewhere around fifteen. I would purge my saves every few months to clean it all up. I haven't played Skyrim in a few months though, and I didn't play daily when I did. Still, if I had been playing daily, it would have been with just one character. I'm a monogamist in that respect.
    • 295 posts
    June 10, 2015 10:14 AM EDT

I use an Older version of Requiem on purpose for that very reason. It still requires patches, but if you're careful with your mod selection, your game can work very well. 

I've not tried Perkus Maximus, but heavily considered SkyRe, before I opted for Requiem. I just didn't want to deal with perks. 

Oh man, to NOT have to harvest anything is awesome. Theodard the Unholy is truly a lazy, lazy person. No smithing, enchanting, or alchemy. But he doesn't brute fight either. Quite the opposite actually, he barely fights at all, and what he does is done with a sneaky bound bow. His skills are Conjuration, Illusion, Sneak, and archery and later I'll perk pickpocket. His minions (either undead or atronachs and Jenassa) do the lion's share of the work. Conjuration and Illusion are maxed out. He uses restoration, but doesn't perk it.  He wears Expert robes of Illusion, the Necromancer's amulet, some crappy gauntlets of archery, the sneaky hood and shoes from the DB. He is the opposite of my Requiem Paladin. 

• 8 posts
    June 10, 2015 3:31 PM EDT

Agreed. My builds also reflect the difficulty. So for example I have a Dwarven character with lots of skills, crafting-based, and requires a lot of both time and discipline to really see this guy through. Endgame he's level 60+. He's the guy I play if I feel like wasting days of my life on Skyrim (usually if i've got time off work, for example).

Conversely, Lyca is a really easy, laid back character that's so easy to just jump straight into. Build-wise, she can be as simple or as complex and you like. I haven't posted a Character Build for her because it varies. You can keep things quick and simple, and she'll top out at level 20. Or you can incorporate perks into sneak, start smithing, perk up Light Armor, and she can be a level 40+ build. It's so flexible that anything short of a multi-tiered Character Build page would be doing her a dis-service. And i'm not a good enough build-writer to manage that just yet. :P

• 36 posts
    June 13, 2015 9:29 AM EDT

Just 1. Kahjiit Characters mainly because they are my favourite.