Forums » Elder Scrolls

Elder Scrolls VI, What setting do you think is most plausible?

• 743 posts
    December 8, 2014 2:00 PM EST

Hey everyone, lately I've been pondering over the most plausible setting of TES VI. I'd personally like to see either Valenwood and Elsywere (apologies if I spelled Elsywere wrong) or Valenwood and the Summerset Isles. With the next gen hardware, I think its safe to say we can have larger TES games. It would also be nice to strike back at the Altmeri Dominion Nazis. Where would you guys like to visit in the next TES? 

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    December 8, 2014 2:57 PM EST

I actually think it'll be Argonia or Alinor.

Probably Argonia, simply because it dropped off the freaking map for two hundred years.

• 743 posts
    December 8, 2014 8:50 PM EST

I'd like either one of those as well. Imagine how much more we would learn about the shadow scales.

• 457 posts
    December 8, 2014 9:39 PM EST
    The swamps and deadly creatures would make for some pretty intense gameplay ;D
    • 743 posts
    December 8, 2014 10:01 PM EST

That it would xD

• 277 posts
    December 9, 2014 8:43 AM EST

Argonia sounds good, but Valenwood would be my first choice. I want to see those entire cities built in trees capable of moving.

• December 9, 2014 8:55 AM EST

Argonia doesn't exist. It makes me laugh everytime people fall for that fake article claiming TES6 will be "Argonia", it's a dead giveaway lie

• December 9, 2014 9:01 AM EST

Well of course they wouldn't call it Argonia, since in every map it's called Black Marsh, you have to dig into lore to find "Argonia". Also, it would be too biased toward one race. And I do have a feeling that the guy who invented that article called it Argonia just out of ignorance, not knowing it was called Black Marsh, it just happened to coincide with a lore name that does exist.

• December 9, 2014 9:10 AM EST

Look at the amount of Argonian worshippers on our website, do you really think people would be turned off of them?

Honestly I like Argonians, though they are not my favourite race, and wouldn't mind playing in Black Marsh or however you prefer to call it. Would be far better than High Rock or Summerset Isles.

• December 9, 2014 9:13 AM EST

That's mostly due to the phenomenom of Nordicism, Bethesda hit it really hard with all the nordic culture glorification and embelishment they've done in Skyrim. They didn't do the same with Imperials and their roman-inspired culture in Oblivion, they just kept them bland and boring for whatever reason.

• 1217 posts
    December 9, 2014 9:36 AM EST

It takes very little digging to find Argonia attached to the Argonian homeland.

• December 9, 2014 10:02 AM EST

Well that really shouldn't matter anyway, many people nowadays have this belief that anything nordic is more exciting than other cultures. Skyrim hit it hard and helped influence that thought, by repeating over and over again that nords were both the "fiercest warriors", "most honest people", "best bards," "strongest men", pretty much every positive trait you can think of, they're it. In LoL, which is played by millions of people every day, we had a full year of nordic advertisement with their "Freljord" theme. There's even elements being added to this theme that didn't even belong to nordic culture to begin with.

The only way to shift people's tastes to something else is to actually introduce them to those other themes. If Bethesda make a game in Black Marsh, people will learn to appreciate argonians and other different cultures better.

• 457 posts
    December 9, 2014 10:11 AM EST

From a marketing standpoint I can see where they're coming from; it took me a while to grow into the lizard folk (I really like Argonians now), but I still haven't quite warmed up to the Khajiits yet. It does seem like the average Joe that isn't as immersed in the Elder Scrolls series is predisposed to like beast races less. And a lessening of interest usually translates into a lessening of dollars.

It makes me sad, though, to think that we may never get a really good look at Black Marsh or Elsweyr.

• 490 posts
    December 9, 2014 10:49 AM EST

Anywhere with DESERT. And maybe dessert, too.

Hammerfell and/or Elsweyr.

• 743 posts
    December 9, 2014 11:43 AM EST

This is true, people who are just getting into the TES franchise wouldn't want a game set in Black Marsh. Take my friend for example, he hates argoinians, but likes Khajiits. To have a game set in Black Marsh would only be supported by people who are familiar with TES lore. 

• December 9, 2014 12:16 PM EST

The people working at Bethesda certainly are men.. and women. But really, googling the map of Tamriel shows that an overwhelming majority of ES maps have it called "Black Marsh", not Argonia.

• 743 posts
    December 9, 2014 1:49 PM EST

Their both correct names, its just that Black Marsh is used more often.

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    December 9, 2014 2:16 PM EST

I just through Argonia sounded better than Adjective_Noun_Location

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    December 9, 2014 2:17 PM EST

You can get sweet rolls anywhere...

• 75 posts
    December 9, 2014 8:17 PM EST

I would say, with the next gen hardware, I'd like the world to contain both Valenwood and Elsweyr. Elsweyr is honestly my choice, seeing as (as most people know) I love the Khajiit and would be overjoyed to travel to Elsweyr and check out the homeland of my favourite race in extended detail. With next gen hardware, Valenwood would also be an option. Honestly, if the game was focused on Elsweyr and then had part of Valenwood accessible from the jungle-section of Elsweyr (A path through the rainforest from Torval, perhaps?).

• 75 posts
    December 9, 2014 8:20 PM EST

The inner reaches of Black Marsh are only hospitable by the Argonians and native creatures, aren't they? I'm not the biggest lore freak but I believe I read that in one of Vix's posts on the Argonians.

• 18 posts
    December 10, 2014 1:53 AM EST

Just got done writing a really long comment about why I think it will be Elsweyr and accidentally reloaded the page.
    Oh well.

• December 15, 2014 3:31 PM EST

Elsweyr, hands down. Its diversity in landscape (desert, jungles, forests, urban cities) and its incredible history and culture, not to mention that I'd love to join both the Aldmeri Dominion and an underground resistance, but if someone calls the Dominion Nazis one more time I feel like I'm gonna rip my hair out by the roots. Elsweyr's politics would also be cool to see, much like how in Daggerfall/Morrowind there was this whole political backstabbing backstory to the main quest. But if they don't do Khajiit right, including all the varieties of Khajiit influenced by the moons, I'd rather they do a proper game either in High Rock (not just the Illiac Bay) or Alinor.

I know it's like sacrilege over here, but I've never really liked the Argonians and them kicking the Dunmer when they're down was really the last nail in the coffin for me. Frankly, I'd like it if the Dominion burnt down the Marsh. I'd hand them the gasoline (or magicka potions).

• 149 posts
    December 15, 2014 11:25 PM EST

Does no one else here see Hammerfell as a possibility?

One of the reasons Bethesda chose to make a game in Skyrim was because they had a lot of lore from the province they could reference. They've already expanded Hammerfell's lore with Redguard (the game) and I could see them using the province for their next game. It has the advantage of not being a beast-race province and might provide a fun, swashbuckling sort of setting with bright coastlines, canyons, and deserts. I don't know how much variety they could create with the locale, but knowing Bethesda, they'd come up with some pretty cool stuff.

Of course, the Argonian nut in me would take Black Marsh over anywhere any day. :P 

In the end, wherever they choose to take us, they'll make sure we have a grand time.

• 130 posts
    December 15, 2014 11:26 PM EST

I've always thought Hammerfell would be the most likely candidate for the next game.