Forums » Elder Scrolls

Need help choosing between 2 character concepts

• 1 posts
    October 17, 2014 11:05 PM EDT

Sorry if this is in the wrong place but i cannot figure a better place for it (There is an ask section in Builds but not in Role-Play). If there is a better place for it then someone surely has the ability to move it since i do not possess that knowledge.

I am currently about to start a new character in Skyrim that follows a specific theme. The theme is Glass Armor and Glass Battleaxe of which the character will be built around (Barbarian-style build somewhat) but i cannot decide on the character's race of all things. I have 2 ideas to choose from so far but would welcome better ones if they were offered.

1. Ex-Tribunal Royal Guard from Morrowind, likely serving as a Mercenary in Skyrim and defending the Dunmer people (obviously a Dark Elf)

2. Thalmor...something...not sure on title. Maybe "Templar" or Enforcer or Guardian. Anyways they are helping to "suppress and eradicate" Talos worship in Skyrim by force (obviously a High Elf) 

ps: If they are a Dunmer who worked directly for the Tribunal 200 years ago would they still be considered part of a Great House of Morrowind? If so which House would be best suited?

• 130 posts
    October 17, 2014 11:48 PM EDT

There is an RP help section.

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    October 17, 2014 11:54 PM EDT

I like the idea of number two better, just for the subversion of a Altmer barbarian character at war with barbarians heathens.

In regards to the Dunmer, yes. The Great Houses are still in charge, they've just had a very rough few centuries with Hlaalu being ejected from the Council of Houses and Sadras taking their place. Redoran are the warrior house of the five, but if he served the Temple house Indoril would work as well.

• 856 posts
    October 18, 2014 1:20 AM EDT

Dunmer, of House Indoril.

But as Prisoner mentioned, this is probably more suited in the Roleplay help section.

• 1595 posts
    October 18, 2014 3:15 AM EDT

Dunmer for sure, House Redoran.

A Redoran's duty is first to the Tribunal Temple, second to the Great House Redoran, and third to one's family and clan.