Forums » Elder Scrolls

One Feature You Want in TES VI

• 1441 posts
    July 9, 2014 10:05 AM EDT
    This could work, especially if you could collect the wood, or mine rocks, and it could work for a survivalist playthrough
    • 1441 posts
    July 9, 2014 10:09 AM EDT
    That would ruin scripting, cause they'd have to generate the exterior if you blew a hole in a house wall.
    • 1441 posts
    July 9, 2014 10:17 AM EDT
    I had a pair of staffs that stayed on my hip once.
    • 1441 posts
    July 9, 2014 10:26 AM EDT
    Well, how bout the fact that pretty much anything that stays in Argonia for too long, especially Inner Black Marsh. Minus. In terms of playable races, Argonians and maybe Bosmer and Redguards, would die of disease, drowning in the swamps, or whatnot. Also, would they add that, if you trudge about in Heavy Armor, you slowly sink?
    • 1441 posts
    July 9, 2014 10:38 AM EDT
    I want more weapon and armor types, like melee staffs, Kukris, throwable weapons, automatic crossbows, etc. I also want weapon and armor customization, and when you forge blade or cuirass, I want to be able to named them while forging them, like with Arcane Enchanters and Alchemy Tables. But above all, what I want most is....

Capes.
    • 1 posts
    July 9, 2014 11:31 AM EDT

Addictions

• July 11, 2014 7:45 PM EDT

Better costumization.

• 2 posts
    July 12, 2014 3:51 AM EDT
    Forming an ice bridge across a gap to cross it sounds awesome!
  • July 13, 2014 2:16 PM EDT
    • Greater options to alter the gameworld. The only quest that really changes anything in Skyrim is the Civil War, and even then the effects are limited to the guards/jarls. I'd like to see your actions have real consequences, like failing to save a town results in all the NPCs living in tents a short distance away, etc.
    • Related, I'd like to see them expand upon the homesteading from Hearthfire. I absolutely love all the "playing house" aspects Skyrim lets you get up to- marrying, adopting kids, building your house. You can get up to nine NPCs (one spouse, two kids, one housecarl, one steward, one bard, one carriage driver and two pets) living in your manor. Take it up to eleven- give us control of an entire town! Have us gather NPCs to serve as merchants, innkeepers and the like. Let us recruit mercenaries who'll hang around and serve as followers. Give us a bunch of personal guards to patrol the place, and have them change based on our allegiances. Let us display trophies from our adventures. It'd be awesome!
    • Hardcore mode, like Fallout: New Vegas.
    • 77 posts
    July 13, 2014 7:46 PM EDT

The civil war also kills or relocates some named NPCs in each of the cities, but some more options would be nice.

• 83 posts
    July 14, 2014 9:11 AM EDT

I'd like the ability to use one-handed swords in different ways than the basic swing; stabbing should become a means of fighting as well (and more than that "stealth stab" when you get a stealth kill.)

For example, I'd like to be able to stagger a foe because I clocked his or her head with the hilt of the sword, then come in and get a power strike.

• 77 posts
    July 14, 2014 1:05 PM EDT

I think different abilities, different types of attacks from perks would be a good way to go. I think TES VI needs more normal abilities, mapped to buttons to make the combat more involving.

• 4 posts
    July 14, 2014 3:22 PM EDT

Better follower AI, that don't just stand there in your way, or in the case of dogs, stand there nudging you like an unwanted nuzzling.

• 93 posts
    July 14, 2014 6:12 PM EDT

Hardcore mode, more last effects for your actions.

Griffons. GRIFFONS. 

Minotaurs.

Smarter NPCs, and followers being able to ride horses. Maybe even being able to name your horses and give them to followers. 

• 700 posts
    July 14, 2014 6:24 PM EDT

Consumable water.  Everyone's throats must be so dry from only having liquor and skooma to drink.  I suppose that would come with Hardcore mode.  

• 77 posts
    July 14, 2014 7:09 PM EDT

Griffons... What if we could get actual flying mounts at the end of the main quest? Dragons, giant birds, etc would all be awesome. Just not like riding a dragon that only circles a single spot.

• 41 posts
    July 15, 2014 4:42 AM EDT
    Dark Magic. So essentially offensive Necromancy.
    • 1 posts
    July 15, 2014 9:39 AM EDT
    Climbing.
    • 5 posts
    July 15, 2014 3:16 PM EDT

Okay, this is a topic that I can rant on and on for hours about, so here it goes:

- Attributes, I want them to bring back things like Strength, Speed, Agility etc. If I want a stealthy assassin, I want to be able to make him fast so he can get out of sticky situations easily. Or if I want a Strong Orc warrior, Speed isn't a necessity, so why have him be the same speed as that assassin? Why not make him strong so he can carry the big hammer he has?

- Better Combat AI, this is another thing that I really really want. Like if you were to take out the Bandit Chief the rest of the Bandits started to run away or fought less organized because they don't have their commander to lead them. Or, if you were to start a mass murder in a town, guards would call reinforcements to help them out and such. (And add location damage that the NPC's actually use)

- Better NPC's that don't have just one or two lines to say (minor thing)

- The improvement of the guild system. Being able to leave guilds, not being able to join a certain guild because you did something... And for gods sake, make it so you don't become the leader of a guild in just one week. Make it to where you have to work hard to rank up.

- Improve the stealth system. Make it to where you can't sneak right in front of a person and they don't see you.

- Crippling of limbs

- Hardcore survival system. I.E. You have to eat/drink/sleep in order to survive. And have to stay warm and dry when it is cold (also know as RN&D and Frostfall mods) also add cloaks to help keep yourself warm, and add tents as well.

- Look at mods and try to incorporate some of the popular Skyrim mods into the game

- Better and Rarer artifacts

- Better Scaling. Don't give Bandits daedric weapons at level 81 (they are bandits for gods sake) and don't stop leveling the enemies up.

That is all for now

• 7 posts
    July 15, 2014 6:16 PM EDT

I would like to see the return of acrobatics and climbing as skills. It would really enhance the thief/assassin play-styles. Just imagine infiltrating buildings through the windows, or raining down arrows on your enemies while perched in a tree.

• 77 posts
    July 15, 2014 6:31 PM EDT

Climbing like in the game Infamous would really improve the thief play-style. Imagine how cool navigating city rooftops and climbing through people's windows would be. Also creeping up buildings to snipe dark brotherhood targets could be so slick!

• 41 posts
    July 16, 2014 12:11 AM EDT

Multiplayer 

Nothing too big, just being able to invite one friend to "play in your wolrd" with you would be awesome. (Elder Scrolls was never meant to be a MMO in my opinion)

Other than that, a realism mode (similar to the hardcore mode in Fallout) would be cool as well.

• 83 posts
    July 16, 2014 7:37 AM EDT

I just remembered: I've wanted plenty in TES VI:

1) A list of known enchantments similar to a list of spells.  (Don't make us go find an Arcane Enchanter.)

2) Bonuses to a skill's growth bar for things like defeating a whole group of one very difficult foe (similar to a giant and mammoths from Skyrim) using one single method - the same weapon or weapons (if dual-wielded), or the same destruction spell if dual-cast.

As an example from Skyrim, say the Dovahkiin eliminates all of the giants and mammoths at Bleakwind Basin (the giant camp west of Whiterun) using nothing but dual-wielded maces.  There should be a fairly large boost to the growth bars of both one-handed and dual-wielding.

• 83 posts
    July 16, 2014 8:58 AM EDT

I've also been thinking about making Staff into a weapon style (as opposed to a backup magic weapon.)

• 5 posts
    July 16, 2014 3:13 PM EDT

So in other words, you think that you should get bigger bonuses to your skills when you use them against stronger opponents?