Forums » Elder Scrolls

One Feature You Want in TES VI

• 77 posts
    March 29, 2014 11:46 AM EDT

White people are a majority of the North American and European markets. People are provably petty and the lowest among us can only relate to the superficially similar. Race, sex, and politics (or the absence thereof) all play a large role in marketing because of this. This is only heightened by the general marketing tactics of the AAA space.

• 49 posts
    March 29, 2014 12:13 PM EDT

1. Climbing. It seems a bit strange, but imagine being able to scale a wall if you could find the right pieces to grasp.

2. Lying down. You can't crawl in TES, which is annoying.

3. Better mounted combat.

4. Positional damage.

5. Better factions.

6. Better carry weight. 40 or something at default and better with backpacks, etc.

7. And finally, chest weight, a set limit of item size you can put in a container.

• 77 posts
    March 29, 2014 1:16 PM EDT

Climbing and lying down would be epic for archery. Stealthily creeping up a bolder, lying down in your perch, and sniping your target. The realistic weight you're looking for is best left optional or in mods. Inventory management is not fun or thoughtful gameplay.

• 14 posts
    March 29, 2014 7:55 PM EDT

Locational Damaging. If I play a guerrilla scout, I should be able to take on a whole patrol by running from cover to cover dropping one hit kill arrows, but also die if I get shot as well. 

• 2 posts
    March 29, 2014 8:44 PM EDT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vAHeYtEBOU

This is a very good video discussing what sort of changes would be beneficial for Eldar Scrolls VI.  I agree with a lot of the ideas that they express.  It's well worth watching if you haven't already seen it.

My main wish for change is all to do with magic.  More spells, more effective direct damage spells, decent mage robes that actually flow, shimmer, come in different colours, and actually look magical.  Oh, and staves which are useful and don't just mimic spells from their associated school.

• 77 posts
    March 30, 2014 12:14 AM EDT

When they redo magic they need to look at enemy resistances. Frost magic was so underpowered because most enemies in skyrim, nords, dragur, dragons, automations, frost trolls, ice wraiths, and many beasts are at least 50% resistant to frost. TES: VI needs to have less shutouts for certain types of magic.

• 10 posts
    April 6, 2014 11:38 PM EDT

The prostitutes guild if we are doing a high rock sequel or something similar. May as well tap into the soiaf craze and toss in some adult content for the hell of it. The bunkhouse was nice but a true house of ill repute would be golden. 

Gameplay wise, I want to see fear giving us additional effects aside from running in terror, have armor rating be reduced due to cowardice or we can force aggro on us so it can synergize with defensive perks

Backstabs are also a must, encourage ways for you to flank your opponent and end fights swifter.

• 56 posts
    April 7, 2014 1:52 AM EDT
    I agree with positional damage. I must be able to kill an enemy with a headshot. I'd understand that I cant one-hit kill him if he wears a good helmet, but if he doesnt, which regular bandits dont, I must be able to kill him with one arrow. This would really showcase your marksmanship skills.

But really, Id be happy with BETTER ARMOR/CLOTHING STYLE! And give female clothing some pants! Just because theyre female doesnt mean they must wear skirts.

And for god's sake, change the warhammers, will you? Seriously, they look utterly ridiculous. Terrible imagination. Its basically just the household hammer with an elongated handle.

I dont really have much to ask in the game than the lore. Id like some more info on the obscure parts of TES. I mean, come on. You've been at it for over a decade, and theres still too many unanswered questions.

I dont like not knowing.
    • 627 posts
    April 7, 2014 2:11 AM EDT

hoods that show your hair

• 77 posts
    April 7, 2014 3:49 AM EDT

Hoods period. Not enough armor sets incorporate hoods or good ones at that.

• 159 posts
    June 24, 2014 7:23 PM EDT

• Better animations!  Spears! Better AI when using stealth!
    • All equipped showing on your person: Like if you have a greatsword, a regular sword and a crossbow, they should all show being sheathed, or stored on your character! 
    • Different styles of Unarmed fighting! 
    • And finally more easy access to roofs and higher places when in large cities and villages!   
    • 134 posts
    June 25, 2014 1:33 AM EDT

Yeah, I'd definitely go for some parkour. We should be able to climb low ledges at the very least, instead of hopping against a rock for an hour trying to get on top. Bethesda should make sure there's multiple places in the world this can be done, and maybe add some small tunnels to crawl through (Sewers maybe?).

• 134 posts
    June 25, 2014 1:35 AM EDT

And Staves that stay on your back, instead of vanishing into Oblivion!

• 134 posts
    June 25, 2014 1:38 AM EDT

Yep , I'd say definitely add some parkour, the locational damage and hoods that adjust to match your armour, instead of awkwardly glitching through it.

• 77 posts
    June 25, 2014 5:07 AM EDT

I desperately want NPCs to react more realistically to acts of aggression. In Zelda: Twilight Princess when you enter towns as essentially a demon wolf, people scream, run away, and hide in their homes. That's all easier to do in a more linear game like Zelda, but it'd be more impressive to see in the multiple towns of the next ES game.

When I attack a guard or townsperson in full daylight, wearing daedric armor, old ladies shouldn't pull out daggers and start attacking me to their inevitable deaths (unless their character is specifically written to be a BAMF). The guards should attack me, other townsfolk, depending on how bold they are, should join the fray, tell a guard, keep their distance, or run away. This would make characters a lot more realistic, especially combined with characters remembering if you've killed their family (a feature from Skyrim).

I'd love to have more movement skills available. Thief and Assassin's Creed-style parkour climbing up buildings would add so much to the thief and assassin play-styles. Imagine if you could climb up someone's weathervane, avoiding detection, and break in through their window. That'd be so atmospheric and fun we'd all be stealing more than usual.

Basically TES VI just needs to take all of the good conversation, NPC reaction, parkour, exploration, locational damage, combat, and magic elements from the rest of gaming and roll them into one wonderful game.

• June 25, 2014 2:11 PM EDT

I want them to bring back the cowl of the gray fox.that was awsome item and it worth it to every thing to get it.

• 4 posts
    June 26, 2014 9:21 AM EDT

Most definitely single player mode :P don't want some more troll party members like i got in ESO

• 163 posts
    June 26, 2014 9:55 AM EDT
    It would be nice to see the people run in terror. What are your thoughts on destroying environment? E.g being able to burn trees, destroy homes.
    • 163 posts
    June 26, 2014 9:57 AM EDT
    That was made by Zenimax. Not the guys who created Morrowwind, Oblivion or Skyrim.
    • 122 posts
    June 26, 2014 10:07 AM EDT

I second this. Disappointed that I didn't see it in Skyrim, honestly.

• 1217 posts
    June 27, 2014 3:21 PM EDT

Scroll crafting. They could mix it with Oblivion spell crafting, and up the costs/quantity of required materials to balance it more. But just being able to craft scrolls would be SO fun for RPs.

I'd also be interested in a magic failure system. Poorly mixed ingredients have a chance to explode, unstable over-enchanted items, and a negative effect for exceeding magicka costs. Something like that could give a spell like equilibrium a passive effect, where if you cast a spell for more magicka then you have, it drains automatically from your health.

• 1217 posts
    July 2, 2014 3:58 PM EDT

Something else that'd be awesome: an intimidation system. If you build up a brutal/dangerous reputation in a town, or faction, you can get away with some open crimes, because people are too afraid to report or detain you.

• 1441 posts
    July 2, 2014 4:16 PM EDT
    That would be awesome, you could play as the leader of a bandit gang, or some kinda drug kingpin, ala Heisenberg.
    • 1217 posts
    July 2, 2014 4:21 PM EDT

Sooo muuuuch roleplay!

• 1441 posts
    July 2, 2014 4:46 PM EDT
    Well, I want capes, and more customization for weapons and armor.