Forums » Elder Scrolls

Favourite Divine

• 33 posts
    February 3, 2014 1:48 AM EST
    What is your favourite Divine and why?
    • 162 posts
    February 3, 2014 2:58 AM EST

"Come to me, Kynareth, for without you, I might not know the mysteries of the world, and so blind and in terror, I might consume and profane the abundance of your beautiful treasures."

My favorite is Kyne, the Nordic Goddess of storm and Mother of Men, also known as Kynareth. My favorite chars are all Nord warriors and this divine suites the best imho. In game the stamina bonus fits them great because my warrior playstyle heavily relies on stamina use.

• 249 posts
    February 3, 2014 3:44 AM EST
    Mage at heart, my favorite divine is Julianos, Father of Logic and Wisdom. I've always loved learning and Julianos represents the virtue of scholarship and continually seeking the truth.

Spoiler: upcoming build from the School of Julianos :)
    • 33 posts
    February 3, 2014 3:46 AM EST
    Wow thank you for your reply. I love hearing about the divines.
    • 33 posts
    February 3, 2014 3:48 AM EST
    That's really cool Alastor! I can't wait to see the build. I can already imagine the black books will play a big part. :)
    • 622 posts
    February 3, 2014 3:48 AM EST

Probably Stendarr, all thanks to my Vigilant playthough.

• 122 posts
    February 3, 2014 4:24 AM EST

I'll have to say Arkay, the god of burials and funeral rites. We have a common dislike for necromancy and the fact that he was once a mortal, while still up for debate, is very intriguing to me. His blessing in Skyrim is also very useful in early levels.

• 49 posts
    February 3, 2014 10:25 AM EST

"Come to me, Zenithar, for without you, like a child, I might fiddle and fret when only through struggle and labor may I craft a work worthy of your name and the name of my patron."

Zenithar is my favorite. God of labor and hard work. The prices thing on the amulet is fine, but it's the lore behind the gods that make them cool. You earn his respect through hard work and perseverance, and I like that about him.

• Jen
    • 88 posts
    February 3, 2014 1:55 PM EST

Mara.....I am all about love, compassion and understanding..... Several of my characters worsip Mara.

• 158 posts
    February 3, 2014 4:48 PM EST

Kyne is definitely my favorite divine - a warrior goddess, goddess of nature and the storm, and giver of the Thu'um, capable of both compassion and smiting?  Absolutely.

• 32 posts
    February 5, 2014 9:28 AM EST
    Malacath. Not technically a daedra as he is outcasted. Once the very respected trinimac defiled and corrupted by being eaten and essentially pooped out by Boethiah turned Trinimac into the much weaker but ever fiercier Malacath.

I love the ferocity of Malacath and I know what being an outsider is all about. I identify with Malacath.
    • 338 posts
    February 5, 2014 9:53 AM EST

Link to the page where you find your birthsign out?

• 9 posts
    February 5, 2014 9:59 AM EST

I have to agree there. Stendarr by far.

• February 5, 2014 10:16 AM EST

Shor. Because the others from "that time" are still around, but he's not. He has become a legend- something to adults scare their little elf children with when they don't behave. "Behave, or Lorkhan will get you!" they tell them. The little children hide under their blankets at night and wet themselves at ever thump they hear, or every noise an animal out side makes. Their imagination runs wild, and they call out for their parents in the night. "Mommy, Daddy! Lorkhan's at my window!" The parents come in and calm the child down saying, "it was just a story. They're all just stories." And the child goes back to sleep, ignoring the tapping at the window. 

The thing is, it's not just a story. 

• 5 posts
    • 185 posts
    February 5, 2014 8:06 PM EST
    Emer Daleroth once said that the Hist and Sithis are the only things worthy of worship and I agree.
    • 48 posts
    February 5, 2014 8:36 PM EST

Talos is mine I have always loved war gods like Ares or Mars or Tyr.