Forums » Elder Scrolls

Which Army Would Be the Best?

• 338 posts
    January 31, 2014 9:18 AM EST

You do realize that I was only kidding? 

But still, if you get into the diplomacy of it and taking over other races, then it really is not going to get anywhere, because everyone could theoretically control everything, and debating about it is better. So, I set the limit to 3 to keep it standard and to avoid the "Well, The Altmer are friends with the Bosmer, so I could get them to help." Because then that makes it 4 against 3. 

There have to be some standards. 

• 6 posts
    January 31, 2014 9:29 AM EST

I would chose Orc, Wood elfves, Argonian. Orcs for the combat abillites and power to take less damage and do more in battle, wood elfves for the archery cababilites and the abilty to call animals to help in a battle, argonia for water breathing and natural ablitiles to adapt and regenarte health.

• 61 posts
    January 31, 2014 2:15 PM EST

i c wut u did dere

• February 1, 2014 3:30 AM EST

Yes but your assumption that you can block me from uniting my troops is kinda misplaced here. If you test our armies on the battlefield in full strength (which was the criterion I chose my races after) it is a different story.

• 104 posts
    February 1, 2014 10:24 AM EST
    No replies? I win?
    • 338 posts
    February 1, 2014 12:28 PM EST

That's why I said to be sure to include geography in your consideration in the OP.

• February 1, 2014 2:43 PM EST

And I did. I just was not aware you could control the whole ocean with your godly navy.

• 338 posts
    February 1, 2014 2:47 PM EST

Not the whole ocean, no. But I can control the area between High Rock and the Summerset Isle rather nicely, or if not, I can at least cause you problems while you try to ship things from one to the other. 

• February 1, 2014 2:58 PM EST

But massing your whole navy to a blockade would negate the Redguards out of the conflict (the Altmer as well). And then tell me how the Nords and the Dunmer will work out their racist conflicts and unite against my Bretons and Orcs? I don't think it "would be a simple matter to conquer High Rock". Except you had more troops in numbers, of course, which might be true or might not be true, I'm not sure lore-wise.

• 338 posts
    February 1, 2014 3:18 PM EST

I said it was a simple matter to take out High Rock because it's surrounded by two of my areas. 

Also, I wasn't talking a blockade. I was talking hit-and-run destruction of your supply ships whenever I found them.

• 12 posts
    February 1, 2014 3:19 PM EST
    1. Bosmer
    2. Orsimer
    3. Dunmer

• 61 posts
    February 1, 2014 3:40 PM EST

Someone takes their shits seriously

• February 1, 2014 3:46 PM EST

I have a thing for the diagram. The orcs are front liners, right? You can't fire arrows on your own guys, so you should probably use them to strengthen your weakest fighters. 

The battlemages' attack will probably not be that effective, and the attack and retreat will just give the enemy time to pick them off. 

On the second diagram, you're opening up yourself to be surrounded. 

• February 2, 2014 12:25 PM EST

But you cannot hit-and-run a whole fleet. See, I'm taking my supply with me. And it does not even matter if you surround me, you still have to beat me. I cannot run away, that is true. But just because you have to countries next to mine does not win you the war.

• February 2, 2014 1:26 PM EST

Orcs, Redguards, Imperials

• 338 posts
    February 2, 2014 4:19 PM EST

Care to give your reasoning?

• February 2, 2014 5:34 PM EST

Redguards suck as disciplined soldiers

• 338 posts
    February 2, 2014 5:40 PM EST

Tell that to the guys who whooped the Dominion.

• February 2, 2014 5:42 PM EST

Freedom fighters, rag tag guerillas. They suck at being legionaries.

• 338 posts
    February 2, 2014 5:46 PM EST

They had ex-Legion commanders. So they were using Legion tactics.

• February 2, 2014 5:49 PM EST
    • 338 posts
    February 2, 2014 5:51 PM EST

Yet they still managed to so what the Empire could not.

• February 2, 2014 5:55 PM EST

What the empire would not

• February 2, 2014 5:58 PM EST

You knew I meant as soldiers

• 49 posts
    February 2, 2014 6:13 PM EST

Three races... Redguards, Imperials and Orcs. Redguards will form the Vanguard of the attack, armed with Medium Armor, Spears and the like. The Imperials are our Battlemages and healers. Orcs will be the all-around fighter, offense or defense.

I could also replace the Orcs with Khajiit, they make good one-handed soldiers and the Senche-Raht would make great fighters, while Suthays would be agile in Heavy Armor.