Forums » Elder Scrolls

Which Army Would Be the Best?

• 338 posts
    January 30, 2014 3:19 PM EST

How are they going to get through Hammerfell's navy?

• 661 posts
    January 30, 2014 3:21 PM EST

Like any other army would. Through force, and tact. Duh!

• 338 posts
    January 30, 2014 3:23 PM EST

Yeah, it isn't that easy. Hammerfell is the the only province in Tamriel that has, in history, proven itself equal to or better than the Summerset Isle in terms of military.

• January 30, 2014 3:24 PM EST

Who says the Hammerfell navy is going to attack? If we are already at war, I will have to alter my plan and march to Hammerfell from two sides and bring them a war on two fronts.

If we are not yet at war, they probably won't attack the High Elves (if our alliance is a secret) and just try to hold their own borders without starting a war that they are not necessarily going to win.

• January 30, 2014 3:25 PM EST

I recommend that you go back and watch some Shoddy cast.

If each will be avoiding the other, then I will burn their  cities, and I will pillage their towns and steal their food. When the women and children cry out in hunger and curse the Legion for being cowards, they will march out and meet us in their shame.  They will be forced to fight. I will dictate the battlefield. I will dictate where we fight and when. And then, when it is all over and done, I will dictate the terms of surrender. 

• January 30, 2014 3:26 PM EST

The Imperials?

• 338 posts
    January 30, 2014 3:30 PM EST

The Empire maybe, but not the Imperials (race). Tiber Septim had both Nord legions and Colovian/Nibenese legions. 

• 338 posts
    January 30, 2014 3:31 PM EST

If it was your Altmer, Bretons, and Orcs against my Redguards, Nords, and Dunmer, my army would crush yours within mere months. 

• January 30, 2014 3:34 PM EST

And why is that? Imagine my Orcs in the vanguard, holding your Redguards and Nords at bay, whilst fireballs, atronachs and daedra are devastating your army from behind. Now tell me again how your army would crush mine.

• 338 posts
    January 30, 2014 3:37 PM EST

Because I have better soldiers, better location, and better strategy. 

High Rock would be surrounded on all sides. Shipments and messages could not be sent between it and Alinor, because I would intercept them. It would be a simple matter to conquer High Rock, and from there, I have pretty much won the war in earnest. 

Hammerfell has proven itself many times in defeating the Altmer. They can do it again. 

And I have just as many daedra, atronachs and fireballs, and the Dunmer are much more ruthless in combat than the Altmer. 

• January 30, 2014 3:48 PM EST

I think you are making this a bit too easy for yourself. You cannot stop my Altmer from getting to High Rock and have the Redguards as troops on the continent. And without the full force of the Hammerfell navy, you cannot stop the Altmer if they come in force. In addition, without the mass of the Redguards on the continent, our armies are pretty even. If I am to defend, I will retreat to my castles which increases your losses in battle. Plus, Dunmer are not as skilled as battlemages as the Breton, Dunmer are more the Nightblade type, which is an advantage for the Bretons. In this war, the attacker will lose IMO.

• 338 posts
    January 30, 2014 3:57 PM EST

@ Pelinal

You couldn't reply to me because the reply chain had moved to far to the right.

Dunmer are not only Nightblade type. Get out of the in-game mode and into the lore mode for a second. The Redoran army is legendary in the east as both warriors and wielders of magic. And do I even need to mention how powerful a Telvanni wizard is? 

• 661 posts
    January 30, 2014 4:00 PM EST

Man why do the Thalmor have to suck. Even their wizards are no match for the Telvanni.

• January 30, 2014 4:05 PM EST

Ok if we are in Lore mode, tell me why shouldn't I use my Altmer to force the Bosmer and Khajiiti to join my forces? Or negotiate with Cyrodiil since the Bretons are also quite the diplomats lore-wise? You could not stand against those and me.

EDIT: Hell, I could even get the Argonians to fight your Dark elves in lore mode

• 39 posts
    January 30, 2014 4:10 PM EST

I thinkthat an alliance between Dark Elves, Nords, and Argonians would be nigh impossible to fight. With the diversity of the Dark elves, the strength of the Nords, and the Guerillawar tactics of the Argonians, the Ebonheart Pact are the best combo possible. Plus, Telvanni Wizards.

• 338 posts
    January 30, 2014 4:58 PM EST

Because it's my thread and I said you only get to pick 3. 

• 8 posts
    January 30, 2014 5:00 PM EST

Not to mention it is terribly hard to interdict a body of water that size. Think I'm with you on this. Orcs would in my eyes be a bonus for setting up temporary fortifications.

• 338 posts
    January 30, 2014 5:02 PM EST

Holy shit, you and Pelinal are twins. 

• 8 posts
    January 30, 2014 5:06 PM EST

Ha... Must have chosen the same pic... :D

• 29 posts
    January 30, 2014 5:55 PM EST

I'm not saying that the Redguards and Nords aren't talented sailors - they are - which makes the Altmer navy even more impressive considering that they destroyed the Redguard navy during the Great War.

• 74 posts
    January 30, 2014 6:59 PM EST
    Altmer, Bosmer, Imperials
    • 29 posts
    January 30, 2014 8:59 PM EST

Altmer, Redguards, Imperials.

Altmer: Mages/Battlemages, tacticians

Redguards: Scouts, warriors/archers

Imperials: Foot soldiers, Battlemages, tacticians

You'd have the best navy in all Tamriel, allowing you to sail around the world and flank your enemies.

Cyrodiil will provide your army with a steady stream of food and troops. It also gives you access to half of Tamriel, allowing you to move your army with relative safety.

Alinor will be your headquarters, as it is protected by water and a very good navy. Gives you access to the coasts of Valenwood and Elsweyr.

Hammerfell offers a path into Skyrim and High Rock.

Although the Altmer are brilliant strategists, they are unable to adapt, therefore there will always be an Imperial tactician with the command group to advise the Altmer in situations where adaptive planning is necessary.

I think this group would be pretty powerful.

• 39 posts
    January 31, 2014 7:18 AM EST

Schooled!

• January 31, 2014 8:37 AM EST

Ok threadmaster, if this argumentation counts, you would win with anything against everyone because it is your thread.

I'm out.

• January 31, 2014 9:11 AM EST

Impersonator! Get him!