Forums » General Gaming

Dragon Age Origins?

• 1913 posts
    January 10, 2014 1:54 PM EST
    Have you seen the trailer and gameplay from the alpha?! The alpha is way better and bigger than DA2's final product...
    • 1913 posts
    January 10, 2014 2:02 PM EST
    Also, everyone... Quit blaming Bioware... It was EA that restricted them by time, so they had to rush the product and leave it less than stellar... This has been the case for both DA2 and ME3... This time they had EA give them the necessary time for their game, they even pushed the game back a year to give them extra time...
    • 1483 posts
    January 10, 2014 2:02 PM EST

^ This ^

• January 10, 2014 2:11 PM EST

I recently repurchase the game so I could play it again. I also bought the second one and the origins expansions. all worth playing my good sir!

• 1483 posts
    January 10, 2014 2:28 PM EST

Hmm, I don't agree with you, but OK 

• Jen
    • 88 posts
    January 10, 2014 2:31 PM EST

I definitely agree that it was EA pushing them to release it too quickly that was the problem, there were really good things about the game. And honestly, I was pretty pleased with ME 3, and MOST of the issues I did have with it were addressed with the Extended Cut (and plus, Citadel DLC made me happy). It does seem like they are taking a lot of the criticism to heart, and trying to find a nice balance between DA:O and DA 2, and it has the potential to be outstanding. I am preordering. DA 2 didn't let me down nearly as much as it did some others. 

• 1483 posts
    January 10, 2014 2:44 PM EST

On every next game being worse. It was definitely not the case with Mass Effect, at least in my opinion

• 15 posts
    January 10, 2014 3:30 PM EST
    Very timely, DA2 on PC is less than $5 today at gamefly. http://www.dealzon.com/deals/dragon-age-2?ref=deal_newsletter#dragon-age-2-pc-download
    • 51 posts
    • 111 posts
    January 11, 2014 3:16 AM EST

Agree with Vazgen. For me Mass Effect series was in the old tradition - each successive game was better than the last right up to the ending. For me that (apart from maybe one option) was where the game shot itself in the foot

• 34 posts
    January 11, 2014 4:12 AM EST

I played DA:2 first and loved it so much I bought Origins and played that.

I don't see why people hate DA2 so much, I think it's the best one out of the two of them. The combat is so much better, the characters too, and the main character actually has a voice! It adds so much more to the game, I think. I just hate you can't pick to be an elf or dwarf (if no one realises, elves are my favourite in everything). But I like the characters in DA2 more than in Origins. Alistair is the only one I like in Origins, whereas DA2 I love Isabela, Fenris, Anders, and Varric equally. But mostly Isabela (shhh).

But definitely get Origins, and then DA2, and then Inquisition, and love them all!!! Bioware has a knack for creating amazing games. 

Now I want to play Mass Effect again. 

EDIT: I FORGOT ABOUT ZEVRAN I AM SO BAD Zevran is an angel

• 111 posts
    January 11, 2014 4:47 AM EST

I don't hate DA2! Unlike you, I just think that it was In the Mass Effect sense, a little disappointing. I guess for me it's a bit like having the finale of a fireworks display at the start rather than at the end. The later fireworks are still worth watching but not quite as impressive. I'm holding out hope for a much improved DA3 though and looking forward to playing it (assuming my pc meets the minimum requirements)

I have one criticism in an RPG sense of DAO and it is in the Awakening expansion.  I think you should only be playing that as a human as you do in DA2. The reason for that has to do with the politics and culture of Ferelden