Forums » Elder Scrolls

Restart Main Questline?

• 6 posts
    August 9, 2013 3:01 PM EDT

I used the coc command to port me past the intro at the very start of the game because I was just testing some mods... turns out I stuck with that character, doing sidequests and exploring. Well, now I realize that I can't learn any shouts or even see a dragon.

Is there any way I can start over but keep my character and all that I've done so far? I assumed there would be a console command that would allow me to just jump in at any stage of the storyline but I can't get anything to work. The only command that seemed to actually work was 'saq' though it all happened so fast it would just crash my game.

Someone save me? :(

• 47 posts
    August 9, 2013 4:03 PM EDT
    Reload the save with the old character
    • 69 posts
    August 9, 2013 7:14 PM EDT

Use the command player.setstage, or something like that, and set it to a quest in the main line. If you search on uesp you will probably find your answer

• 1483 posts
    August 9, 2013 7:22 PM EDT

First use command "sqs questID" where questID is the ID for the quest. You can find list of IDs here. This is done to get what stage are you at. The not yet completed stages will have value of 0. After that you use "setstage questID questStage" command to set the quest to the needed stage. The stages are documented on the pages of corresponding quests (list of them is linked above).

• 6 posts
    August 9, 2013 9:17 PM EDT

thanks guys, setstage worked, was kinda confusing getting all the digits right but so far I'm back on the main quest again :D

• 1483 posts
    August 9, 2013 9:20 PM EDT
    Awesome! :)