Forums » Elder Scrolls

Whats better for Skyrim? DEBATE!

• July 25, 2013 1:54 PM EDT

Based on what evidence?

• 18 posts
    July 25, 2013 1:54 PM EDT

I disagree. If he had initiated the challenge he would have had the right but.. He just walked in no warning and bam killed the kid.. But remember NORD tradition is what caused a truce and what helped you win.

• 966 posts
    July 25, 2013 1:56 PM EDT

If a beard makes someone adult I was adult at 13.

Brains over brawn, especially when ruling a country. Personal strength has very little to do with leading a country.

• July 25, 2013 1:56 PM EDT

Considering he could have fought, like Hammer fell did, like you said, they pushed the from Cyrodiil. Then they signed a one sided treaty. I call that giving up. I call that surrender. There wouldn't even need to be a Second Great War if Mede would have just finished his job. 

• 966 posts
    July 25, 2013 1:57 PM EDT

In the TES universe, almost everyone can become a god, if he's worshiped enough, he'll get power.

• 18 posts
    July 25, 2013 1:57 PM EDT

He was a kid in many ways. HE had just arisen and Ulfric used to be best friends with his father that shows how much Ulfric really holds gallantry and loyalty.

• July 25, 2013 2:00 PM EDT

You had a full beard at 13? You're a freak, and I don't believe you.  Torygg was a man. In his mid to late twenties probably. 

• 18 posts
    July 25, 2013 2:00 PM EDT

Also what did killing High King Toric prove? I mean all he was was the one that kept communes between Cyrodill and skyrim?

• 18 posts
    July 25, 2013 2:02 PM EDT

No need to call any one a freak this is a debate not an argument keep the personal things out of this please. No one is here to be your enemy.

• July 25, 2013 2:02 PM EDT

It was a symbol that Skyrim ruled Empire is weak. 

• 966 posts
    July 25, 2013 2:04 PM EDT

I'm part Scottish.

And his age doesn't make it any less retarded.

• July 25, 2013 2:05 PM EDT

I know. I'm arguing for the Stormcloaks, even though the Empire has a better shot of taking down the elves. 

But, I completely understand where the the Stormclaoks are coming from. I don't think they're wrong. 

• 4 posts
    July 25, 2013 2:07 PM EDT

Do not forget the assassination on Emperor Titus Mede II on Skyrim's ground.

Is this for Empire, Stormcloaks or Thalmor's favor?

Will Empire not be wreaked by the dead of the Emperor or will that strength the Empire with a new king? 

Why do Amaund Motierre from the Elder Council want to hired a Dark Brotherhood assassin to kill a Emperor.

Maybe it's their plan to strengthen the Empire with the Emperor's dead?

• July 25, 2013 2:07 PM EDT

Ow! Lex, ya cut me deep! 

• July 25, 2013 2:09 PM EDT

You should see a doctor...

It's not retarded, Skyrim was weak and complacent under Imperial rule. They've thrown away cultural identity and what it means to be Nords. 

Taking out that symbol isn't retarded. That's what I call a start.  

• July 25, 2013 2:10 PM EDT

They want a change in Imperial policy, he says it himself. 

• 18 posts
    July 25, 2013 2:10 PM EDT

Amond would of been Ulfrics best friend both power hungry bigots.

• 966 posts
    July 25, 2013 2:12 PM EDT

The tradition to kill the High King is retarded.

Skyrim is weaker now than it was before. Under Imperial rule it was prospering, and the Nords always kept their own culture. untill the deal with Talos, but that's only one (temporary) thing. They should consider themselves lucky.

Also, I saw a doctor not too long ago. I was healthy, wich suprised almost everyone.

• 490 posts
    July 25, 2013 2:14 PM EDT

Killing a weak ruler? What are they trying to copy the Orcs?

• July 25, 2013 2:14 PM EDT
    Hmm, but replacing it with the man who has the foresight of a fruit fly ain't a good idea. Ulfric is skilled in short-term planning (politically and in a battle), he's proven that. It's long-term where he suffers (talk to him in Sovngarde).
  • July 25, 2013 2:15 PM EDT

I don't get personal, I don't think. What's straw man about it? I'm not winning or losing, because both the Stormcloaks and Empire are right. 

• July 25, 2013 2:19 PM EDT

If the Empire did better, Skyrim wouldn't be divided. 

The Nords are tiered of the crap, and the Empire wants them to deal with more crap. 

I'd be at my limit too. 

• July 25, 2013 2:19 PM EDT

Skyrim has a backbone now, which is more than the Empire can say. 

• 19 posts
    July 25, 2013 2:22 PM EDT

Well this debate snowballed quickly

Empire is best Empire. Which isn't saying much. *flies away*

• July 25, 2013 2:22 PM EDT

ha, I chuckled. Clever. But, think about it. Neither side is wrong. The Empire needs to be united. The Nords have been pushed too much, and it's time to act.