Forums » Elder Scrolls

Whats better for Skyrim? DEBATE!

• July 25, 2013 1:22 PM EDT

Yes she did, and Tullius checked her. Where did he say that? If that's true, they should have done it before a long time ago. 

• 966 posts
    July 25, 2013 1:24 PM EDT

It was a suprise attack, tactics meant nothing, they held as long as they could and never fled, showing their discipline. Also, the fact that the Empire pushed the AD out of Cyrodiil shows their genius.

• 966 posts
    July 25, 2013 1:25 PM EDT

Have you even played the Imperial side of the civil war?

• July 25, 2013 1:26 PM EDT

Yes. I've done both

• 18 posts
    July 25, 2013 1:29 PM EDT

I do when they thought I had something to do with Ulfrics rebellion. That was like a cancer situation they were trying to cut it all out.

• July 25, 2013 1:30 PM EDT

Talos isn't even a God... just some dude who got glorified to the point of looking like a God much like ancient emperors.

• July 25, 2013 1:34 PM EDT

Tactics mean everything ESPECIALLY in a surprise attack. They are your best weapon against surprise. How you rebound, how they counter attack, it's like that kind of tactics.

They pushed them out of Cyrodiil, but signed a surrender? So much for genius. 

• 966 posts
    July 25, 2013 1:35 PM EDT

No he's actually a god. Just not a divine.

• 4 posts
    July 25, 2013 1:37 PM EDT

Not just in the intro.

In Solitude, you will meet Roggvir, a past townguard.

He get his head copped of for opening of gate, so Ulfric can escape. Is that a fair trial?

I think Imperial copper him of because they want to give Stormcloaks a lesson

• 966 posts
    July 25, 2013 1:38 PM EDT

You're not really getting it.

I meant tactics as in defending against the initial attack.

They used superior tactics to drive out the Thalmor, and had to sign the treaty because they needed peace. Their war capacity was gone, war exhaustion was through the roof, their major cities looted, no legion above 50%. They needed time, the treaty gave them that time, and war will soon be upon us.

• July 25, 2013 1:38 PM EDT

it didn't work

• 490 posts
    July 25, 2013 1:39 PM EDT

Treaty =/= surrender...

• 966 posts
    July 25, 2013 1:40 PM EDT

It's high treason, and that is punishable by death. So yeah, it's fair.

• 18 posts
    July 25, 2013 1:41 PM EDT

Thats quite ignorant to say I am sorry. The reason Rogvir dies is he committed an act of treason letting the murderer of High King Toric go free. If he had shut that gate and fought Ulfric none of the many nords that died would have died.

• 966 posts
    July 25, 2013 1:42 PM EDT

You can reply to comments directly, makes it easier for the rest of us.

• July 25, 2013 1:43 PM EDT

I am getting it. 

And that's stupid. 

"I won! I'm not feeling so good, but I'm gonna sign a surrender anyway!" 

That's just stupid. They should have done an armistice, or a peace treaty, not a freaking surrender. 

Titus Mede was weak. 

• 18 posts
    July 25, 2013 1:44 PM EDT

Yea sorry didn't mean to reply separately like that. Talk about ignorant I have no room to speak sorry mate.

• July 25, 2013 1:44 PM EDT

It wasn't murder. It was fair combat. 

• 490 posts
    July 25, 2013 1:45 PM EDT
    • 966 posts
    July 25, 2013 1:46 PM EDT

It's not a surrender. The treaty was in the AD's advantage, yes. But the AD wasn't going to offer anything else since they had an exellent defensive position, and the Empire couldn't go on the offense.

Titus Mede actually had brains.

• July 25, 2013 1:47 PM EDT

The White-Gold Concordat is a surrender. It's totally one sided.

Don't tell me to get educated, son! I'm the professor!  

• 966 posts
    July 25, 2013 1:48 PM EDT

No, no you're not.

A treaty can be one sided, doesn't make it a surrender. Biiiig difference.

• 18 posts
    July 25, 2013 1:49 PM EDT

He shouted a KID apart. FUSRODAED a kid to sovrengarde.. Plus he challenged him during a court and didn't initiate a challenge just walked in a killed him.

• 966 posts
    July 25, 2013 1:51 PM EDT

The very idea of killing a king to become king, by walking up to him and killing him, is something only the most backwards of civilizations ever had. It's utterly retarded.

Besides, Skyrim is part of the Empire, and has to live by it's laws. He broke one of those laws, regardless of dumb ancient Nord traditions.

• July 25, 2013 1:54 PM EDT

So, once again, the Empire doesn't respect Nord ways. They aren't backwards. If the king isn't strong, he needs to be removed. Kill the king, you're stronger than a king and fit to rule. 

And he wasn't a kid. He had a beard.