Forums » General Gaming

Xbox 360 and games like Skyrim

• 1483 posts
    April 25, 2013 5:41 PM EDT

Aren't next-gen consoles expected next year? Won't it be better to buy the next-gen in the first place?

• 34 posts
    April 25, 2013 5:49 PM EDT

Yes, steam is cheaper. I got Hitman: Absolution a little less than 2 months ago for $10. Pre-Orders are better to. $49.99 for Metro: Last Light (44.99 if you own Metro 2033). Used game also don't give money back to the developers, while steam sales do. Their only real advantage is they do have fixed prices though, meaning when a game is not on sale on steam, some times a used game can be a little cheaper. There was this person who went over his steam purchases and found out he saved $3007.63 by showing how much he got it for, compared to how much it was full price at the time of purchase. So that $3000 money back is much better than he would have been getting from consoles.

• April 25, 2013 5:54 PM EDT

The consoles usually need a year or so to grow out of all the initial bugs and stuff before they become solid machines. Or so it has been the past few gens. Could be different this time ofcourse. Also they usually drop in price fast. I need something to game on until then I suppose and I have the option to horde alot of games for cheap while they are busy bringing out new games for the new console. Which will also be cheap by the time I buy it. But there is still so little known about the new xbox that its too soon to say.

• April 25, 2013 5:56 PM EDT

Yeah but look how much shit PS3 players had to endure for Skyrim. Is there any place I can read this published exclusives list?

• April 25, 2013 5:58 PM EDT

And there's also that.

• 25 posts
    April 25, 2013 7:37 PM EDT

And the new Xbox won't be backwards compati

• 377 posts
    April 25, 2013 7:48 PM EDT

You're PC friends are right. Learn how to build a PC and you'll be set for life.

• April 26, 2013 5:05 AM EDT

That is true but they are going keep 360 in production for much longer. They were already planning for an entry level Xbox but now that they are confirmed to go x86 they were talking about something like a new revamped 99 dollar 360. Either way it's pretty safe to assume the 360 online service won't be discontinued like the original xbox' service was when 360 was released. So I'm not all too worried about this. 360 will have some more years left in its lifespan and I will then hop over to 720 when the good titles start appearing. Usually any good game designer will want to wait a few years before releasing their flagship title onto a new gen console to ensure they have mastered making games for the console and the console itself is also bugfree and in its prime.

• April 26, 2013 5:28 AM EDT

I do know how to build a PC and I'm actually quite good at it. Been doing it for 10 years. However life has changed, got my own place, have to pay for school and need to pay many other stuff. I cannot spend as much on pc's as I used to do when I lived at home. People who are saying you don't need to upgrade every two years are either no hardcore online gamers (like mmo players) or they think that if they have 100 fps on low or medium their pc is easily running the game. I'm not a 60 fps elitist but for me running the game well means it runs on high with no lag. I also played alot of MMO's where there is alot of rendering (huge world, objects, 100's of people at once). Even something with a crappy graphic quality like WOW requires a very decent pc to run everything on max. Games like these emerge on new engines every few years and every new engine the games are built on imo requires a new pc to be able to enjoy and play the game to its fullest. When you get a console + a nice tv the games still look stunning but there is never even an issue wether or not you can run it, if there is lag or if its stutters. The games are designed at its core to be ran at millions of clones of the same device. It will always offer the same for any game I buy. And it's dirt cheap in comparison to pc's.

• 952 posts
    April 26, 2013 6:44 AM EDT
    Wait, hold on. You play MMO's? You do realise that there is not a single MMO available on consoles right? Unless Defiance or whatever it is called came out for consoles which I'm not sure of, if so, it would be the first one.
  • April 26, 2013 6:57 AM EDT

I do but my current pc isn't dead yet, when I feel like playing wow once in a while or wanna participate in a new raid tier I'll simply subscribe for 1-2 months then quit again.