Forums » Elder Scrolls

Pure Aesthetics: Which Race Makes the Best Looking Vampire?

• 17 posts
    April 6, 2013 10:23 AM EDT

I am about to run through the DG main quest as a vamp. Which race do you think makes the best looking vampire. I know all about a vampire's weakness and which races would be helpful to overcome them. This is all about pure aesthetics.

Vanity, vanity--I figure, if you're going to be immortal, you might as well look good.

• 1913 posts
    April 6, 2013 10:34 AM EDT
    High elf or nord for me... I tried with a wood elf... They already looked like goblins, they didn't need the extra stuff as a vampire... Orcs, barely noticed a change other than the eyes.
    • 490 posts
    April 6, 2013 10:42 AM EDT
    Imperials for me. Their racial power just fits and the look is perfect for a vampire.
    • 28 posts
    April 6, 2013 10:51 AM EDT
    I'm going to say Breton, it's a fun contradiction when a highly respected race has a vampire :)
  • April 6, 2013 10:52 AM EDT
    Oh, I disagree wholeheartedly, Bosmer vampires look badass with the glowing eyes, just throw in a mohawk and bam! :P

I also agree with Henson about the Imperials.
  • April 6, 2013 10:53 AM EDT

I Would say the Dark Elf is Best for a vampire because of it's resistance to fire but for me a breton looks the best. I would,nt go with wood elf they look a bit bit weird

• 253 posts
    April 6, 2013 11:11 AM EDT

Altmer for sure. I am playing a High Elven Vampire currently and he look great (the build should be up within a week!).

• 1483 posts
    April 6, 2013 3:03 PM EDT

Surprised nobody mentioned Dunmer! Altmer look cool too though...

• 409 posts
    April 6, 2013 3:06 PM EDT
    Dunmer are cool but they do not change to much most times. Nords are the best I think.
    • 1483 posts
    April 6, 2013 3:09 PM EDT

Does orcs change at all? Aside from the glowing eyes?

• 1595 posts
    April 6, 2013 3:14 PM EDT

What is the Skyrim name for a mohawk? Should it be called a boshawk from now on?

• 661 posts
    April 6, 2013 3:25 PM EDT

Altmer look like tall Dunmer when they are Vampires, and Khajiit have an appearance that comes off as that they are just far more wild then other Khajiit.

I say Imperials. I have made an awesome looking Pimp named Lord Vinec Murruso.

Here's my awesome looking Vampire.

• 1 posts
    April 6, 2013 3:40 PM EDT

Avoid Argonian's - while they're my favorite race, I prefer the darker skin. Also, the tiny fangs that Argonian vampires get is just disgraceful...

• 490 posts
    April 6, 2013 7:13 PM EDT

Nice! Looks awesome. Good weapon choice too!

• 490 posts
    April 6, 2013 7:14 PM EDT

Bosmer vampires! They are indeed awesome. Sometimes a heavily underrated race.

• 12 posts
    April 6, 2013 7:25 PM EDT

I would have to say either a dark Elf or High Elf I have done the dawnguard DLC twice already I was a vampire using a High Elf and they look cool when they are vampires but that's my opinion

• 661 posts
    April 6, 2013 9:04 PM EDT

Sorry it took me so long to reply to this, but I, with this character, went down the road of the Blade. He is all Samurai, but with a Vampiric twist.

Plus he had an invisible shield, so I was able to literally muscle people to the ground with him.

Also, he was a Voice, I made him Master the Thu'um. Fuck I had so much fun with this Character. If I had Dragonborn on my Brother's X-Box. I'd have the Champion's Cudgel. Because he was the Champ for the Legion. The thing is I hate Legion, anything that follows after the influence of the Roman Legion in my books suck, well except good ole Lord Vinec Murruso.

• 661 posts
    April 6, 2013 9:05 PM EDT

henson, I made that Blade do damage over a 1000, it was AMAZING!

• 661 posts
    April 6, 2013 9:08 PM EDT

They all look like tall Dunmer. I was thinkin, someone should do a build that says that they use an Altmer Vampire but really say its a tall Dunmer. They have the same voice anyhow.

• 159 posts
    April 6, 2013 9:46 PM EDT

Khajiit or argorian vampire because they get awesome saber cat like fangs! epic!