Forums » General Gaming

Dragon's Dogma - Charlie's trip down the blood stained yellow br

• 342 posts
    May 25, 2012 6:34 PM EDT

oh yeah that music rocks hmm i'll see if i can find it

here its is and the vid pretty much shows most of which i've already stated but for technicality's sake spoilerly video is spoilerly but has rocking tunes.

• 577 posts
    May 25, 2012 8:38 PM EDT

Oh man!! LOL! I got to buy this NOW! I'm sold! I was totally bobbin' my head to that and saying out loud "Hell yeah!" lol.....Party music right there! Most excellent....cha..

• 342 posts
    May 25, 2012 8:46 PM EDT

oooo some DLC packs were just announced gonna see what's what

• 132 posts
    May 25, 2012 10:59 PM EDT

The first time I loaded up the game, I was thinking, "piano solo, sure" and started putting in my code for the starting 2000 rift crystals. All of a sudden this crazy japanese metal stuff comes on, I felt like I was doing something wrong by not doing something more epic than downloading

• 342 posts
    May 25, 2012 11:25 PM EDT

haha yeah i was thinking something along the lines of final fantasy was totally blown away it was awesome.

• 342 posts
    May 27, 2012 9:31 AM EDT

I seriously need to leash my pawns, they run around smashing up everyone's stuff and stealing their monies, not to mention the rush to be the first one to pick up the loot.

playing an archer is not the best thing to do while your sick you can't aim to shit when you keep sneezing :P

• 57 posts
    May 27, 2012 10:24 AM EDT

I switched from assassin to magical archer its lot better now and i just came across a Chimera and a bunch of lizards .Tried 3 times but i cant defeat them the chimera kills me with a single punch. Also the bandits are quite overpowered. 

• 342 posts
    May 27, 2012 10:31 AM EDT

yeah i've found some of the monsters really tough, i generally avoid the chimeras cyclops are no problem now and i've just reccently taken down my first griffin :D it almost flew away with me.

I've stuck to the strider class for now as i love the Implicate/ensnare ability to trip up multiple people works great against casters shield bearers and two handed weapon weilders in breaking their casting and power attacks so i can whale on them with hundred kisses.

• 132 posts
    May 27, 2012 12:00 PM EDT

I switched to Ranger, and it's awesome. You can get an ability called Sixfold arrows, which does 6 times the amount of damage in one shot, and it upgrades to 10x. At level 30, I killed a cyclops in about 30 seconds. Arrows are BAWSE.

• 57 posts
    May 27, 2012 1:03 PM EDT

can i get your pawn through xbox live or you are playing offline?

• 132 posts
    May 27, 2012 4:46 PM EDT

Send me a friendvite, my GT is Herculeswill22. That way you can get it for free. She's a level 30 Fighter.

• 57 posts
    May 27, 2012 4:54 PM EDT

Ok thx mate 

• 132 posts
    May 27, 2012 5:31 PM EDT

I expect you to return the favor if you get higher level than me :P I'm on for a bit right now if you want me to accept the request, if not it might be late tomorrow before I can get on xbox.

• 57 posts
    May 28, 2012 5:50 AM EDT

Sure 

• 342 posts
    June 6, 2012 1:27 AM EDT

i'm now lvl 47 and kicking ass as a magical archer nothing can hide from my honing arrows :D

• 773 posts
    June 11, 2012 8:56 AM EDT

I picked up a used copy of this last week and have been playing it extensively

Charlie's excellent review covers the main points so I won't repeat them. It's a fast-paced fun game which I'm having a lot of fun with. Not quite as open world as it seems at first with various 'invisible walls' created by the terrain and even the sea, but it feels spacious and epic in scope.

I'm not really sure about the combat especially with a part of pawns it seems like a mess of people hacking away. I think I might start over with a magic character so I can stand back from combat and cast spells whilst my (combat-orientated) pawns do the close up fighting.

And the pawns can be a bit annoying with their constant chatter, which does get repetitive after a bit.

The other thing that seems odd is the lack of any kind of travel system. Do I really want to trek all the way across the map to fulfil a quest? Hmmm 

Overall though it seems like an enjoyable romp. My only issue at the moment is that having mainlined on Skyrim and Kingdoms of Amalur I might be a bit burned out on fantasy RPG for the moment. I'm thinking of putting it to one side for a while, and playing something else for a while. I'll then come back fresh to Dragons Dogma in a few weeks time when I've experienced something a bit different.

• 342 posts
    June 11, 2012 9:09 AM EDT

lol yeah the combat can seem a bit chaotic  a magic archer, ranger or the mage/sorcerer classes will let you take a back seat to the in your face part of the combat.

in most inns and one of the rest camps that i've found so far have a "knowledge chair" its the one with the curly armrests sit in this and have a chat to your pawn and you can change how she/he will behave don't like the talking? you can change how much they'll talk/how they talk/ and how they behave in combat (attacking things. protecting you, looting stuff etc)

there is a travel system of sorts but it is a little lacking. its called ferry stones you can either buy 3 of them from fravital? eh rich fat guy in the noble quarter for 10k each or unlimited from the black cat in the vanery  for 20k each. they can only teleport you back to the pawnguild in Gran Soren (and later on various other points when you get Portcrystals) the idea is cause the map is small (in comparison to most games *cough Skyrim cough* that half the adventure is battling your way to your destination.

• 238 posts
    August 23, 2012 7:58 PM EDT

sounds to me like theres waaay to many enemies........

• 67 posts
    September 11, 2012 5:54 PM EDT

Can I send you a friend request? My GT is (currently) IrishMagicZebra. :)

• 67 posts
    November 29, 2012 4:50 PM EST

I'm really glad I bought this game. Allows me to have something else to do besides Skyrim and Sims 3