Forums » Elder Scrolls

this is probably a stupid question

• 15 posts
    May 23, 2012 8:32 PM EDT

I don't play MMO's, in all seriousness I don't play a lot of videogames.  I'll play Wii sports games with my friends and family, and I play Mario Kart just for the nostalgia.  However, when I was in high school my mother bought me Morrowind GOTY because she saw all the awards on the package and figured it was good... needless to say I've been hooked on Elder Scrolls since, its basically the only video game I play.  

That being said, I've been reading about Elder Scrolls Online and watching the interviews on Game Informer, and it seems like it might turn out to be a really good game.  I cannot stress how little I know about MMO's, so if these are stupid questions then my bad...

Can I play it on a Mac, games are always called PC when they're on a computer and I honestly don't know if it would work on a Mac?

Do I have to play with headphones and a mic and listen to a bunch of random people yelling and talking the whole time?

Is there a way to play Single Player? Would that still be fun?

I know the game wont be out for a while but I figured these are general enough that someone here might know... any input would help, thanks.

• 28 posts
    May 23, 2012 8:48 PM EDT

Not a massive MMO player myself but I'd take a guess that you'd probably be able to play on a Mac yeah...I mean you can play WoW on a Mac I think so would make sense.

Guessing you'll be able to turn everybody else off or something like how you can on Xbox live, maybe you can just have it so you only talk to your friends? But since its going to be multiplayer based I'm presuming you'll have to talk to somebody at some point.

As for single player I guess the only way to do that will to just go off on your own and do your own things, but like I said above you're going to have to talk to others at some point.

I'm personally avoiding this game, I was always loved the Elder Scrolls because the world couldn't really function without me and I was all important hah.

• 773 posts
    May 24, 2012 3:11 AM EDT

1. Unknown at present time

2. You won't need to use headphones, but the other players will presumably be there in a chat window or similar.

3. From what we know there will be some sort of single player campaign, but at some point your going to run into other players.

• 577 posts
    May 24, 2012 6:37 AM EDT

I've never played MMO's. They just look like huge food fights to me! lol

• 297 posts
    May 24, 2012 7:06 AM EDT

1.  it has been already announced that this title is coming to both pc and mac

2. all mmo's have a function too turn off team speak so no you dont have to listen too people (though it is advised for boss fights for strategy etc. otherwise your just ruining the experience for others as you wont be communicating,and for the record i have played many hours in many mmo's and have never heard random people yelling so you should be fine mate)

3. This game in particular will have a strong view towards delivering a very comprehensive single player experience matt firur the head guy has said that a lot of the main quest can be played as one person and boss fights will be instanced so you can play them by yourself also they are working to give a traditional feel of the scrolls so that your story is your own and you feel your making your own path in this world, but this is an mmo so to play it properly you will be joining up with groups for certain boss's that will be in the open-world and the pvp sounds amazing honestly this game is making some serious advancements in this field ,

a lot of the people comparing this game to wow or calling it a wow clone really have not bothered to research the mechanics and innovation zenimax online has instilled in this project its really quite exciting hope too see you ingame,

• 773 posts
    May 24, 2012 7:56 AM EDT

1.  it has been already announced that this title is coming to both pc and mac

I stand corrected. If I can hop between my Macbook and my PC this makes the game much more appealing to me 

• 15 posts
    May 24, 2012 12:18 PM EDT

thanks guys... maybe i will try it out