• 271 posts
    May 18, 2012 3:19 PM EDT
    Yep, what do you do?
    • 377 posts
    May 18, 2012 3:21 PM EDT

I pick flowers.

• 952 posts
    May 18, 2012 3:30 PM EDT
    I get Thalmor robes and go get Treasure map 1.
    • 54 posts
    May 18, 2012 6:04 PM EDT

Embershard Mine

• 140 posts
    May 18, 2012 6:13 PM EDT

Guardian Stones as quickly as possible.

• 739 posts
    May 18, 2012 6:24 PM EDT
    Thats my little route as well! hehe!
    • 140 posts
    May 18, 2012 6:47 PM EDT

You know, I still cannot find that Talos shrine and I have created about six characters so far!  Maybe when I roll the King of Worms then I will have the luck!  

• 952 posts
    May 18, 2012 6:50 PM EDT

Here, this should help you, read the comments, I explained the road a bit and posted a hopefully helpfull screenie there.

http://theskyrimblog.ning.com/photo/2012-04-20-00011?context=user

• 708 posts
    May 18, 2012 6:54 PM EDT

Mine's a little more complex, this is what I use on most of my characters to kickstart Smithing

>Bandit Camp just off the road as you come out, take Treasure Map I
    >Guardian Stones
    >Embershard Mine
    >Back to Guardian Stones
    >Kill the Hunter near the Guardian Stones (if not playing a lawful good character), steal all his hides and mine the ore there
    >Go back up to the bandit camp
    >Mine the 3 Corundum veins just above it
    >If I'm playing a mage, off to the Talos shrine, otherwise on to Riverwood

• 140 posts
    May 18, 2012 6:54 PM EDT

Aww, Dieter, thanks so much!  I appreciate that and will use this next time I am over there!  

• 856 posts
    May 18, 2012 9:24 PM EDT

I nearly always visit Riverwood first, to sell and get supplies.  After that, it depends on the character.  Some stay near riverwood - exploring near their adopted town, others go onward to Whiterun or other civilized places, while some head off to mine, others explore caves; just depends on the character... With different characters, I've gone in every direction I can think of.

• 577 posts
    May 18, 2012 9:43 PM EDT

I've only left Helgen four times. Didn't have a pattern. Did the bandit camp, iced the hunter camped by the river, gardian stone, made myself confortable at Anises Cabin, went to Riverwood.....that's from what I remember. I'm sure I'd have a routine if I've done it 100+ times.

• 14 posts
    May 19, 2012 3:30 AM EDT

I jump into the river to get cleaned, remove the stench of the Foul Worm . I suppose it's the only way to take a bath in Skyrim. And I also catch some little fish.

• Con
    • 41 posts
    May 19, 2012 9:17 PM EDT

Get the paralysis staff and then the flaming familar spell.

• 5 posts
    May 23, 2012 10:32 AM EDT

Make a cup of coffee and wander off in the direction of Falkreath after visiting the Mage, Thief or Warrior stone.  Recently though I find I'm using the 'coc qasmoke' cheat to the test room to grab the skeleton key and a nice bow or sword first which is cheating I know but it doesn't stop me enjoying the game. 

• 13 posts
    May 23, 2012 11:37 PM EDT

kill everyone lol

• 60 posts
    May 24, 2012 9:05 PM EDT

If it's a magic based character, I'll go to winterhold. If not, then I explore regions based on the type of character it is. I usually save the main questline for last.

• Con
    • 41 posts
    June 6, 2012 8:45 PM EDT

How can you not find the shrine of Talos? There is one sitting in Whiterun that you have to walk by as you go to talk to the Jarl!

• 3 posts
    June 7, 2012 7:53 AM EDT

I usually clear the bandit camp, then jump down to the guardian stones and run to Embershard Mine, then Riverwood

• 62 posts
    June 8, 2012 12:09 PM EDT

Different one.

• 17 posts
    June 8, 2012 12:45 PM EDT

Guardian Stones, Riverwood for supplies and to start smithing, then often to Whiterun to get my Dragon Shouts started and set up a base at Breezehome. From there it varies much more.

• 9 posts
    June 8, 2012 2:12 PM EDT

Hahaha those poor bandits, what a terrible place for their little camp 

I try to pick a different "main" city for each of my characters and head straight for it ASAP, as in, I even skip the Embershard mine. I had a lot of fun with a character who started in Markarth at around level 3, and there are lots of little easy/fun little quests around Falkreath as well, which you can easily run to right from the Guardian Stones.

If you're looking to jump start your smithing, the orc blacksmith in Markarth is marriage material, and she's a smithing trainer. You pay her for training and then sell all your loot to her since she now has a big stash of (your) money.  Her house sucks though, we can't get any time alone together with her brother and her apprentice always hanging around!!!

• 9 posts
    June 20, 2012 5:01 PM EDT

The first thing I always do is sell my stuff at the Riverwood Trader and do Bleak Falls Barrow.  It's easy money and helps me complete 2 quests.

• 11 posts
    July 30, 2012 11:59 PM EDT

Yes!

• 285 posts
    September 14, 2012 7:52 AM EDT
    Almost exactly my route!