Forums » Elder Scrolls

BLAH Don't do the Markarth city quest OMG!

• 60 posts
    May 17, 2012 1:32 PM EDT

After you break out of the prison, all of the reach is against you. It's rediculous! I can't even get the bounty paid off now. I totally ruined my favorite account doing this quest. Even worse after finishing the imperial campaign, doing this quest turns ALL Imperial Soldiers and all Reach Guards and Markarth Guards against you. So if you did the imperial campaign, everywhere, even white run, windhelm, dawnstar, they all turn against you.

Thieves guild can't do crap to remove any bounties, because it becomes the entire imperial faction, not any one hold. And then you fight the imperials, the guards in the hold turn to fight you. Totally rediculous. DO NOT do this quest!

This is the first time I've done it, and it was heavily stupid of me to do so. 

• 952 posts
    May 17, 2012 1:41 PM EDT

lololol, you don't have to help Madanach you know, you can also finish him of in jail and escape to complete the quest.

• 60 posts
    May 17, 2012 1:42 PM EDT

Are you for real? 

• 952 posts
    May 17, 2012 1:47 PM EDT

Uuuuuuuuh, yeah, you never thought that killing the evil king would solve the problem? lololol

• 60 posts
    May 17, 2012 1:47 PM EDT

I just about an hour doing the quest for Markarth, after I finished off ulfric and the storm cloaks. Only to discover that helping Madanach escapes, turns the entire Imperial Faction against you, and with that, the entire land of skyrim because when you kill Imperial Troops in a holds land, you get bounties on you. 

Also found out those bounties can't be touched by the thieves guild, because it's the imperials themselves doing the bounty. In Windhelm the entire Campanions Guild attacks you, even if you are the one "in command" of them. 

It is utterly ridiculous.

• 60 posts
    May 17, 2012 1:50 PM EDT

Yeah, I thought about it, but was wondering by how he talked in his cell that you could possibly become forsworn, I didn't know helping him escape would turn all of skyrim against me to the point I can't explore, trade, make weapons or armor without having to slaughter the entire city/town because even the people start pulling swords and fighting you. 

It totally killed the role play of my character build. =/

• 966 posts
    May 17, 2012 1:56 PM EDT

Weird, i done this quest that way with my first charachter, i was never attacked by guards, my bounty was 0.

Its probaly because you killed guards on your escape, wich was stupid, you should have just let all the others do that lol.

• 238 posts
    May 17, 2012 2:13 PM EDT

EXACT same thing happened to me dude except only markarth hated me. i just used it as my training / hunting ground. fitted my role played character of an evil dunmer quite well

• 59 posts
    May 17, 2012 2:13 PM EDT

I did this quest and everything was fine. Must be a glitch or you did something wrong. If you do something in one hold it wont effect the others. Also why didn't you load a previous game? An autosave? 

• 98 posts
    May 17, 2012 2:37 PM EDT

It's gotta be a glitch because I helped Madanach escape and the guards didn't attack me I even attacked a few of them and nothing happened.

• 426 posts
    May 17, 2012 2:39 PM EDT

I didn't have any problems. The whole of Markarth was against me but I just followed the Forsworn out, let them do the fighting and once I got outside I ditched the guards and went back to pay off my bounty. It was great diving through all the rivers as arrows flew by it was tense. 

Surely you have a save that you can go back before the escape?

• 31 posts
    May 17, 2012 2:40 PM EDT

Use Fus Ro Dah, everyone will fly away. Markarth hates me and I hate it back. Every time i visit Reach, I kill atleast one guard. 

• 60 posts
    May 17, 2012 2:44 PM EDT

I started the quest, finished it in an hour, and screwed my new build =/ 

And it's ALL holds because I killed off the storm cloaks, all the imperials turned against me, and because imperial soldiers that randomly patrol around provinces, I get ganged up on, kill them all, then the entire hold those imperials were in, turns against me as a result. 

This sucks.

• 60 posts
    May 17, 2012 2:48 PM EDT

I made a Molag Worship type character to serve the deadra, but I screwed it up doing this. Because after slaughtering the storm cloaks, I was going to slaughter the cities, towns and villages across south east skyrim. But then use the western areas for safe ground. 

Bounty Collectors, Hired Thugs, Bounty Hunters, I can't enter a building, and then leave it without a group randomly attack. Companions don't last long at all, either. I lost my dog  and I've lost seven other companions so far. And no, I didn't attack any guards, they attacked me. 

• 377 posts
    May 17, 2012 4:33 PM EDT

Wow, Mr. Troll! For having claimed to have played this game so much but never have done the Forsworn Conspiracy quest line is quite ... odd. Did you really think that "Kill all the Nords!!!" would put you in a bright light with the authorities? And to admit that killing Madanach didn't even cross your mind ... well, that's just embarrassing. Have fun trolling...  troll.

• 60 posts
    May 17, 2012 5:27 PM EDT

Because I've been focusing on primary quests and haven't gotten into individual city and town quests. 

And FYI, Mackanach is a Breton... All the Forsworn, are Bretons.

Are you not familiar which factions are what races by now? All the nords are dominantly in the eastern regions. With exception to a few Stormcloak camps here and there, and a couple farms here and there that have Nords running them, or the random nord here and there in the main cities. 

Why would I use a character who for role play purposes primarily focuses on killing nords, to kill a Breton who isn't hostile to me?

• 377 posts
    May 17, 2012 5:49 PM EDT

*Facepalm* wow just... wow

• 952 posts
    May 17, 2012 5:51 PM EDT

+1

• 966 posts
    May 17, 2012 5:53 PM EDT

There should have been a trololololol by now...

• 377 posts
    May 17, 2012 6:00 PM EDT

• 60 posts
    • 60 posts
    May 17, 2012 6:11 PM EDT

Only forsworn that is not a Breton is Burkol the Beast who's an Orc. All others who are called Forsworn or call themselves that, are all Bretons. 

Just like how all Imperial Soldiers are Imperials, and all Dunmer are Dark Elves, etc.

• 708 posts
    May 17, 2012 6:20 PM EDT

I'm pretty sure you're pardoned either way you do it, just wait for the fighting to finish. I've personally done it the Forsworn way and I'm fine in Markarth.

• 60 posts
    May 17, 2012 6:27 PM EDT

So far, fighting has finished, and my character is totally ruined. =/ 

I did all the solitude quests, and quests in dawnstar, riften, killed the black brotherhood, became leader of the campanions guild, completed all thieves guild questline, slaughter the storm cloaks, then turn the entire land enemy by freeing a Breton. 

And loading back to previous save when I was in the mine, killing him in his place ends it, but freeing him on all attempts, creates the same result. Thieves guild can't help, and all guards and armed NPCs are against me.

It all starts with the Markarth Guards attacking me, even after running, imperial soldiers start attacking, if I don't run, all of skyrim goes against the character.

• 952 posts
    May 17, 2012 6:43 PM EDT

Lololol, it's the Black Brotherhood now?