Forums » General Gaming

The Witcher 2 Assassins of Kings - Xbox 360

• 952 posts
    January 20, 2013 8:46 AM EST

Yup, that's the name of the novel or one of the short-stories that are translated, never seen that book in stores or the library in town, maybe it's only translated to English, that could be possible.

• 38 posts
    January 20, 2013 9:21 AM EST

I personally got bored quickly of the first. It probably gets better, but I hadn't much interest in finding out

• 342 posts
    January 20, 2013 9:21 AM EST

hmm this is what is says on wiki,

Blood of Elves (Polish original title: Krew elfów) is the first novel in the Witcher Saga written by Polishfantasy writerAndrzej Sapkowski, first published in Poland in 1994 (English translation was published in late 2008). It's a sequel to the Witcher short stories collected in the books The Last Wish and Miecz przeznaczenia (A Sword of Destiny) and is followed by Czas pogardy (Times of Contempt). It was published in Czech Republic (Leonardo, 1995), Russia (AST, 1996), Spain (Bibliopolis, 2003), Lithuania (Eridanas, 2006), Germany (Deutscher Taschenbuch Verlag, 2008) the United Kingdom (Gollancz, 2008) and most recently in the United States (Orbit, 2009).

so it looks like it was translated into only a few languages, not sre if that helps any.

• 952 posts
    January 20, 2013 9:59 AM EST

I played it for 2 times till halfway through the game but quit, but a short while ago I decided to continue playing, and finished it. Chapter 5 is really good, chapter 4 is more about self-development, chapter 3 is about uncovering the salamandra, chapter 2 is about starting your search and chapter 1 is about getting into town. That pretty much sums up everything. The chapters keep getting better and better with the exceptions of chapter 4 which is mainly running around and talking.

• 952 posts
    January 21, 2013 6:31 PM EST

Finished act 1, I chose to follow Vernon Roche due to how the Scoia'teal broke my trust in them after all I've done for them during the first game. I want to clear my name, not help them again after what they did.

I love how dark and sad this game can get at moments, for example the moment with Morill, I was sad then.

• 1913 posts
    January 21, 2013 6:34 PM EST
    I chose the Scoia'teal. Roche attacked the elves for no reason and they have been through enough already.
    • 952 posts
    January 21, 2013 6:37 PM EST

Ha, then you haven't played the witcher 1, then you would know how treacherous the Scoia'teal are, how they betrayed Foltest, Geralt, and all of Temeria. They are off the worst kind, so don't tell me they have been trough enough. Roche's is the leader of the anti-Scoia'tel unit, so he has reason to finally capture Iorveth.