Forums » The Lounge

The Hardest Thing.... Ever.

• May 9, 2012 10:48 PM EDT

So, you might be able to tell what this is about, but of course I'll give you a detailed story and discussion

Now. I want to know what the hardest thing you have ever done is (As long as you it's not too personal), I mean the HARDEST thing. Ever. In your experience.

What's mine? I just experienced it. You may not believe me, but here it is. I just took my first 'level 3' belt test. Now here's a detailed thing on belts in Kung-fu. It goes: Level 1, White-Yellow-Orange, Level 2, Purple-Blue-Green, Level 3, Brown-Brown/BlackStripe-Red-Red/BlackStripe-Black/WhiteStripe-Black. That's the belts and once you're black you're technically concidered a 'novice' *trollface*... Then you go through yearly degrees (These other ones are taken every 3 months) that are even harder  And after 10 years you take the hardest one of all. Sifu test, then you can open up your own school and teach it to the masses. Some of you may know this is my lifes dream (Cheeeessyyyyyyy ) so yeah... One guy got 3 or so of his ribs broken when fighting a bunch of teachers (For 2 hours) and basically just had to 'go home' so don't take these tests lightly (Well, the degree ones.). I'm pretty sure you have to do 1000 kicks on your black belt test for example. I did 600 (half-hearted from exhaustion) kicks today and I must say it might have been the worst part, as it's the last hard thing you do.

Aaaaanyway, yeah. That's the hardest thing I've ever done so far  Next will probably be eeeven harder but I think I can do it, I guess I did very good today according to everyone so yeah... I'm exhausted XD Now, for detail I'm going to post everything I did...

• Horse Stance - 3 minutes
    • Side Straddle Hop (Jumping Jacks) - 3 minutes
    • 6" Leg Raises - 2 minutes
    • Push-ups - 70
    • Sit Ups (Toe Touches, lay down flat and come up touch your toes) - 100
    • Tam Tui's (One-legged Squat) - 2 each leg
    • 75 of 6 different punches - 450 total and then 50 for 2 Punches that are in a forward stance for 100
    • 5 different kicks, 15 each leg in 4 directions - 600 total
    • Form - Spear (Ended up doing this instead of a different one)

There ya go, my exhausting 'work-out'. I'm sure Alduin will top this with some no sleep fighting for 7 hours thing but whatever, I'm not crazy so that doesn't count  For the sake of your boredom (I think) I won't post the Black Belt test which is brutal but yeah. I think you can understand that for a 13 year old who has been doing this for about a year and a half this was 'rather hard'.

So yeah, what was the hardest thing you've ever done? Whether it was mental or physical or.... I think that's it XD Mine happened to be both

• 668 posts
    May 9, 2012 11:01 PM EDT

Whoa, that is a lot of tags, Julian...

Survive childhood.

But if you want something specific...I was babysitting one night and the house got broken into. I managed to get my little sister and cousin out of the house. I grabbed my Dad's blackjack and yelled downstairs to them that I had a gun (which I didn't) and had called the police (which I also had not done.) They ran back out the basement door that they had kicked in. It was super scary as hell not to run away instead of confronting them. But I've never been one to back down to anything. It was MY house, damn it. Besides my Dad was a hell of a lot scarier than them and he would have kicked my ass for not standing my ground and running like a bitch. 

• 342 posts
    May 9, 2012 11:05 PM EDT

Julian man...you make me exhausted just reading that...

sorry i don't think I've had a hardest thing ever in my life, unless you count going on a roller coaster when I'm shit scared of heights.