Forums » Elder Scrolls

Deadra Artifacts

• 22 posts
    May 2, 2012 10:13 PM EDT

Hey guys, during my recent play through with my rouge char. I've been wanting to finally collect all of the masks and Deadra artifacts. So I thought to myself which Deadra artifact is the coolest. Not the best but more of the quest on how to get it, and how it looks or just has a kick ass ability. IMO Ebony Mail is one of the better quests. The armor looks cool and has the dark cloak when you stealth which is by far one of the coolest abilities in the game.

What are your guys thoughts?

• 377 posts
    May 3, 2012 7:16 AM EDT

In Oblivion my top fav contenders were Umbra and Azura's Star. Since Umbra is out of the game in Skyrim it's definitely Azura's Black Star. 

• 14 posts
    May 3, 2012 7:27 AM EDT

Hello everyone! I'm new here and I'll probably be staying off some topics cause my knowledge of the lore is still limited but I will try catch up. Anyways... I think the Ebony Blade is really beautiful ,slick and powerful once you get past it's utterly evil nature. Also the Spellbreaker is quite practical for all types of characters.

• 377 posts
    May 3, 2012 7:42 AM EDT

Welcome Eva. I wouldn't go as far to say "all" types of characters. For those that use shields yes. I have many characters that don't use shields. I find the Ebony Blade to be obsolete in the mid-game, especially if the player is a blacksmith. Overall I find the daedric artifact weapons and armor to be quite disappointing mid/late game. I wish Umbra were brought back. Or the artifacts be more powerful.

• 708 posts
    May 3, 2012 7:47 AM EDT

Once you've fully charged the Ebony Blade it makes a brilliant weapon for followers, since the reach and attack speed combined with 30 health per hit makes them virtually invincible! And most warrior followers have both one-handed and 2-handed skills anyways.

Welcome to the site by the way

• 426 posts
    May 3, 2012 7:55 AM EDT

Welcome eva, I have the ebony blade and thought that I had charged it but I dont think that I have. What do you have to do to charge it up? I killed lydia with it when I got it but it didnt do anything.

• 708 posts
    May 3, 2012 7:56 AM EDT

It's a difficult choice between the Black Star and Dawnbreaker for me, they've both got cool quests and have items with awesome functionality!

• 708 posts
    May 3, 2012 8:02 AM EDT

You have to kill people that count as 'friends' - Lydia mightn't count since you haven't actually done anything for her. It charges off people like Ysolda after you've done her quest.

• 426 posts
    May 3, 2012 8:08 AM EDT

Ahhhhh I thought it had to be a companion but anyone you have helped out will make it work cool. I shall have to have think about who to slay lol cheers ponts

• 98 posts
    May 3, 2012 8:55 AM EDT

I gotta go with Volendrung, I mean who doesn't like swinging a bigass warhammer and taking the victim's stamina for more power swings. The quest was interesting also because you had to fight multiple giants.

• 377 posts
    May 3, 2012 10:56 AM EDT

Apparently it takes 2 people per level up until it is leveled up to the 30 absorb health. So to get it up to its full max potential you're going to be killing a lot of your buddies. Is it really worth it?

• 952 posts
    May 3, 2012 11:07 AM EDT
    Exactly what you said.
    • 14 posts
    May 3, 2012 1:18 PM EDT

Yes, you're right. Still ir does protect your character from frost,fire etc. up to 50% so it's practical IMO. Also I must agree that I'm a bit dissapointed with the daedric artifacts (except for the Wabbajack, it's  fun to mess around with it...most of the time) When Clavicus Vile wanted me to kill his dog to keep the axe I was like ,' well let's see what this cosmic-out-of this-world axe do', and you know what it does 20 points of stamina damage...that's it (if you don't count the tempering). It didn't really impress me as a god-like being's wepon. And I do enjoy one-handed wepons waaay more that two-handed. I wish there were more katana-like wepons.

• 14 posts
    May 3, 2012 2:40 PM EDT

You have to kill people that you have done favours for and are considered your friends.  Each friend you kill gives the health absorb enchantment 2 extra points, to a maximum of 20 extra points, making 30 health absorb all up when fully empowered.So you have to kill 10 friendly people.
    I personaly used the Whiterun mage up in Dragonsreach. I used the "resurrect" command and killed him 10 times in his room so it would be more private and no bounty. What happend was after 2 kills Melphala spoke to me something like "Yes! I can feel their despair and the tears and in their eyes"

• 22 posts
    May 3, 2012 5:33 PM EDT

Thanks for the input guys but I still think Ebony Mail is he best par none

• 4 posts
    May 22, 2012 9:18 AM EDT

I think I use just about every artifact except for the staffs, not that they aren't useful in their own way. Lately I've been favoring the ebony mail with either volundrug or a combo of dawnbreaker and spellbreaker.