Forums » Elder Scrolls

Armor Cap

• 54 posts
    April 4, 2012 4:19 PM EDT

I recently learned of a built in armor cap that is universal to all armor types. What this means is that any armor rating ABOVE 567 is as good as 567. 

Here's the link to where I learned this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VOoSYGTKTc&feature=related

• 856 posts
    April 4, 2012 4:31 PM EDT

Aye.  The has been mentioned several times in the builder group - but no harm in the post.  There is a rare circumstance where having a higher armor rating helps - when the opponent has an ability that ignores part of your armor.

• 54 posts
    April 4, 2012 4:38 PM EDT

I posted this in my "HOLY SH*T" state. I just watched this video

• 739 posts
    April 4, 2012 5:49 PM EDT

Its an interesting video Neel, thanks for putting it up! Most of us in character building know that 567 is a very special number.

I was especially interested to learn that the Tower of Strength perk does absolutely nothing which is what ive suspected all along and i already knew how crap the fists of steel perk is. Shame because most of my builds run heavy armor and have to spend those two perks to get to the better ones.

The problem is that most people playing Skyrim just want to enjoy their playthrough and i believe perk management can only be taken so far before you are seriously hindering your game experience by holding back on spending 'wasted' perks in order to achieve something that only really benifits you for 25% of your playthrough. Even when playing on master difficulty i think you would have had to make some moronic choices in perks if your still having trouble by level 40.

• 577 posts
    April 4, 2012 6:49 PM EDT

i just checked this guys' videos out. He's got some good stuff in there. Talks a little fast, but still informative

• 54 posts
    April 4, 2012 7:00 PM EDT

I appreciate the feedback. I looked at your bronze sentinel class and was curious about the heavy armor rating you achieved in the end.

• 739 posts
    April 4, 2012 7:29 PM EDT

I'm happy to say that the armor cap was achieved by around level 30ish with that build (as soon as 'matching set' is taken), I would have certainly invested an extra point in juggernaut if the build didn't meet the armor cap, it was all thanks to the ancient knowledge perk and a simple blacksmiths philter when smithing my dwarven gear. Plus i was playing on master with that build and your armor takes a right trampling when playing on higher difficulties which boosts your AC quicker.