Forums » Elder Scrolls

Playing the opposite gender.

• 12 posts
    April 3, 2012 6:10 AM EDT

I'n Skyrim, is your character the opposite gender of yourself? 

• 342 posts
    April 3, 2012 6:20 AM EDT

sometimes yes but more often then not i'm playing my own gender.

• 426 posts
    April 3, 2012 6:23 AM EDT

I always try to play as the opposite sex on one playthrough. Especially with Bethesda games there are always perks and skills that benefit each one. Or there was in the Fallout games. My ultimate character in Oblivion was a women and she kicked bottom.

• 342 posts
    April 3, 2012 6:23 AM EDT

naturally

and hahah you said bottom

• 773 posts
    April 3, 2012 6:25 AM EDT

I often make a character that looks like and is named after my wife. It's quite interesting to roam Tamriel with a Bosmer version of the wife 

• 426 posts
    April 3, 2012 6:32 AM EDT

I did type arse first but thought it best to keep it civilised lol

• 342 posts
    April 3, 2012 6:33 AM EDT

oooh I do this! though not with my wife, but with characters from other games and then roleplay to that characters nature funnily enough most of these types of characters are males, since I can't relate them to as an aspect of myself I tend to find it in others.

• 342 posts
    April 3, 2012 6:35 AM EDT

yeah but bottom just made me crack up cause its one of those words that tries to sounds polite but just ends up sounding weird in a sentence.

butt would have worked better plus its in the original phrase "to kick butt" so to speak :P

• 426 posts
    April 3, 2012 6:42 AM EDT

In the US it does but up North where Im from we say Kicked arse lol or to kick arse lol Butt just sounds as weird as bottom to me lol

• 297 posts
    April 3, 2012 7:07 AM EDT
    My characters are always males like myself,
    i couldnt roleplay a woman properly as i have no idea how a womans mind works in terms of decision making so i would get nothing done lol,
    • 297 posts
    April 3, 2012 7:10 AM EDT
    Haha " bottom" made you "crack" up,
    giggle giggle
    • 342 posts
    April 3, 2012 7:13 AM EDT

oh its easy we can kick as much arse as you guys but as a plus we hardly leave a mess :P yes i can poke fun at my own gender shush

• 297 posts
    April 3, 2012 7:17 AM EDT
    Okay but let it be known that i wasnt poking fun at you guys,
    i have been tricked before and this smells like a trap lol
    • 342 posts
    April 3, 2012 7:18 AM EDT

:D no trap its a old joke, women can do just as much as men but only neater :P

• 297 posts
    April 3, 2012 7:23 AM EDT
    I guess i would just find it hard too roleplay a woman as i am not one,
    it would be out of my league anyway
    • 708 posts
    April 3, 2012 7:29 AM EDT

Probably 80% of my characters are male, I usually only play a female as one of my 'stock' characters (that I more or less remake in many fantasy RPGs), or with a race I've already got a male character of. There's usually a few different conversations/RP options. I used to play them alot more in Morrowind and Oblivion since the gender based attribute bonuses would usually sync much better with my class.

• 426 posts
    April 3, 2012 7:30 AM EDT

Smart man lol

• 297 posts
    April 3, 2012 7:34 AM EDT
    *phew*
    thanks guy im outta here