Forums » Elder Scrolls

Roleplaying

• 38 posts
    March 8, 2012 9:08 PM EST

Alright I know everybody has their own level of role play when playing games like Skyrim so I was just wondering, how much do you role play?  What restrictions do you set? What quests do you choose not to do? What rules do you set for yourself?

• 426 posts
    March 9, 2012 4:51 AM EST

All those questions depend on the type of character your playing with. With Larz because he is old I made the decision that he had to use a horse or carriages as his knees couldnt take all that walking. Also his origins decided which side to take in the civil war. I think the main thing is to just ask your self when a quest pops up would this character actually benefit from getting involved or would it be more of a problem? Your roleplaying is only as good as your idea and your will power to play as required for that particular character.

• 708 posts
    March 9, 2012 7:07 AM EST

For most of my characters I usually choose an alignment, a fairly basic backstory (Exile from Solstheim, Redguard Mercernary, Thalmor defector, Dunmer Priest) and maybe a motivation or two. I felt silly doing some of the Daedric quests on my Paladin and I've sort of come to regret it!

I know a friend of mine 'roleplayed' in Ivarstead as a farmer for awhile - he'd work the lumber and grain mill, push around a cart of lettuce, and each night go to the inn and buy all the alcohol in stock, drink it, and go home and beat his wife before sleeping

• 162 posts
    March 9, 2012 10:07 AM EST

Time for one of my warrioresses to pay that boozer a little visit.    

Beat up his wife, mmm...

• 82 posts
    March 9, 2012 11:02 AM EST

What helps me roleplay is basing the character off someone from a book or a movie.  I never pick someone who was a main character so that I room to fill in more backstory.  I based my latest Assassin/Theif character off of Jaqen H'gar from A Song of Ice and Fire series. For example, I'm walking down a path and run into an orc.  He starts giving my character crap.  I walk away, turn around and sneak, and kill the Orc when he didn't see me coming.   

• 98 posts
    March 19, 2012 2:46 PM EDT

It always depends on the character. Say fo instance my character Grimnr chose to go to the college and at one time joined the stormcloaks ,but then choses that it wasnt right and just left, he then took the path of a full mage and tries to be a peace keeper for both sides.