Forums » Elder Scrolls

Character level progression

• 23 posts
    March 3, 2012 4:08 AM EST

I have been playing my Clvl 47 Assassin all week and she is STILL Clvl 47....

I know that I am still only using the skills I used to get her to 47 and these are now all maxed  out, except Enchanting, which is now at 75.

I feel as though I have to stand in a field and willfully  get attacked by wolves in order to increase Light Armour. Otherwise, I'll have to start leveling skills I'll never use, like magic, for example.

My question, therefore, is this; what techniques do you use to increase Clvl after your character is "complete"? 

• 739 posts
    March 3, 2012 4:34 AM EST

I'd start to introduce other skills that strengthen your character but dont break their class...

So for an assassin that had maxed archery/light armor/one handed/lockpicking i would then bring in illusion/restoration or alchemy.

Or, i would do what i always do and start again.

• 708 posts
    March 3, 2012 4:39 AM EST

I usually buy training in armor skills at higher levels, especially on blocking/dodging characters. Otherwise I pretty much do what Mason does - introduce new skills that don't break the theme of the build. On my Arcane Bladesman for example I started using Smithing to make jewelry to enchant and sell. Most of my characters I retire around 40-50 though, since there's always something new to try.

• 144 posts
    March 3, 2012 10:15 AM EST

max all the crafting skills as they all benefit all kinds of character builds. 

• 23 posts
    March 4, 2012 3:32 AM EST

So I finally get to 48 and I get a message up saying that my follower has got bored and left!!

Bye Lydia. Hope you left a note?!!?

I'm sure the two events aren't connected, but I thought I would share. 

• March 4, 2012 10:06 AM EST

Lol, I've done that before. You accidently told her to wait and forgot about her I bet. If you don't get them in like a week they'll go home.

• March 4, 2012 10:06 AM EST

If your an Assassin you should have no trouble getting enough money to train stuff like armor skills.

• 23 posts
    March 4, 2012 10:25 AM EST

Oh yeah, I have over 120,000. That is something I hadn't considered, thanks for that