Forums » Elder Scrolls

Dungeons & Draugr Roleplaying Mod

• 12 posts
    September 1, 2014 12:04 AM EDT

We are currently looking for ModdersScripters, & Writers if you are interested.

Introduction

Greetings Skyrim Bloggers! My Name is Chris and I would like to welcome you to the Dungeons & Draugr Role-playing Mod! What's Dungeons & Draugr you ask? Well I am glad you asked that question. My dear players, Dungeons & Draugr is a role-playing mod that will open Skyrim up in a whole new way.

Take "Vanilla Skyrim" for example: You create a Male Imperial, and you want to role-play him as a Paladin of Arkay. In-order to role-play that in the game you have to do a lot of pretending and imagining of what your character is saying doing etc etc, right? Well in Dungeons & Draugr in order to role-play him would be to create a male Imperial, select the paladin class, and then once you go through the intro find a shrine of Arkay, pray to his shrine, receive his blessing and do his quest to become his champion. After that you Deity will of course need you to continue to do quests for him as well as keep his favor by living his way of life. All the while doing good deeds to keep his favor you are also playing the actual main quest line to do what a Paladin would do SAVE THE WORLD!

OK... OK... another example; You want to role-play an evil character, how would you do that in "Vanilla Skyrim"? Well of course you would restart you game create another character who starts with the same stats as your Imperial Paladin except you get the racial power of the female Breton you chose. Right there its already kind of ruined because they are all the freaking same! Health is the same, magicka is the same, stamina is the same! Where is the Role-play in that my friends? In Dungeons & Draugr you would really have to think about which race fits the characteristics of an evil character. You would need to think about male or female, because health stamina and magicka are all different. Then you have to decide what do I see my character specializing in, because you will start at basic stats for everything else, and if you don't have a proficiency in two-handed using that weapon will be pointless and stamina will be empty with one swing. One major factor for Dungeons & Draugr is so no character is ever the same!! I HATE that about Vanilla.

Description

Dungeons & Draugr will add a new role-playing value to the game. It is a mod that will allow you the player to have way more in game fun than just imagining your character doing something. Dungeons & Draugr focuses on the quality of role-play, which means a complete Race Overhaul, New abilities that help immerse the player, more things to do in Skyrim, and overall more funMore interactions with NPC's, perks that really affect game play, and don't just boost skills; races with both positive and negative traits. Basically it all starts with you, the PLAYER. Also keep in mind that this is not just a solo project, I am very open to suggestions and feedback to make this mod the Best role-playing mod for the players.

Inspiration

While playing a game of D&D, I decided to try and bring D&D to Skyrim. I started a game spent 45 minutes creating the perfect looking Wood Elf and started playing. about a few days later I was bored, and didn't feel like playing that character anymore. So I downloaded SkyRe, played it, loved it. Downloaded Requiem.. loved it, but there was no Role-play factors in there. You could go kill all of Whiterun except for essential NPC's and then go pray to Arkay and get the blessing?!? What the crap!? So I decided to take on this project and see how well I can do. Also to enhance the role-playing factor wiki is being created to help you with all the features of Dungeons & Draugr Role-playing Mod. Check out the Dungeons & Draugr Adventurer's Manual for more details.

Modifications

• Character Creation(See Manual) - All Races need to be different from one another.

• Skills (See Manual)- These are just a joke. Anyone can get any skill making character creation dull.

• Abilities - Some of these make no sense, how can an Argonian know destruction magic?

• Talents & Traits (See Manual) - Will have positive and negative effects on each race.

• Magic Schools (See Manual)- Needs to be revamped. Example; if you don't know Destruction you cant turn our hand into a flame thrower.

• Alchemy - You should not be able to OP any character, and health potions shouldn't just cure you automatically.

• Dark Magic - Such as Necromancy, Vampirism, Lycanthropy, and yes.. even most Thu'um should be considered bad!

Suggestions

I've got plenty of ideas for this mod, i would love for the community to suggest more, help me make this a more expansive role-playing mod. If you're suggesting something, please try not to keep it lore-friendly;) Because The Elder Scrolls is vast and we should be able to work with the universe we are given.

Development

This mod is extremely a work in progress, and will take time to make, however when this mod reaches a milestone I will release a Play Test(Alpha Build) So that we can all check it out, and submit feedback, and request and change the mod to be more beneficial for who...? That's right the Player! We are looking for ModdersScriptersWriters, and TestersSend me a PM and let me know if you are interested. 

Updates

To keep things nice and tidy you can check this section to find out where and what has been done or is being worked on for this project. 

What are your thoughts on Dungeons & Draugr? What would you like to see in this project? Can you provide any help/support? Let us know in the comments.

Credits

Project Coach: Chris

Lead Writer: Sarus31

=

Head Modder: Chris

You can check out some of it here: Dungeons & Draugr Thread on Nexus. and I am working on the manual here: Dungeons & Draugr Wiki Please let me know if you have any suggestions, feel free to let us know in the thread, and we can discuss it. I would love to make this mod project a community mod.

• September 1, 2014 12:24 AM EDT

Interesting project. I design tabletop games in my spare time and I am familiar with many system, if you would like some help with this send me a message.

Also I can't help but want to call this game Barrow and Briar-Hearts 

• 12 posts
    September 1, 2014 1:21 AM EDT

@Christopher Perigoe "Barrow and Briar-Hearts"... that seems kind of Forsworn-ish lol and thank you for the offer of help and your interest. I will definitely need some advice and help for this. But my main goal is to bring this to a Skyrim Series first.

@Ben Thanks for stopping by, and the suggestion of Draugr & Dragons was my first choice except... Someone has already started a homebrew called "Draugr & Dragons" but since seems to have abandoned said project. Do you think I could change the name and not step on any toes?

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    September 1, 2014 2:36 AM EDT

Isn't there already a TES version of DnD? I know I've seen the rulebook online. Lemme find it.

• 12 posts
    September 1, 2014 2:38 AM EDT
    Ok cool! Thanks Tom!
    • 1595 posts
    September 1, 2014 3:05 AM EDT

RPG's have had funny names down the years: MERP, GERPS, Tunnels and Trolls being my personal favourite name. Maybe you should honour Camilla Valerius and call it Traps and Trolls

Seriously, good job Chris. You've put some effort into those manuals. I know Ponty was doing a D&D/D20 Skyrim system if you haven't seen it already.

So how does all this work for a Let's Play?

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    September 1, 2014 3:19 AM EDT

I believe this is it.

Unofficial Elder Scrolls RPG 2nd Edition. I'm not sure it's complete.

• 12 posts
    September 1, 2014 3:39 AM EDT
    Traps and Trolls!! That's a great name! Thanks for the compliment Phil. And I seen Ponty's d20 system and his looks great and I may borrow a few concepts from there but I am trying to bring a unique feel to this project and and name change just may happen.

As for how this would work for a Let's Play, is to make it into a mod package or an RP overhaul, so that it would follow the Adventurers Manual in its entirety. Or tweak a few different mods so that it fits the AM.
    • 12 posts
    September 1, 2014 3:48 AM EDT
    Nice! Thanks Tom. I will have to go through this in a little while. Most importantly this project will more than likely be made into a mod if I can get enough people to want it. Other wise it will be a Let's Play series most of all.
    • 12 posts
    September 2, 2014 3:02 AM EDT

Hey Tom, I got a chance to go over those materials that you refered to me, and found out that the author is on a permanant Hiatus from the project sooo... I think I may just adapt that project into a mod instead of designing our own. Especially since it has a lot of the content that I was looking to incorporate. If you are interested in the development of the project I would love to have your help.

• 12 posts
    September 4, 2014 11:58 PM EDT

Alright Bloggers, I have started the wiki for Dungeons & Draugr you can check it out here:Dungeons & Draugr Wiki

• 856 posts
    September 5, 2014 12:43 AM EDT

Interesting.

Some initial observations: Altmer are the tallest and fastest race in Skyrim, but they run at the same speed as nearly everyone else, with the exception of the Bosmer - that you have as the 'fastest' but they are the shortest and slowest race in Skyrim. In addition, the Altmer should not be so 'frail' (I suggest +2 Int, -1 Str, -1 End), nor should they have the weaknesses to magic (elemental weakness & price of power). I agree with the 'lawful' part of their alignment, but not the 'Good' part, personally seeing an average Altmer as LN.

You did not give the Khajiit a favored class (monk?), and claws should add to unarmed damage if playing a monk.

Redguards, Tamriel's most naturally gifted warriors have a minus to Agility? I disagree. Plus their stats have more minuses than pluses (the only one on your list that has this imbalance). Something along the lines of +2 Str, Agility, End with -2 Int, Wis, Per may be more suitable.

• 12 posts
    September 5, 2014 1:35 AM EDT

Hell yeah! I love it Rune! I love the suggestions, and will apply these changes tomorrow. Also I am changing a lot of the stat modifiers, to reflect more lore-like attributes. As for the Khajiit I completly missed them and that is probably going to earn me a place in hell..lol I would think either monks or a cage fighter maybe.?

Also I did look at the Redguard and I must have had way too many shots that night i planned out the Redguard.(Humble Apologies) And this my friend is why I made this a community type project, so the people of the Skyrim Blog could help me turn this project into The Best Damn Project Ever!! 

And as always Thanks Rune for the Interest and feedback, feel free to head over to the wiki and join in on this fun project, I would love to have your help.. and I would love for this to be a mod or maybe even a Homebrew.

• 12 posts
    September 5, 2014 2:33 PM EDT

Hey Rune updated some things and finally got the base attributes setup check them out on the wiki

• 12 posts
    September 18, 2014 7:55 PM EDT

more updates to the wiki finally got most of the races worked out! The Mod is almost ready for testing the race modual. let me know if anyone wants to test it. you can find the Official thread over at the nexus here: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/2084739-dungeons-draugr-roleplaying-mod/

• 12 posts
    September 26, 2014 12:52 PM EDT

Updated OP! Check it out Also all races have been modified in game and more work is still to be done. Such as changing carry weights, health, magicka, and stamina stats based on race and sex of the people.