Forums » Elder Scrolls

The Character Graveyard

• 1217 posts
    May 1, 2014 12:37 PM EDT

Here's a really simple question: How many characters have you played and deleted?

Let's exclude victims of restartitis, and focus on those characters you created, enjoyed and made some decent progess on (or even finished) and deleted. Why did you ultimately hit the button? Was it strange, erasing that time investment?

• 856 posts
    May 1, 2014 1:26 PM EDT

We used to have a discussion with over 30 pages detailing various deaths of player's Skyrim characters. Alas, the post was deleted. I've lost dozens of characters (I play dead = dead).

• 1217 posts
    May 1, 2014 1:28 PM EDT

You play DiD with every character? Yikes, I can't imagine it. Maybe after the CB event I'll start giving that a try.

• 661 posts
    May 1, 2014 4:57 PM EDT

I don't remember them. However I accidentally sent one of my friend's characters into Oblivion. I saved over his epic file where he never died since leaving Helgen. It was one of the coolest quest I've ever seen. He made it to Windhelm by taking one of the longest paths, and most dangerous. He made it to lvl 17 with just the gear you get in Helgen's Keep. Deep down inside I know he doesn't forgive me for it.  His name was Rohan Shiro, a Stormcloak recruit. The son of Mathyas Shiro. 

I regret doing that. I wish to see how his playthrough would have went. My character was hardly worth of remembrance however. He was probably my biggest failure. 

• 1441 posts
    May 1, 2014 5:05 PM EDT

Alright, on one of my Archangels, I accidnetly saved over his files with his brother, my new character

• 1217 posts
    May 1, 2014 5:17 PM EDT
    Are there any characters that are immune to the axe, you'd never erase them? I only have four characters right now, so it's not a big worry, but I don't plan on ever deleting my first character. Any character that got a real story would be hard for me to get rid of.
    • 1217 posts
    May 1, 2014 5:18 PM EDT
    Archangels? Like the Seraphim build, or is that a naming scheme?
    • 1441 posts
    May 1, 2014 7:25 PM EDT
    It's a naming scheme. Basically, the Dvines created eight Archangels, and Talos got one too. I started before the Seraphim was created, heck, I think slightly before the Heretic existed
    • 661 posts
    May 2, 2014 7:10 AM EDT
    No one is immune to the axe :þ
    • 49 posts
    May 2, 2014 8:09 AM EDT

I have over 500 saves on my Skyrim, and over 600 on Oblivion. I've only ever deleted two characters. My first one, Simon the Imperial, because I got confused with Oblivion, was the victim of a deletion, along with a female dunmer pirate I made for fun, whose name escapes me. Aside from that, they're all saved on my hard drive, except for on Skyrim where my wood elf, Sirius, my Nord Olaf and my Khajiit Jak were deleted by my brother in a fit of rage.

• 1483 posts
    May 2, 2014 9:27 AM EDT

I delete save games of all characters I've retired. Each new character starts with a save 001 and screenshot count 1. I guess it's a way to "start anew" 

• 1217 posts
    May 2, 2014 9:49 AM EDT

That's what I do, too, and it sounds like Xarxes as well.

• 1217 posts
    May 2, 2014 9:49 AM EDT

I imagine that could be pretty refreshing.

• 1217 posts
    May 2, 2014 11:15 AM EDT

Bummers, all around! Makes for good stories, though.

• 1217 posts
    May 2, 2014 11:30 AM EDT

I didn't see a whole lot, but I understood just fine, anyway :)

• 88 posts
    May 2, 2014 11:49 AM EDT
    The olny one I remember is Frederik, an Imperial priest who was focused on restoration magic, but I had a glitch happen where my character could not get the master restoration spells after the quest. D=
    • 1913 posts
    May 2, 2014 11:59 AM EDT
    I lost one character through a terrible glitch... What happened was this person wanted to get cured of their vampirism... The went through the ritual and were getting cured... But just as the ritual ended... Death... What happened? I don't know...