Forums » Elder Scrolls

The Character Build Deathmatch: 2/8/13

• 557 posts
    February 8, 2014 10:22 AM EST

Hello all, and welcome to the Character Build Deathmatch! This week Mason has chosen eight builds that face his axe. Be sure to read through them and vote for your favorites, as their fate is in your hands!

Each week 8 builds from the dark bowels of the Bloodworks are belched up and pitted against each other in a 24 hour battle for survival. The winner gets to live to fight another day, the losers however are served instant death.

This week the following 8 builds have been dragged into the arena for your entertainment!

Any build that scrapes 20 likes during the course of the match will progress into the next rank and will naturally escape death.

Have fun reading and don't forget to vote in the poll for your favorite!

• 55 posts
    February 8, 2014 10:35 AM EST

I think it is a shame that the Blades Descendant is a part of this considering it was a contest build. And even though it was gimped by only using racial skills it still isn't that bad. Aside from the lackluster presentation, but it earns my vote 

• 739 posts
    February 8, 2014 10:39 AM EST

Wasn't aware of that when I selected it...

Are you suggesting it should have some kind of immunity because it was a contest entry despite being a bloodworks build that few have liked?

• 268 posts
    February 8, 2014 11:03 AM EST
    Pretty average selection this time. Just a bunch of generic builds, except the Thieves Guild Enforcer. That could have been good with better presentation and execution. I don't think I'll vote for any this time, they should all go to the block in my opinion.
    • 773 posts
    February 8, 2014 11:06 AM EST

Yes its a bland selection this week - with one or two absolute shockers who must surely be destined for the chopping block

I liked the look of the Alchemist and the Larcenist. Neither were especially original - I feel sure we have many similar and probably better builds based around alchemy and thievery (respectively), but for some reason I felt the Larcenist deserves to survive. 

So it gets my like and my vote

• 365 posts
    February 8, 2014 11:14 AM EST

It's between the Larcenist and the Soulmancer...my love of thief builds is giving the edge to the Larcenist, but personally I think the Soulmancer had miles better presentation than any of the other builds....

EDIT: Voted Larcenist because it was a bit longer than the Soulmancer, and I preferred the playstyle...

• 268 posts
    February 8, 2014 11:14 AM EST
    I did like the Larcenist's presentation, but I felt like it was cut short. If the author had elaborated a bit it might not have been in the death match in the first place.
    • 4 posts
    February 8, 2014 12:48 PM EST

Soulmancer is far better than the others.

• 55 posts
    February 8, 2014 12:48 PM EST

No, of course not. I voted for it because I actually liked it. 

• 338 posts
    February 8, 2014 12:51 PM EST

I voted for Larcenist.

• 9 posts
    February 8, 2014 1:20 PM EST

I have to agree with Angmar. As far as quality goes Soulmancer for sure.

• 179 posts
    February 8, 2014 1:21 PM EST

Thieves Guild Enforcer is a pretty cool idea. It's actually pretty similar to my Shadowfoot, which itself was deleted in a deathmatch. A sign, perhaps?

• 158 posts
    February 8, 2014 3:29 PM EST

No votes from me this time around.  Usually, I find one that I think deserves a bit of generosity, but maybe I'm extra grumpy today. :P

• 194 posts
    February 8, 2014 3:55 PM EST

I'm going to try to vote underdog from now on, both with votes and likes. I like the disarming focus of the Thieves Guild Enforcer and it has the fewest likes/votes. I feel some of the other builds with more votes/likes are even more cookie cut than this one, lacking unique gameplay and relying on tired roleplay.

• 739 posts
    February 9, 2014 11:00 AM EST

The deathmatch is now over. We currently have a draw between The Soulmancer and the Alchemist but neither build has moved to recognized. Unusual.

The Beast Within has also been saved and has moved to recognized.