Forums » General Gaming

Best Skyrim Quests

• December 16, 2013 1:28 AM EST

I'm sure there is already a discussion for this. What is your favorite Skyrim Quest? AND for whomever doesn't know, where do you get the quest so that we can play them too! 

• 74 posts
    December 16, 2013 4:25 PM EST
    If DLC counts, then Dawnguard, if not, then the College questline was good, if a bit rushed. I'd've killed to have been able to attend actual classes on magic.
    • 17 posts
    December 16, 2013 4:29 PM EST

The Dawnguard Questline from the Dawnguard DLC, is definitely one of my favorites. I always enjoy The Forsworn Conspiracy which you pick up immediately after entering Markarth. Daedric Quest wise: Peryite's  (Picked up at Peryite's Shrine) is actually my favorite of them all, which I still find shocking. Lastly, my favorite Dragonborn DLC questline is probably The Final Descent at the Raven Rock Mine. I've only done it once so far, and for my current character, and I find it to be extremely entertaining.

• 74 posts
    December 16, 2013 4:32 PM EST
    Oh yeah, I forgot about Forsworn, I wish more of the prisons were like that, I mean with inmates you could interact with
  • December 16, 2013 9:27 PM EST

Ya I like both Dawnguard and Dragonborn as my top quest, however for them both you get the full experience when playing on Expert+ & doing some side quest. And you can't beat Serana as the top follower 

• 75 posts
    December 16, 2013 9:29 PM EST

Rise in the East, a quest that isn't really well known. You're on a moving boat!

• December 16, 2013 9:42 PM EST

I love the one where you have to go to Blackreach. I wish every quest was that long. Not to mention Blackreach is freaking gorgeous!

• 74 posts
    December 16, 2013 9:43 PM EST
    I liked that one too but I didn't feel like I was fighting pirates, if you get what I mean.
    • 74 posts
    December 16, 2013 9:45 PM EST
    I agree but I felt Dragonborn was too quick, I mean one minute I met Miraak and the next I killed him. I don't know if I'm the only one who prefers longer quest lines.
    • 158 posts
    December 16, 2013 10:20 PM EST
    I'd have to second The Forsworn Conspiracy and Cidhna Mine - I thought those were great. I love how nuanced they were with the various civil war and insurrection factions in general. I'm also a fan of The Man Who Cried Wolf and The Wolf Queen Awakened - Potema resurrected was a pretty cool idea. And I liked the quest to rescue the Gray-Mane kid from the Thalmor prison, too. Stealth ops are always fun, until it's time to massacre Thalmor :)
  • Jen
    • 88 posts
    December 18, 2013 1:04 AM EST

Dragonborn is probably my favorite overall. But despite being a bit disappointed in the Bards College in general, I really enjoy Tending the Flames. I also love The Blessings of Nature, given to you by Danica in Whiterun. I think the Eldergleam Sanctuary is beautiful.

• 253 posts
    December 18, 2013 1:36 AM EST

I love Bleak Falls Barrow. It feels like a Rite of Passage for all my characters. Not only is it a fun dungeon, but the outside area (the mountain, lake, and Riverwood) all look stunning. 

• 158 posts
    December 18, 2013 12:42 PM EST
    agreed. every time i go through that dungeon, i admire the work bethesda put into it. and lake illinalta is one of my favorite places in skyrim. it's always where i build my player home for those characters that don't live in cities.
  • Tom
    • 624 posts
    December 18, 2013 3:00 PM EST

My favorites are College of Winterhold, Main Quest, Dragonborn, and just about any quest involving running through giant dwarven ruins. 

I just love delving into abandoned, massive dungeons filled with falmer and animonculi. They feel dark, cold, and lonely. They leave me paranoid, especially when I role play. I pack my food and supplies, grab a party, and dive in grabbing whatever I came for and anything light weight and valuable to sell for profit. When I find an area to break camp, I summon my atronachs to stand guard outside, set rune traps, and sleep in shifts with my followers.

• 149 posts
    December 18, 2013 4:11 PM EST

The main quest and thieve's guild questline are my probably my favorites, next to Dawnguard and any other quests involving Neloth.