Forums » Elder Scrolls

Missing builds?

• 4 posts
    September 24, 2013 5:49 PM EDT

I'm looking for an idea of a build to create. I want it to be somethin origional, but different. What do you think is missing in the build archives and how should i do the roleplay for it?

• 1483 posts
    September 24, 2013 5:51 PM EDT

You should play what you find interesting. There is no point in making builds just to fill the gaps in the Archive. In my opinion, the character should be yours, with backstory, gameplay, equipment, everything...

• 739 posts
    September 24, 2013 6:06 PM EDT

On the other hand the archive is a good place to go for some general inspiration, you can instantly see what kind of builds have been 'done to death' and look for any 'gaps in the market'...

Vaz's advice is good though, you shouldn't write up a pure thief just because we don't have many. Make sure you're having fun with the character because if you're not it will be very noticeable when you do the write up...

• 4 posts
    September 24, 2013 6:07 PM EDT

Thanks, but what im really looking for is a build that hasen't been done yet to play, some of the newer ones look like they were just thrown together, and though i have seen some really good ones, i need some inspiration.

• 249 posts
    September 24, 2013 6:18 PM EDT
    We don't have any original Pilgrim builds. Check out the Pilgrim class from Morrowind and Oblivion to get an idea of the skills and then create a pilgrimage from Skyrim's points of interest.
    • 1483 posts
    September 24, 2013 6:18 PM EDT

Good point on "done to death" ideas, Mason!  Necromage vampires are a little too overdone IMO 

@kaleb - to start, PilgrimScout and Bard tags have quite a small amount of builds in them.

• 249 posts
    September 24, 2013 6:29 PM EDT
    Beat ya to it ;)
    • 1483 posts
    September 24, 2013 6:34 PM EDT

I have them linked though 

• 249 posts
    September 24, 2013 8:53 PM EDT
    And added two other options although Pilgrim is the obvious choice ;) nice 1 up!
    • 33 posts
    September 25, 2013 6:14 AM EDT

My ideas on this:

1. TROLLing
    2. If the piano has that many keys, there's an infinity of songs one can create using a piano. Furthermore, it's possible that two pianists give a completely different interpretation to the same song, so different that they can be called unique too.
    • If you're looking for a unique build, you better make it unique yourself. There are many unique builds here, they just don't fit your own idea of "uniqueness". There are 18 skills. No player classes. Want a unique build? You have two options, stay within the TES game world or get inspiration from somewhere else. 

What do you mean by BUILD? You seem to use it pretty liberally. You mean concept? Gameplay? Skillset? Description?

• 268 posts
    September 25, 2013 1:08 PM EDT
    "what im really looking for is a build that hasen't been done yet to play"
    Dude, paradox sentence. You're looking for a build to play that hasn't been made... And if you want to ask questions on making a build, ask in the Helpdesk, if you want a build to play, ask in recommendations, don't start a new discussion for it.