Forums » Elder Scrolls

Armor Choices (Damn you Ponty for The Nightingale Swordsman)

• 6 posts
    September 6, 2013 11:28 PM EDT

Does anyone else find themselves agonizing over armor choices for their build ideas?  Ever since I played Ponty's Nightingale Swordsman, I always want the armor bonuses to match the build.  Some of you may think, "duh, of course you do".  But, I never cared too much about it before.  That build has exactly the skills for the armor.  It often leaves my potential builds  uncompleted because I end up screwing them up trying to fit enchanting in to the build.  I just don't picture a Ranger, for instance, having enchanting.  And, if you are going to use heavy and not use enchanting then you're just going to be stuck with what you manage to find. I need to learn to relax...

• 4 posts
    September 7, 2013 1:17 AM EDT

I'd like to get a matching character, but I tend to choose light or heavy, and then wear the first useful magical thing I find. And forget about it. Then about 10 levels later I realise I look like a hobo...

• 19 posts
    September 7, 2013 8:37 AM EDT

nightingale swordsman one of my fav builds, didn't finish it (went to lvl 39) i may, but gonna try something else.  I dont stress to much about the gear matching the skills, i wanna look cool. Pontys KS was a steal, otherwise i just look cool and make it work, besides gear matching the skills makes it too easy unless you're playing a higher difficulty