Neloth Telvanni

• 1483 posts
    August 22, 2013 9:04 AM EDT

Narfi

• 3 posts
    August 22, 2013 9:25 AM EDT

Second thought, is it not Nazeem?

• August 22, 2013 10:30 AM EDT

Considering how most of the population is comprised of bandits...I'm going to say the bandits. 

But, it only belongs to the Nordic bandits. 

• 111 posts
    August 22, 2013 11:04 AM EDT

Well apart from the Dragonborn and his dragon allies (Ulfric and Tullius can kiss my butt!)it could be:-

THE NORDS,and the citizens of Skyrim but there are better ways of making it so than civil war. The Empire ruled by consensus not by conquest. The deal with the Altmer has stuck in the throat of many people within and without Tamriel. The milk drinking emperor has in effect undermined and dissolved the Empire by his actions. All satellite states such as Elswhere and Valenwood (already purged), Hammerfell, Skyrim,  High Rock, etc must look to their own future and decide whether they want to replace the Imperial controls with  Altmeri ones. Hammerfell has said no and Skyrim must do the same. Without that stance any chance of a level of autonomy and self governance, protection of traditions and religious beliefs etc is lost. The Imperials showed respect for an honoured Nord traditions and beliefs. The Altmer have no intention of doing such a thing. The choice is simple a declaration of independence or total submission as a second class citizen or slave.

OH bother! I've taken this as a serious question 

• 13 posts
    August 22, 2013 10:14 PM EDT

Nords.
    Hands down.

• August 22, 2013 10:35 PM EDT

One half is under Imperial rule, the other is Stormcloak territory. If you mean who has the right do so? Well whoever conquers it, I suppose.

• 47 posts
    August 22, 2013 11:55 PM EDT
    I do cause I'm Batman. Nah but in all seriousness the Nords it's their turf
    • 43 posts
    August 23, 2013 8:05 AM EDT

wrong it belongs to the snow elfs

• 167 posts
    August 23, 2013 8:33 AM EDT

The Snow Elves attack the Nord's for no reason, slaughter them all, get fucking destroyed by the original 500, and the land still rightfully belongs to them? DOUBT IT

• August 23, 2013 10:32 AM EDT
    "The Snow Elves attack the Nord's for no reason." Highly unlikely. At that time they would've lived with the Nords for a decently long time, so they would've seen how dangerous the Nords could be. So risking an attack on them for absolutely no reason would be incredibly risky. They must of had a pretty good reason (in their mind) to kill everyone in Saarthal.

My first guess is they didn't trust the Nords with the Eye of Magnus, and believed they would've abused its power. The Nords believed the Elves would abuse it so they hid it from them. This furthered the Falmer's suspicion and eventually led to the Night of Tears. Another possibility is the Eye of Magnus itself. What does it do? Does it corrupt the mind? It could've corrupted Vingalmo to act on his lust for power (it was always there, but he still cared more about his job until the Eye showed up). Perhaps the Eye seeped into the minds of the Nords, or the Falmer, or both.

Or maybe a little Nord boy took a Falmer boy's lunch money...
    • 966 posts
    August 23, 2013 11:06 AM EDT

I suppose it belongs to both the Nords and Imperials. Since the Nords were never fully conquered(There was one major battle, the Nords lost that and then joined "voluntarily''), the Imperials can't fully claim it by right of conquest, the Nords do, but it's still part of the Empire, so it also belongs to the Imperials. Unless the Stormcloaks win in lore (wich I doubt, the only way the Empire would let go is if Skyrim would remain a vassal).

The Falmer lost Skyrim long ago, they don't own it anymore, but still have a good claim to take it back rightfully.

• 167 posts
    August 23, 2013 11:07 AM EDT

That honestly doesn't change anything though..

• August 23, 2013 11:09 AM EDT

I think the Eye of Magnus, what ever it was, was the last straw for the Snow Elves. Before that, the Atmorans were making babies like rabbits, and the Elves just couldn't keep up. I think with the discovery of the Eye, it was just to much of an advantage and they made a preemptive strike at Saarthal.

If they hadn't done that, the Snow elves might still be around. Oh the decisions me make.  

• August 23, 2013 11:15 AM EDT
    Yes, it actually does, quite a lot. It goes from mindless slaughter to (in their mind) necessary evil deeds. Or if my second theory holds any water, then it was completely out of the control of both parties involved.
  • August 23, 2013 11:18 AM EDT
    That's also likely. The Night of Tears had the Falmer killing children and the Nords killing children right back at them. No party is wholly innocent, though the Nords are a bit more innocent due to the fact that they weren't the ones to attack first.
  • August 23, 2013 11:23 AM EDT

Once the Falmer laid down the ground rules for war, the Atmorans played by them. They beat them at their own game, and the name of the game is genocide. 

I don't fault the Nords at all. When it becomes driving out a people, you can't leave children. It's awful, but that is the best way.  Kill children, and you win battles you'd have to fight in the future. 

• August 23, 2013 11:36 AM EDT
    I don't believe in the murder of innocent children, under any circumstances. Especially since it's unlikely the entire Falmer race even supported the Night of Tears. The ones in the other parts of Skyrim likely hardly knew about Saarthal until they heard of the invasion. In fact, I can say with certainty that there were Falmer cities who took no part in the planning of, approval of, or initiating the Night of Tears. It's why I don't hate every single Ayleid, some had no part in slavery, helped the slaves rebel, and helped them with political guidance after they won.
  • August 23, 2013 11:44 AM EDT

Are they innocent when they'll grow up to become combatants? It's a great question from  a conqueror's perspective. 

If there were a lot of Snow Elves who were against Saarthal, was there any attempts of peace made? 

• August 23, 2013 12:01 PM EDT
    Were there a lot? We don't know. The Night of Tears merely states 'Falmer', he never specifies. Nor does it mention any actions taken before the attack. Though keep in mind, the book is a theory, thus the author's heavy use of 'I believe...' This is actually why a lot of people like TES lore, not everything is revealed, it lets people come up with their own theories, like you and I have done.
  • August 23, 2013 12:04 PM EDT

That's not good, because then anything could have happened. That's throwing out truth from history. I really don't like that at all. 

• August 23, 2013 12:23 PM EDT
    Yep, anything could've happened. That means you need good reasons to support your idea over someone else's. Whether it's 'good' is subjective, I enjoy coming up with theories. Some of the theories for TES are absolutely amazing. Look at the Dwemer disappearance, some of the theories are awesome (one involves them building another Numidium to travel back to the time of creation to be gods again). Now if Bethesda reveals what happened, all those creative theories would be completely useless.
  • Mr.
    • 763 posts
    August 23, 2013 12:38 PM EDT

Best claim is Falmer.

But, Skyrim belongs to the Empire right now. Not to the "Skyrim belongs to the Nords!" barbarians.

EDIT: Ah, and I forgot to mention... I don't think Skyrim "belongs" to someone really. It's only on the man/mer/other races's perception that this concept of owning exists.