Forums » Elder Scrolls

Little help please? (Blog/Story Idea)

• 6 posts
    July 18, 2013 5:27 PM EDT

So, I've been writing a fan-fiction about Skyrim(Duh). It basicly IS the game. I made a character, background, and reasons for everything.

Basicly, I want to know if what I'm writing is a good idea.

The main Character is Khajiit. I took the Dragonborn concept out of it. There are no dragons. I decided this because I find Khajiit Dragonborns...odd..

The Story I'm writing begins just like the game(Helgen), but only continues through the Stormcloak questline.

I mean, I took the Dragons out, because the Stormcloak quest doesn't have much to do with Dragons. It's seem odd to say, "Oh, HEY! A dragon attacked Helgen! Let's not mention it ever again through this Novel!".

So, I took out dragons. Dragonborn. Anything to do with Dragon.

Now, my question is this; Was it wise to take out the Dragonborn Concept? I mean, I'm writing this as a novel for people that don't game. They'll still be able to get a taste of The Elder Scrolls without having to actually PLAY the game.

All comments Welcome ^-^ Any questions or discussions will be replied to :)

• 291 posts
    July 18, 2013 5:41 PM EDT

Sure you can do that.  In fact, I did that with Arnau's story.  He didn't even set foot in Helgen by the time the tale began.  He was already level 20ish and in Solitude, and had taken up residence there.

So, absolutely you can completely ignore dragons or anything dragon-related!  I think those stories are probably going to be more unique and interesting as everyone and their brother has done the Dragonborn thing. :)

• 1 posts
    July 18, 2013 5:42 PM EDT

You do know that to advance through the Stormcloak questline you have to go through the main questline to some degree? *small spoiler* When you give Ulfric's axe to Jarl Balgruuf he won't give you an answer until the dragons are taken care of. However I am not sure how far you must go through the questline before he gives you an answer.

• 6 posts
    July 18, 2013 5:47 PM EDT

lol I mean as a novel o.o I'm writing it as if there are no dragons at all. 

• 6 posts
    July 18, 2013 5:48 PM EDT

I am aware :) So, I'll have to work around it like I did with escaping Helgen :)

Basicly, I'm replacing Dragons with a horde of Horrible Bandits. They're the ones that attacked Helgen. They're the ones that need to be dealt with :)

So, that won't be too much of a problem, I Assure you :)

• 291 posts
    July 18, 2013 5:52 PM EDT

Oh.  ^^  Well, it's your novel, so you're free to omit what you like.

• 6 posts
    July 18, 2013 5:56 PM EDT

Okay :) Well, I'll probably be posting the first chapter as a blog later tonight :)