Forums » Elder Scrolls

Khajiits vs Argonians,who is the better predator?

• May 15, 2013 1:57 PM EDT
    Well they still need some of their features (disease resistances and water breathing, claws and nerve bundles). Also due to the massive diversity of sub-races (senche-Raht, flying Argonians, etc.), it's tough to pinpoint which features are vestigial. Some Argonians could be primitive enough to not know of fire. Perhaps their reincarnation through the Hist has halted their evolution. Or it's a possibility that evolution doesn't even exist in TES (might ask Vix about that). But I was mainly objecting to the "throw a man or elf in the jungle/swamp for the same amount and they'll become just as skilled".
    • 3 posts
    May 15, 2013 1:58 PM EDT

Alright lots of people are talking how Khajit would keep up in the Swamps of Black Marsh. How about we turn it around and but these Argonians in Elswyr. The fact that Elswyr is mostly dessert makes it also a dry province. Argonians who live in the province of Black Marsh are used to a more moist air. So they would dry up (not sure of course) in which they would get tired before they could land a deadly strike so in that case I'm sure the Khajit wins.

But in the fight with the imperials, I first of all think both would take them out in seconds. the Argonian would likely use a poison to kill at least one of them and take the rest out in a split second. The Khajit could on the other hand engage in hand to hand combat and take them out with pretty much raw power. But none of you have actually taken account the rocks. Either o the races could make it a hiding spot and lure them and take them out there and when another imperial approaches reposition and use the same tactic.

And I know this is a terrible idea for most of you, but I think the Argonians and Khajit would have a bigger chance of surviving if they actually worked together. Like the Po' Tun and Tang Mo of Akavir. They used to be enemies and the Po' Tun even invaded the Tang Mo but they still worked together. Wha if the Argonians and the Khajit could create a similair pact and fight enemies together, has anyone even thought of how beastly that would be?!

• May 15, 2013 3:27 PM EDT
    As soon as the Argonian is seen, his best bet would be to keep out of reach of the remaining Imperial(s), this would tire them out but not the Argonian, thus allowing the Argonian to take them out with less risk to himself.
    • 3 posts
    May 15, 2013 3:29 PM EDT
    Of course it'll work in his advantage for sure, but how about arrows? How about battle mages? Just say you are running away to tire them out, you can't outrun an arrow.
  • May 15, 2013 3:33 PM EDT
    I would attempt to kill the Battlemage first. Stay mid-range, far enough to keep out of melee range but close enough so they can't properly nock and aim an arrow.
    • 3 posts
    May 15, 2013 3:37 PM EDT
    How about 3 archers and 2 battle mages, not saying a khajit would handle that fast.
    • 966 posts
    May 15, 2013 5:04 PM EDT

Evolution does exist. At least in Elves and Humans.

• Dyg
    • 16 posts
    May 15, 2013 6:23 PM EDT

Equal depending on the situation

• Dyg
    • 16 posts
    May 15, 2013 6:49 PM EDT

an argonian would most likely assassinate a battlemage and stun the other with a paralyzing poison then disappear into the surroundings only to strike where least expected, rinse and repeat or use some other guerrilla tactic until the enemies are all dead

• Dyg
    • 16 posts
    May 15, 2013 6:50 PM EDT

a khajiit would likely use some ninja skills to take em down quick

• 17 posts
    May 16, 2013 2:58 PM EDT

I have a deep dislike for Argonians, so answer is obvious.