Forums » The Lounge

Your favorite House in ASOIAF (GOT)?

• 55 posts
    November 19, 2013 4:54 PM EST

ive always held to this theory. Also, the third head is Tyrion  (reply to matts post 2 posts up)

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    November 19, 2013 10:25 PM EST

I've been curious why so many people take the word of the Undying as truth. We know that prophecies are real in the series, but why does everyone take every prophecy ever told as being real or will come to pass?

Dreams seem to be, by far, more accurate in terms of foretelling events than sorcerers tricks and illusions. The Warlocks are stated time and again to be known for lying in the books.

If you want prophecy, look to the Old Gods, not those blue-lipped soothsayers and demon worshipers (*coughR'hllorcough*),

• November 20, 2013 2:06 AM EST

What the hell is ASOIAF?

• 342 posts
    November 20, 2013 3:43 AM EST

it stands for A Song Of Ice And Fire a series of books by the author George R.R. Martin or also known as the Tv Show a Game of Thrones which is based off the books

some other acronyms you might find in this conversation refer mostly to the book the information is found in

GoT ( A Game of Thrones (book 1)
    CoK ( A Clash of Kings (book 2)
    SoS ( A Storm of Swords (book 3)
    FFC ( A Feast for Crows (book 4)
    ADWD (A Dance with Dragons (book 5) < also latest one

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    November 20, 2013 10:28 AM EST

Margaery? She's even worse than Daenerys. The only things that makes the Tyrells powerful are their vassals, which includes House Redwyne, Tarly and Hightower. The second one housing one of the most capable strategists of Westeros, Randyll Tarly and the first one possessing a fleet that can probably rival the Iron Fleet, besides being economically stable, as House Hightower, which in it's capital (Oldtown) also houses the Citadel, responsible for the training of maesters.

My point is, the Tyrells are influential, but mostly because of their vassals. The only politically capable figure of House Tyrell is the Queen of Thorns (I love this nickname), Olenna Tyrell, who is actually a Redwyne.

So... The Tyrells sucks, and Margaery is extremely unexperienced.